World I Miss X-men Evolution!!!!!

...that was so random.

You're mistaking "brotherly" chemistry for "slashy" chemistry.

Slashy? Look at the ep where Scott and Alex were in the hurricane, and ended up wet under the blanket sippin' hot coco and the latter looks girlier than ever. That was so "slashy" it deflated my tires!

I just saw X-Men Evolution for the first time a couple months ago... very good show; well written... well adapted... and very respectful to the original material... I have every episode on my computer and have watched the full season in order twice.

respectful to the original material?:huh:

Do you disagree? I didn't say it was a replica of the comics but they took the elements from the comics and created new stories aimed at a younger audience (this show was obviously aimed at kids) Cyclops and Jean being secretly "in love"... Beast a originally a human... Iceman a jokester... Blob having a crush on Jean... Kitty afraid of Nightcrawler... Mystique adopting Rogue... Quicksilver constantly switching alliances... etc... etc... my favorite scene is from the episode where they showed the five original X-Men running together into the museum to stop Magneto

ok, but for every one those moments, there were ones that weren't faithful at all to the source material. Taking certain elements from it doesn't really make it respectful.

^^^ I'm not sure I understand what you mean... is there a particular moment that you felt was contradictory to the comics??? Keep in mind that it was a reinterpretation of the source material, changed for modernization, intended audience and to add a sense of reality (as opposed to making it about "superheroes" as was the original comic). I don't see how the show was disrespectful to the source material if that's what you are inferring.

^^^ I'm not sure I understand what you mean... is there a particular moment that you felt was contradictory to the comics??? Keep in mind that it was a reinterpretation of the source material, changed for modernization, intended audience and to add a sense of reality (as opposed to making it about "superheroes" as was the original comic). I don't see how the show was disrespectful to the source material if that's what you are inferring.

I'm not saying it was disrespectful, but I don't think you can recognize it as being respectful to the source when it's a reimagining of it. I don't think it's either.

...just for the record... I'm not a big fan of the made-up characters that were created for the series... the little girl with the big hands... X-23... Spyke (although he started to grow on me by the 3rd season)... etc..

...I don't think you can recognize it as being respectful to the source when it's a reimagining of it.

I'm not sure I'm following your train of thought... I guess I'll just have to say 'I disagree'

When I think of things respectful to the source material, I think of movies/tv shows/etc. that follow the same characterization, motivation, names, storylines, etc. from the material even though it may not be 100% accurate. A reimagining is something new, and with Evolution, while the basic theme is there, it's an entirely different interpretation. Therefore, since it's trying to offer something new, I don't see how it can be respectful to the source material. And it's not necessarily a bad thing. That's all I mean.:o

There was really nothing wrong with the changes in X-men Evolution. And the show got much better over time.

They had already done an animated series that was much closer to the comics. But you can't have everything with so many freaking comics and directions and reversals.

For 52 episodes, Evolution was a good show that established it's own continuity and stories quite well.

Exactly. I just wish it had continued... preferably with the Phoenix saga. :(

I love the "previews" that came in the finale. We saw some very interesting things, things that I think most ofus would have loved to see.

Dark Phoenix.

Marvel-powered Rogue.

Magneto turned good.

The Brotherhood joining S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'd have loved to see any of that.

Hell, I even bought the comics! I wish the comic series had continued. We might have actually SEEN some of these things.

all those future hints needed to be properly played out....

i would have given my right arm to see all that stuff...

^In the series' final moments. The Brotherhood (Pyro, Toad, Blob, Quicksilver, Avalanche & Wanda) stand in a federal office, with the emblem of "Freedom Force" behind them.

Yep.

Apparently, I've heard but have not confirmed, that "Freedom Force" is somehow connected to S.H.I.E.L.D.

^In the series' final moments. The Brotherhood (Pyro, Toad, Blob, Quicksilver, Avalanche & Wanda) stand in a federal office, with the emblem of "Freedom Force" behind them.

It was the SHIELD logo actually, but we can assume they had become Freedom Force at that point.

I don't think SHIELD has any ties to Freedom Force in the comics.

^Oh yeah, so it was the SHIELD logo. Damn my memory - must watch the later series again. :(

I knew SHIELD was involved somehow.

TKing deliberately confused me.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back