Iesb Exclusive Video Interview: Malin Ackerman on Watchmen and The Silk Spectre!

HOLY BALLS HAVE YOU HEARD HER SPEAK? They come smarter, no? Not that Silk Spectre has to be an intellectual juggernaut...

If this interview does anything for fans, it helps to lower our expectations a bit... I, for one, will be happy if she remembers her lines.

That Snyder thinks she's totally awesome is, like, f ucking seriously cool with me, dude. :whatever:

Wonder what he saw in her? Hmmm... :cwink:

That Snyder thinks she's totally awesome is, like, f ucking seriously cool with me, dude. :whatever:

Wonder what he saw in her? Hmmm... :cwink:

So I have no problem with taking Snyder to task over substantive issues associated with this film. This is coveted geek territory. The whole "Save Veidt" thing is totally legitimate.

Am I the only guy who finds it a bit harsh to rag on him for his So-Cal dialect? I hardly think this affects his films (Unless I was doing rails of coke in the Cineplex Odeon's john when Gerry Butler declared "THIS... IS... SPARTA, DUDE!"), and he's done nothing to indicate to geekdom so far that he doesn't understand the material... He's no slouch; he's no Bay or Ratner... I think he says "awesome" a lot because he doesn't have a pretentious bone in his body -- he's no poseur-auteur. Give the dude a break! He's on our side!

Well, I was going to comment on how cool I thought it was that Malin read the graphic novel after being given the role, and how I thought that, if the cast and crew are already fans of the original story at this point in production, maybe the movie could inspire large audiences to pick up a copy. Then I saw everyone dissing Malin, calling her stupid (yet still smokin', apparently), and my previous excitement was replaced with annoyance. Reading her comments, she didn't come off as unintelligent. She came off as any other actress out there, and, in my opinion, you guys are being a little harsh. Then again, this is the first comic book forum I've been on. I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised to find such behavior on a male-oriented board. As for her use of Watchmen, I've heard a lot of people refer to the characters in general as Watchmen. It's easier to say that than specify if you're talking about either the Crimebusters or the Minutemen.

welcome to the hype NoTouching. well i've seen a lot of her interviews and it feels like she's just repeating things she's heard. it's not a sexist thing. i mean, if i heard whoever the dudes are talking about watchmen and sounding like guys who think they understand, but i don't think they do, i'll give em sh-t too. but my opinion of whether or not someone is dumb doesn't mean anything.

also, everybody read the graphic novel. everyone involved was given as copy as far as i know.

but as far as the crimebusters/watchmen thing is concerned, we are mainly basing that on past scripts, and not just her interview. past scripts have made that change and we all just fear this current script still refers to the groups as watchmen and new watchmen.

Well, I was going to comment on how cool I thought it was that Malin read the graphic novel after being given the role, and how I thought that, if the cast and crew are already fans of the original story at this point in production, maybe the movie could inspire large audiences to pick up a copy. Then I saw everyone dissing Malin, calling her stupid (yet still smokin', apparently), and my previous excitement was replaced with annoyance. Reading her comments, she didn't come off as unintelligent. She came off as any other actress out there, and, in my opinion, you guys are being a little harsh. Then again, this is the first comic book forum I've been on. I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised to find such behavior on a male-oriented board. As for her use of Watchmen, I've heard a lot of people refer to the characters in general as Watchmen. It's easier to say that than specify if you're talking about either the Crimebusters or the Minutemen.

First of all, it is common knowledge that this is a tranny-oriented board -- not "male" as you so glibly noted.

Secondly, anonymous geek-on-geek cyber-scribbling ends up being an inherently "harsh" enterprise. I wish it could be some other way.

Thirdly, no amount of feeble protestations can alter the fact that Ackerman's comments were of beauty-pagent caliber, at best. ("I'm the psychology of the film"? The sentence doesn't make sense -- when does it ever make sense utter "the psychology"? -- and does it imply that there is nothing interesting about a god who grows increasingly indifferent to humanity? Or an Ayn Rand-inspired vigilante whose psyche implodes under the weight of the teleological suspension of the ethical?)

Fourthly, you're right. And when the film comes out geeks across the board will have nothing but boneriffic praise her performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"