I still have a curfew........

Okay, so what we're looking at is an underage kid who drinks and has a 1am curfew, but consistently arrives home at 2am instead. Then one night his designated driver gets drunk and he has to walk home for 3 hours in the dead of the night, resulting in him missing his curfew by a whole two hours.

You deserve to get grounded.

Quite possibly he wasn't supposed to be at a party where there was drinking.....

Possibly, but he said that his parents were aware that he goes to parties and drinks. But if that is the case he still should've done the responsible thing and called rather than walking home.

Yeah, maybe stop getting drunk and getting home in the middle of the night.

Or move out and pay rent.

Hello all.

Long story short, I am 17. My birthday is less then two months, so for those two months I am technically "under-age" nor not an "legal adult".

I have great grades, got accepted into the hardest course at my college (30 got selected out of 1000) and in my entire life have barely fought/got in trouble with my parents.

My parents know that now this is my final summer before college (I also work full time during the week) and they know I go to parties here and there, and have a beer or two (I honestly do aha), and overall there's trust.

But recently, I have found a problem in my life that needs to be solved. My buddies and I always hang out with people all across the city, and I don't drive and neither do my friends except for one and he is always taking us to parties/hangouts/whatever. I just cannot for the life of me make it home on time at 1 AM which is my curfew.

I know it's their roof, and they set the rules, and I honestly respect that, it's just it's soo hard to get my buddies back before 1, and i always show up at 2 (3 once).

Last night i went to a party, and my driver got drunk, there for i coulden't get a drive home because i had no money for a taxi. so I simply had to walk and it was a 3 hour walk so i arrived home at 3.

I told my parents this and now they grounded me......

It's like I'm not going to ditch my friends of 14 years, but I also cant talk my parents into dropping my curfew.

What do I do hype? :huh::csad:

Your Avy is perfect right about now.

Possibly, but he said that his parents were aware that he goes to parties and drinks. But if that is the case he still should've done the responsible thing and called rather than walking home.

Well, if that's the case, then he should have called and said....hey, myself, and the guy who brought me are in no condition to drive....come get me please.....so...yeah, that's what should have happened.

My parents (who I don't live with anymore) were pretty lax about curfews....they "preferred" that I be home by midnight, but after a couple times where I spent the night at a friend's house (after calling them and ltting them know), they never really enforced any certain time, just asked me to be quiet and not wake them up when I got home.

As others have said, a lot of it is trust though. I was never at all any kind of "wild child" who was going to go out doing drugs or anything like that, and I've never driven under the influence in my life, etc., so my parents weren't really concerned, because they figured I wasn't doing anything dangerous.

As Matt said though, my parents would NOT have approved of me walking home at 3 in the morning.

Unless you are going to a concert or a midnight movie (just get permission ahead of time to go) 1 a.m. is a pretty sweet deal... You're not old enough for the bar scene or night clubs, you're gonna end up somewhere where you shouldn't and late night is when bad sh** seems to happen the most.

****, I'm 25 and live with my parents, well my mom now and she gets pissed when I get home late. It's just one of those things where it's their house, their rules. I mean, she can't ground me but she'll give me a good yell about it. "What do you think this is a hotel?" is one of her favorite lines.

Dude you're 17 you're supposed to have a curfew. The fact that you didn't have a backup plan to get home on time just in case your driver did decide to drink proves that you aren't responsible enough to be out all hours of the night. No offense. Sounds like you got a good set of parents that they care enough but until you move out or turn 21, it's their house, you live there for free, so it's their rules. You could always just do whatever the hell you want though but day to day life might be rough from then on. Trust me, I tried that when I was your age. Didn't work out too well.

If that happened to me at 17 I would totally have called my parents and they would have respected me for it and appreciated that level of trust. Or, you could have called a cab and ran into the house and asked them for the money and explained what happened. Just walking home in the middle of the night was not smart. The thought of their kid walking around at that hour probably scared your parents making your "punishment more severe".

Hello all.

Long story short, I am 17. My birthday is less then two months, so for those two months I am technically "under-age" nor not an "legal adult".

I have great grades, got accepted into the hardest course at my college (30 got selected out of 1000) and in my entire life have barely fought/got in trouble with my parents.

My parents know that now this is my final summer before college (I also work full time during the week) and they know I go to parties here and there, and have a beer or two (I honestly do aha), and overall there's trust.

But recently, I have found a problem in my life that needs to be solved. My buddies and I always hang out with people all across the city, and I don't drive and neither do my friends except for one and he is always taking us to parties/hangouts/whatever. I just cannot for the life of me make it home on time at 1 AM which is my curfew.

I know it's their roof, and they set the rules, and I honestly respect that, it's just it's soo hard to get my buddies back before 1, and i always show up at 2 (3 once).

Last night i went to a party, and my driver got drunk, there for i coulden't get a drive home because i had no money for a taxi. so I simply had to walk and it was a 3 hour walk so i arrived home at 3.

I told my parents this and now they grounded me......

It's like I'm not going to ditch my friends of 14 years, but I also cant talk my parents into dropping my curfew.

What do I do hype? :huh::csad:

First stop being an entitled whiner and take your punishment like a man. Holy hell I wish I had your DeGrassi high problems. You don't know what a real dilemma is yet.

I'm guess that due to CashforStash's lack of replies, our posts have not been the type of response her was looking for.

First stop being an entitled whiner and take your punishment like a man. Holy hell I wish I had your DeGrassi high problems. You don't know what a real dilemma is yet.

Be fair, now. The problems the kids had on DeGrassi were way worse than getting grounded for missing curfew.

I agree with what everyone is saying, you can also get your driver's lisence and drive yourself, that way you're the one in control of getting home on time. Truthfully, I think 17 year olds have a curfew by law and can get ticketed by the police if they're out too late.

After reading this thread now, I can see where you guys are coming from and same with my parents. I guess it's just due to the fact i've never really been grounded before so it was kinda like a "wtf" kind of moment. Looking back what i did was dumb, and now my parents and I made an agreement that....

...instead of a 1 AM curfew (all my friends don't have curfews, but thats not the point) that they want me to text them where I am going and what time i will be back by and if i don't make it by the time i get home by it's a two week grounding.

Which is a totally sweet deal.

After reading this thread now, I can see where you guys are coming from and same with my parents. I guess it's just due to the fact i've never really been grounded before so it was kinda like a "wtf" kind of moment. Looking back what i did was dumb, and now my parents and I made an agreement that....

...instead of a 1 AM curfew (all my friends don't have curfews, but thats not the point) that they want me to text them where I am going and what time i will be back by and if i don't make it by the time i get home by it's a two week grounding.

Which is a totally sweet deal.

Sounds like you got it made then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"