The Dark Knight i will get FA-LAMED for this but i think Robin SHOULD be in film 3!

I love the concept of Robin, in the context of the mythos. Like most, I'd rather see solo Batman action, and see Bruce developed as a "solo" character in this franchise, and see more time given to characters like Gordon, Dent, The Joker, Alfred and Fox. But Robin could work as well as anything else. It's all in the execution of the concept. And it was a concept that has been proven to work, time and time again. It worked fairly well in BATMAN FOREVER, as far as I'm concerned, despite not being perfect.

El Payaso said:
[/size]

Yes, sometimes I say 'Bye' but I mean 'good-bye', 'take care', 'see you' or 'so long' but I just say Bye. People like you don't get it.

Whatever. If you're saying I couldn't extrapolate, fine. You're so negative about everything I just assumed you hated everything. My mistake. Even Hitler loved dogs, as they say.

I wonder if you can make up a worse excuse to do things in movies. It seems impossible.

Now you're just being an idiot. You said that Bruce began his training as an adult. We'd been talking about the comics so I assumed that was what you meant. If you mean in Begins, then yes, Bruce began his training as an adult.

Let's say you described a situation.

Oh whatever. Even if you liked it you wouldn't admit to it, you just need to contradict me or you'll lose face.

Bravo. So now you admit Batman has the power to stop Dick ruining his life in order to have revenge. Even if he fail at it, he's moraly forced to try to stop him.

No, I don't. Batman has no power to stop Dick. What I said was that the situation you spoke of, with the child demanding the toy, IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE DICK/BRUCE SITUATION. If you think it is, you're not thinking very hard.

True. The thing is he's not forced to help him.

No, he's not forced to help him, but morally he has the responsibility to. Because if he doesn't help Dick, Dick's going to get himself killed.

If Dick's gonna do it anyway, let him free.

And let him die? You no longer have the right to talk to me about morals.

Stop talking to yourself for a second, ok?

Dick (pre-Robin) risking his life is something kids do. Normally adults try to prevent that, not encourage them to do that.

Normally that's true. But Dick's parents did encourage him to be part of their act, wherein he risked his life every day. So, what's your point? My point is that Dick is not a normal kid.

Son, no one's paying me to be your baby sitter. Sme things you have to do it by your own, I'm sorry.

I strongly suspect that I am older than you.

1.- Because we're talking of a 8 y.o. kid.

No, you were talking about a 14 y.o. girl in the prostitute example. You seem to be getting confused about your own bull****. I don't blame you. You've been piling it pretty thick.

2.- Because you can't read properly.

I'm not the one who's losing track of his own arguments here, chuckles.

Not like there's too much to be aware of.

That'd be pretty cutting if it came from someone smarter than I am. Laughably, it did not.

What the experience of a 8 y.o. boy can do for him about revenge and crime fighting?

Nothing. But Dick has been raised as a circus acrobat. He's used to being treated like an adult and working for everything he has and solving his own problems. He's not going to be able to avenge his parents, but that isn't going to stop him from trying. And he'd probably die in the attempt. That's my point.

If there's something to teach a 8 y.o. kid is to wait and don't let revenge to rule his life. Not how to use bat-weapons or how to face an armed guy.

I agree, but I also believe that Dick is not going to learn that lesson. I think a kid like Dick would just get frustrated with Bruce, run away, and get himself killed.

Risking life in a circus and in the streets are different things from almost every POV.

Really? I'm pretty sure death is death, regardless of the scenery.

Yes, it is. Every trauma is possible to be healed. If Bruce copuldn't fix up his own issues that's his problem.

Oh, spare me your touchy-feely horse****. Trauma is permanent. The best you can do is learn to deal with it. You'll always carry the scars. For what it's worth, I think Bruce fixed up his own issues pretty well. I think that's why Bruce is the only person who can help Dick. Shrinks sure as hell can't. Shrinks are all quacks.

None of your bussiness.

I must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh kid?

You sound like Bush. Stop projecting.

LOL. I've never known Bush to express himself nearly as well as I do, but whatever.

None of your bussiness, jumpy monkey. Relax that vein.

Oh I'm relaxed. I'm just enjoying watching you come apart at the seams.

The Guard said:
I love the concept of Robin, in the context of the mythos. Like most, I'd rather see solo Batman action, and see Bruce developed as a "solo" character in this franchise, and see more time given to characters like Gordon, Dent, The Joker, Alfred and Fox. But Robin could work as well as anything else. It's all in the execution of the concept. And it was a concept that has been proven to work, time and time again. It worked fairly well in BATMAN FOREVER, as far as I'm concerned, despite not being perfect.

Well said. I'd have to say I agree with all of that.

Yeesh.

By the way...while I wait for your response to that one question El Payaso (when you are ready to) what did you think about what I had to say about the other Robins at least? Gotta take baby steps I guess. :p

trustyside-kick said:
This is a stale-mate...

Like hell! He's falling apart.

Yeesh.

By the way...while I wait for your response to that one question El Payaso (when you are ready to) what did you think about what I had to say about the other Robins at least? Gotta take baby steps I guess. :p

Careful you don't move too fast for him.

Keyser Sushi said:
Shrinks are all quacks.

The world needs more Batmen and less professionals. In Zoo-sh^t dimension.

I rest my case.

Now stop the kid-huff.

Keyser Sushi said:
Like hell! He's falling apart.

No...the stalemate is getting worse. And the fact that you guys have begun to trade insults only makes it worse. :O

itd be better if they didnt do those huge multi-posts

Well...they are basically doing that so the person can tell exactly what part they are referring to...it is a bit annoying though when you try to read it. :p

Oh and El Payaso I am not trying to annoy your or anything about keep asking about my question...I really do want to know your opinion..because it seems to me that you do not hate Robin entirely unless done a certain way...so that is why I asked about the other 2 since they became Robin differently. Don't take it the wrong way with the several posts I have posted saying "answer? please?"; lol.

Even though we have different views about Dick Grayson becoming Robin does not mean would be the same way with the others.

And I know I left out Stephanie being Robin...but that was not for that long and I think of her as Spoiler more than when she was the female Robin...

El Payaso said:
The world needs more Batmen and less professionals. In Zoo-sh^t dimension.

All I mean is that people have to work through their own crap, and sometimes a shrink can help you, but medicine does not fix trauma. It's really about facing and accepting what happened. You're better off talking to a counselor than a psychiatrist.

I rest my case.

Good. You lose.

trustyside-kick said:
Oh and El Payaso I am not trying to annoy your or anything about keep asking about my question...I really do want to know your opinion..because it seems to me that you do not hate Robin entirely unless done a certain way...so that is why I asked about the other 2 since they became Robin differently. Don't take it the wrong way with the several posts I have posted saying "answer? please?"; lol.

I'm not taking it the wrong way or you'd know it.

If only you'd get that my answer about B Forever Robin answers all of your questions about the way I see Robin working - whatever the version is (Jason, etc etc). One interesting case is Carrie Kelley. Given the extreme context, I'd say that was the least worrying of the cases. Mutants were all over the city killing people, raping women. In that case it was believable Batman would take anyone who was able to assist him (in fact at the end he takes charge of a little teenagers army). But in that story, Batman was pretty dissapointed of his original dreams about fight crime.

That acse aside, I don't think the raeson would change anything about Robin being a little kid and the fact that a little kid needs guidance about how to envision life, not how to knock out a villiain.

Oh I know that (about you mentioning Forever to basically answer me...I re-read your first post about it).

I was just wondering what you disliked about the other Robins. It seemed to me that your problem with Dick was that he was younger than the other Robins when he started to train. You kept on saying that Bruce took advantage of Dick at that time in his life. With the other Robins that is not the case. So I was curious about your opinions with those ones that way.

If they make a movie about Robin. A 8 y.o. kid who grew up thinking about vengeance and finally became Robin, it's ok. But Batman adopting him (I can't know how a millionaire with womanizer partyman fame could achieve that) training him for years to be a little Batman, denying him the chance of a normal life (even if Dick himself wants to deny himself a normal life - if a guy wants to chop his arm off for a divine reason I don't have the right to chop his arm off even if he's doing it anyway) and finally a Batman with a colorful costumed partner doesn't work for me. Batman's first and only mission is to become a symbol and end crime, not become a father figure. Not to mention he has allies enough - Alfred, Gordon, Rachel, Fox and in the future Dent - so Robin is unnecessary considering it ruin what the Batman is, a lonely vigilante lost in his own mission.

Okay but...I have heard what you think about Dick Grayson...why it was wrong for Bats to do so and so according to you. I am talking about the other Robins since their situations were different. All of the stuff you keep saying has to do with Grayson...the other Robins had different motives and not the same or similar past.

I get it, you do not like Robin...I am not trying to argue with ya...but you still are not answering the questions...more like getting around them...stop using Dick for your examples lol.

You are saying how you would accept Robin to be done...not your views on the other Robins...and yes even with the Batman Forever thing you mentioned you said how you would accept him being done...but still does not have to do with the other Robins. Different origins.

I can see you feel Batman does not need a side-kick but that is not what I am asking. I am looking for an answer that does not have to do with Batman being a symbol to stop crime and crap and not be a father figure...I am just asking what you thought about the other Robins; period. As in they are there...what did/do you think of them...not them being there...them as characters...you dislike some of their attitudes? what?

I said what I disliked and liked about the other two's origins...if you gave your opinion on their origins instead then fine...just something I can work with here lol.

Keyser Sushi said:

LOL. I've never known Bush to express himself nearly as well as I do, but whatever.
Ah, but here is the question was must ask ourselves: "Is our boardmembers learning?" :p

AnimeJune said:
Ah, but here is the question was must ask ourselves: "Is our boardmembers learning?" :p

LOL!!! You know I kinda feel sorry for the guy. I mean he's a Yale graduate, I *know* he's smart... but he's horrible at public speaking. I mean truly terrible. Not that I'd be any better, I'm nervous just talking to four or five people. But I'm also not the president. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"