I See Fat People ... They Make Me Cry Inside.

I think that for some people, food is a source of comfort. I eat because I just LOVE food. Like 'bleed, if not for my 'decent metabolism' and if not for the fact that I get full pretty quickly (a lot of times, there are plenty enough leftover on my plate to 'doggie bag' my meal when I eat out and I can't even go for desert. :down: ), I don't know if I'll be as small as I am.

Ohh I can definitely pack it away. I fear that one day I'll wake up and I'll weigh 20 stone or something.

But I don't eat crappy food. My favourite food is pasta :up: Everyone should eat pasta. It's like little pieces of heaven. Try swapping your fries or whatever potato things you eat for pasta when you have a meal.

For instance instead of Steak and Chips have it with pasta instead. It's gorgeous :D And little changes like that make a big difference with your health.

That's how it is for me, but that's usually because I work from the late afternoon until midnight.

Same here. I work night shifts, so I'm not home until 10pm or after, and by that time, I don't want to cook.

I also eat tons of fast food because of work.

Working at a retail center, or mall, is hell because you only get 30 minute breaks and there's McDonald's, Taco Bell's, KFC's, and Jack in the Box's all within walking distance.

The good news is that I recently quit my retail job. Now I'm just working my one job at a restaurant, which sounds worse, but it's really not.

No breaks in restaurant work = no eating at work. Therefore, I'm not eating the foot at my restaurant, or going out for fast food, which save both my wallet and my arteries.

I don't go out for fast food nearly as often when I'm just hanging around the house. So, working in a place where I won't have time to spend eating will hopefully help out a bit.

I don't often buy sodas to have around the house (I do on occasion, but not constantly), so when I am at home I am always just drinking water, when I also go get sodas and stuff when I'm working at the mall. Cutting that back will be nice.

And when I am at home, I usually am even too lazy to go out for fast food, let alone cook, so I usually just make really easy, simple stuff that's not nearly as fattening as fast food. Quick salad with some grilled chicken strips, quick rice and beans, sometimes sandwiches (I don't overload on mayo and cheese at all on my sandwiches).

I'm hoping that my schedule and lifestyle that's changing here next week will put me in a position to better myself.

At least more easily so, as I am always in a position to better myself if I just take action to do it. But it will take me away from a lot of the temptations of frozen dinners and fast food.

Ohh I can definitely pack it away. I fear that one day I'll wake up and I'll weigh 20 stone or something.

But I don't eat crappy food. My favourite food is pasta :up: Everyone should eat pasta. It's like little pieces of heaven. Try swapping your fries or whatever potato things you eat for pasta when you have a meal.

For instance instead of Steak and Chips have it with pasta instead. It's gorgeous :D And little changes like that make a big difference with your health.

How is pasta any different than eating chips? They're both sources of carbs, which are stored as sugar and become fat if not burned.

It's only healthier when it comes to cholesterol but that has nothing to do with your BMI or fatness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"