The Amazing Spider-Man "I Want To Evolve Peter Parker"

I think that by putting on an evil alien symbiote costume and making Peter dance as a result of it is :facepalm:

I don't see how not even 3 minutes of the 2+ hour movie made people that mad. It's not like he was snapping his fingers the entire time he wore the Symbiote. :rolleyes:

People just blow it out of proportion.

I feel sorry for Tobey as well. Remember that footage wheres hes casually walking across the street and the person filming it shouts

"Hey,Tobey. You suck man!"

And he stops and looks and is nearly hit by a car. That was shocking.

Video, or it didn't happen.

I don't see how not even 3 minutes of the 2+ hour movie made people that mad. It's not like he was snapping his fingers the entire time he wore the Symbiote. :rolleyes:

The thing is, the symbiote made him look like a pimp or something, that's wrong!

It did a bit, but it also made him an ass.

It's either that or they can go with the original comic books where the Symbiote had no effects on him at all except for just trying to bond with him.

Complete embarrassing dick or no effect at all. Clearly the only two possible paths they could've taken. They couldn't have possibly shown a darker side of Parker without making him an evil super dork.

I still laugh, whenever I think of the moment he saw his reflection and then quickly decided it's time for a new hairstyle.

Originally Posted by Rodrigo90
I feel sorry for Tobey as well. Remember that footage wheres hes casually walking across the street and the person filming it shouts

"Hey,Tobey. You suck man!"

And he stops and looks and is nearly hit by a car. That was shocking.
Seriously?

That's like saying him pulling out his wanker and swinging it around for 3 minutes wouldn't kill the movie because it was only 3 minutes long. If something is bad enough, you only need it for a short time to kill a movie. Was him snapping his fingers enough? Maybe not. But add in the bad hair cut and terrible jazz club scene and you're getting pretty close.

That's like saying him pulling out his wanker and swinging it around for 3 minutes wouldn't kill the movie because it was only 3 minutes long. If something is bad enough, you only need it for a short time to kill a movie. Was him snapping his fingers enough? Maybe not. But add in the bad hair cut and terrible jazz club scene and you're getting pretty close.

Okay, pulling out your wee wee and swinging it around isn't funny at all unless Bruno's doing it. :up:

Peter Parker dancing and being a jerk is funny/disturbing but in a good way.

I thought the finger pointing and dancing in the club was entertaining but seriously SM3 could have been soooo much more if sam had taken the subject matter seriously.

The thing is, with a film so full, there must be better ways to present your ideas than dancing and pointing and hair flicking. There has to be. There must be better ways to utilise the running time.

It's like making a romantic comedy where you devote time to a guy vomiting down the toilet and eating bananas in the nude. It adds hardly anything to the point you're trying to make other than, 'Hey, when this guy's in love he pukes and eats fruit when his girl isn't there.'

There's better ways to do it. Three minutes or not.

Obviously.

The thing is, with a film so full, there must be better ways to present your ideas than dancing and pointing and hair flicking. There has to be. There must be better ways to utilise the running time.

Well, there was also fighting with normal people, the bouncers, and lashing out and hitting MJ.
Trying to kill a supervillan.
Throwing a bomb into your best friend's face, putting his life in danger.

It wasn't all strutting, and if you guys expected a Spider-man film to be ultra dark all the way through then you must have been watching a different franchise than me.

and if you guys expected a blockbuster movie to be exactly as you pictured in your head from what you saw in a trailer, this must have been your first experience of the phenomenon known as the movie trailer.

It's like making a romantic comedy where you devote time to a guy vomiting down the toilet and eating bananas in the nude. It adds hardly anything to the point you're trying to make other than, 'Hey, when this guy's in love he pukes and eats fruit when his girl isn't there.'

There's better ways to do it. Three minutes or not.

Obviously.

Nope, we already saw the awkward embaressing Peter Parker in SM1 and 2, if they did not explore what this side of his character would be like with the black suit they would have been missing out on something.
They did it perfectly, and it was a billion times more entertaining than the 'Singing in the Rain' sequence from SM2, which the Saturday Night Parker scene was intended to be a contrast to.

It was like a shy awkward person getting really drunk for the first time and overcompensating for their previous shyness.

edit: Mainly talking about the strut scene here, I thought the Jazz Club scene was far less effective, and was maybe a music sequence too far, but i don't mind it as much as other people do, it at least led into the scene with the bouncers which was interesting.

Last edited:
Enough of this ********.

Honestly, there is NOTHING wrong with what they've said so far. Was the third movie disappointing? Yes. Could it have been better? Yes. Did they make mistakes? Yes. They've owned up to it and are trying to get passed it. So I'm willing to give them another chance. And if it fails, it fails. I've seen worse things in the Spider-man comics than Spider-man 3.

my dad works in a warehouse for 12 to 13 hours a day busting his back to put food on the table and he is complaining, people just don't know what they got.
I know!...isnt he getting like 50 million? :o

Spoiled brat

Evolve? hehe...

CostumeSixArms.gif

:D

Last edited:
Jeez, the negativity in this thread. It blows my mind.

Y'all are whiners. Go eat some cookies, because this thread needs SOME sweetness. Also, cookies are just plain yummy. They'll help get the poles out of your keisters, I promise.

Anyway, reading this interview makes me happy. It seems like Maguire still cares about the character. He's not biting the hand that feeds him (unlike Dunst, who I overall like, but yeah ...).

There are more than one scene in which Peter, with the symbiote is snapping his fingers dancing like that. When he bought the new clothes, walking down the street, and at the jazz club. Not to mention the emo hair, talking like a... I don't know sleazeball from the 70's.
Whenever Peter was in the black suit but not Spidey it was painful to watch.

Yes we get it. I didn't much care for any of that. But whatever.

Honestly I agree with and LIKE everything that Maguire has to say. I want him to be motivated and serious about this role.

And I want to see Peter develop and evolve more as well. Like for instance, I wouldn't mind seeing Peter as a teacher or something. It doesn't have to be that way, but something like that. That was one of the few IMHO good ideas that Stracynski brought to Spider-man.

I could see him constantly being teased by his students, but he doesn't have the confidence to put them in their place or be clever enough to retort with any quips.

These are exactly the kind of statements these actors and directors are supposed to say. Using words like evolve and taking the character in a new direction and saying that this film will up the ante in reference to other films that have raised the bar. What else are they suppose to say? Honestly that s*** could mean anything or nothing at all. IMHO don't expect any major deviations from characters that have been established. Peter will experience a new problem, battle a new villain, and learn another important life lesson in the process. Roll the credits.

These are exactly the kind of statements these actors and directors are supposed to say. Using words like evolve and taking the character in a new direction and saying that this film will up the ante in reference to other films that have raised the bar. What else are they suppose to say? Honestly that s*** could mean anything or nothing at all. IMHO don't expect any major deviations from characters that have been established. Peter will experience a new problem, battle a new villain, and learn another important life lesson in the process. Roll the credits.
Sounds like most of the comics for the last 40 some odd years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"