Deadpool 2 I loved the cleaning up of the timelines

batman1

Civilian
Reaction score
And the Cher song at the end. It was already a decent movie. But the explosive ending was awesome!!! It's hard to repeat a perfect movie like the first DP. But it was a great ending. And something I feel fans wanted to see. AT least some form of it.

I saw the movie but Jesus spoilers. What is with people lately? Ive seen so many things spoiledbin the thread titles

Part of me kinda wishes they had gone further with it and had deadpool run at [BLACKOUT]wolverine[/BLACKOUT] and do that spin move barakapool does in the movie before the shot cuts to the next scene with [BLACKOUT]Ryan Renolds [/BLACKOUT]

Although chances are [BLACKOUT]Deadpool couldn't actually kill barakapoo[/BLACKOUT]l anyway because of his healing ability but thats just over thinking.

Last edited:
I mean, if you want to get pedantic, he made it worse, because DOFP and Apocalypse already retconned Wolverine Origins, but if Deadpool can still reach it, he is therefore mixing the timeli....

Oh look, I've gone crosseyed.

I mean, if you want to get pedantic, he made it worse, because DOFP and Apocalypse already retconned Wolverine Origins, but if Deadpool can still reach it, he is therefore mixing the timeli....

Obviously he traveled back in time to before Wolverine traveled back in time. Timelines have their own timeline. Or something.

Since when has the Fox-men franchise ever cared about continuity?

”You’re welcome Canada.”

Lolololololol.

Part of me kinda wishes they had gone further with it and had deadpool run at [BLACKOUT]wolverine[/BLACKOUT] and do that spin move barakapool does in the movie before the shot cuts to the next scene with [BLACKOUT]Ryan Renolds [/BLACKOUT]

Although chances are [BLACKOUT]Deadpool couldn't actually kill barakapool anyway because of his healing ability [/BLACKOUT]but thats just over thinking.
true... [BLACKOUT]he probably should have put one of those de-powering collars on him first[/BLACKOUT]

Seen the movie but someone needs to delete this thread. How is it still open 4 days later?
Bit spoilery.

didn’t expect it to fix the mess that is the continuity of the X films but it did and I can watch them now and not get to hung up on contradictions I did before

No. DP2 just introduced the concept of there being multiple timelines. DOFP didnt fix the timeline, but rather created a seperate divergent one, which is something that happens in the books. It was assumed that there was just one in DOFP, but DP2 showed that Wolverine Origins still happened and DP used the device to go to that timeline.

didn’t expect it to fix the mess that is the continuity of the X films but it did and I can watch them now and not get to hung up on contradictions I did before

If you take the credit scene seriously it just adds more questions then it does fix them. it was just a fun gag.

If you take the credit scene seriously it just adds more questions then it does fix them. it was just a fun gag.

Not to me. Its simple enough to just take things as being in different timelines when they dont make sense with each other

The writers confirmed the end credits scene is canon which makes perfect sense. Deadpool is nonsensical and careless with continuity.

Is there an after credits scene...not a post credits...but an "after credits" which come after all the credits have run. I know there's a few post credits scenes.

Is there an after credits scene...not a post credits...but an "after credits" which come after all the credits have run. I know there's a few post credits scenes.
Musically only.

I mean, if you want to get pedantic, he made it worse, because DOFP and Apocalypse already retconned Wolverine Origins

No, they didn't.

Wolverine's childhood and the multiple wars he fought with Sabertooth still happened followed by his meeting with William Stryker and the weapon X experiment. Cyclops' life in Apocalypse is nearly identical to the one in Origins and like you said, Deadpool 2 made it worse because the fact that the movie showed a clip of Wolverine preparing to fight the "other" Deadpool means he still joined team X, the mission in Nigeria still happened, and Wolverine still meets Kayla (who faked her own death to trick him into fighting Sabertooth and volunteer for the experiment).

No. DP2 just introduced the concept of there being multiple timelines. DOFP didnt fix the timeline, but rather created a seperate divergent one, which is something that happens in the books. It was assumed that there was just one in DOFP, but DP2 showed that Wolverine Origins still happened and DP used the device to go to that timeline.
And this ties in nicely with Legion and The Gifted as well. In this (Deadpool's) timeline young David is just eating cereal and in The Gifted timeline the X-Men have gone. These timelines are different, but co-exist. Cable's future was also very reminiscent of DOFP btw.

Of course none of what he did actually cleaned up any timelines..... but who cares, because it was damn funny !

I mean, he killed an earlier, crappier version of himself and we all cheered because X-Men Origins Deadpool sucked donkeys - but that does nothing to changed that weird Wolverine timeline, which doesn't properly fit with the screwed up X-movie timelines anyway.

The DP killing RR before he takes on Green Lantern, well that was funny, but he really should have shot the writers and director.

And this ties in nicely with Legion and The Gifted as well. In this (Deadpool's) timeline young David is just eating cereal and in The Gifted timeline the X-Men have gone. These timelines are different, but co-exist. Cable's future was also very reminiscent of DOFP btw.

Yes and it makes it so much easier to watch these things and not try to be so nitpicky about where to place them

Either way, thanks to DOFP and now DP2 I think we can now officially erase the events of Wolverine Origins and Barakapool from our minds for good lol.

But it wasn't. Cable's future seemed to be post-apocalyptic, but mutants were roaming free and had their powers. The Sentinels would definitely have had Cable, his family and adult Russell in the death camps (or dead) if the DOFP timeline were in effect.

The Essex "school" was confusing to me.
Why were the X-Men okay with helping the government incarcerate, torture and probably rape mutant children? Colossus was ready to take Russell down and give him right back to the headmaster of that place without asking any questions. He and his team were basically taking the place of the Sentinels, turning on their own kind and participating in their oppression. At the end of that fight, Colossus and Negasonic were quite okay with sending a 14-year-old boy to The Icebox, knowing that he would face even worse torture there than at the so-called school.

It didn't make any sense and made the X-Men look like villains, or, at the very least, complicit in human genocide against their fellow mutants.

That place was officially an orphanage. From the outside, it didn't look like a place that tortures mutants.

And at that point, it was Russell who looked like being a potential danger.

And the Icebox ain't a concentration camp, it's a prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"