If MOS is a success...

Kar

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know DC is currently all over the place right now but its apparent they want to do a JL movie. Do you all think that if the new Superman movie is a big success they might try and connect the Batman series with this movie (I ask that because of Nolan's connection) and try to open the door to a JL movie with continuity? Originally I believe it was said they just want to jump into a JL movie without building a cinematic universe like Marvel did but do you think if MOS is big and with Nolan's name attached they'll say **** it and put them together? Maybe if not for a JL movie but at least a World's Finest movie?

They won't do the Nolan-Bale Batman in a shared continuity with MOS and JL. However, Zack Snyder basically said that if they can get their house in order with MOS a shared continuity could be in the wings.

If the next Green Lantern is good, they can actually make a Wonder Woman movie and they reboot Batman, I can see it happening easily.

But I think Wonder Woman will end up holding it back more than Green Lantern.

I would be happy with just a Batman- Superman movie if JLA gets shelved again.

I think WB is too chickn sht to take that risky step into making a JLA film.

If MOS is a success, start building a shared universe. Introduce Flash and Wonderwoman in their own films, and do a New Gods film to introduce Darkseid, and have them all come together in a Justice League film that would include a New Batman and a New Green Lantern.

Last edited:
Yeah if MoS is a success I really dont see them saying "F*** Cavill" and making a JL movie in a seperate universe and I think it will be a jump off point for a shared universe. Just like if GL had been a success it wouldve been a jump off point

They're doing a new GL?

I imagine there will be a GL in the Justice League film. When I said a new GL, I mean cast a new actor.

Everyone's saying keep Ryan Reynolds on, but imagine what Batman Begins would've been like with George Clooney and Bat Nipples.

There is zero chance that the Nolan Bat films will be tied into any future DCCU, period. Yes, there are ways that it could technically be done, but there's no chance DC would actually do them, not when they will totally want to do more Batman movies eventually ( and by "eventually" I mean "within five years" ).

Any truths to any of this? http://po.st/iANRNF

Sounds like wishful thinking. I don't think Flash and WW will get films before a JLA movie after GL. Unless they are small budget low risk films that don't necessarily have to make 300 million domestic.

MOS needs a sequel. Batman needs a movie. And we need a WF movie before hand. I think 2015, do Batman 4 (Quasi-sequel/prequel that ignores plot points in TDKR like the retirement). MOS 2 or WF in 2016. JLA in 2017. Or do Flash/WW before hand and hold off on JLA for another 8 years or so. Avengers will be over by then, or at least the Avengers trilogy.

Last edited:
There is zero chance that the Nolan Bat films will be tied into any future DCCU, period. Yes, there are ways that it could technically be done, but there's no chance DC would actually do them, not when they will totally want to do more Batman movies eventually ( and by "eventually" I mean "within five years" ).

I would actually introduce Batman for the shared universe continuity in a Justice League film, and then do a movie about him afterwards, that way a Batman solo film will have some distance from Nolan's monolithic trilogy.

I would actually introduce Batman for the shared universe continuity in a Justice League film, and then do a movie about him afterwards, that way a Batman solo film will have some distance from Nolan's monolithic trilogy.

Doesn't work. Batman fighting Darkseid (or his human minions even) and then returning to Gotham to fight ordinary thugs? Seems a bit pretentious to me.

We basically need to establish a fresh Wayne/Batman before moving forward. Even if you wait until a WF movie to introduce a new Batman, it still falls flat because the new guy stepping in may not necessarily have the gravitas to play Wayne right off the bat.

At the same time, I realize the importance of respecting the trilogy and spacing yourself as much as possible to avoid over saturation of Batman on the big screen, so we need a long break between now and then.

If they don't want another solo movie to follow up, I would introduce Wayne Enterprises in the Superman sequel. They will need big time actors for Luthor and Wayne, and I don't know if that is possible considering who they had in those roles in the past. If they go with unknowns, you have to build them up before an ensemble movie.

Last edited:
people are really overrating nolan's realism superman and WW can easily fit in his world

thor and hulk should'nt fit in iron man's universe but they worked fine

you just need to make a compromise with her costume and ground it like they did with mos costume

Batman as an already established character. His background only to be seen in flashbacks in the reboot. Good idea.

at least we know that Snyder is open to having his MOS Superman be part of the JLA/DC Universe

with that being the case, hopefully it means that MOS will be the 1st film in a shared DC Universe.

as someone had earlier pointed out, if MOS is successful then there will be a sequel around 2015-2017. the sequel could help serve as an intro to the new Bruce Wayne/Batman in addition to Lex Luthor. and a year after that, release the new Batman reboot.

If MOS is a sucess. Then just do a Worlds Finest movie. With Henry & the new Batman & then Justice League. Or even a Trinity movie would be good as well to also introduce WW & the new Batman with Henry

I like the idea of doing Trinity... though the title might be kind of corny for the GA. You'll have Christians losing their ish because of it...

But seriously, Matt Wagner's Trinity is a great idea to use. Because you've got Superman and you introduce Wonder Woman... and it serves as a great introduction for her because it's Superman's first time meeting her, Batman's first time meeting her, and we got to Paradise Island. You introduce a new conception of Batman without having to reintroduce the character. Like Superman is familiar with this guy, and WW is new to the scene so she's appalled by him. And you have use of Ra's al-Ghul again and just re-introduce him in a more comic accurate way.

Heck, that book starts with Superman. Which is perfect IMO.

If MOS is a sucess. Then just do a Worlds Finest movie. With Henry & the new Batman & then Justice League. Or even a Trinity movie would be good as well to also introduce WW & the new Batman with Henry

I couldn't agree more. And I don't think they'll have Christian Bale as Batman again unless he's going to be the actor portraying Batman in the reboot of Batman.

WB should at least talk to Bale's reps about a movie with Cavill. He won't be associated with any JLA movie as it doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. RDJ will probably get a 100 million for two more Avenger movies should he re-sign. I don't think Bale would sell out, but for the right price who wouldn't?

The movie wouldn't be in continuity with Nolan's series. Just its own separate thing. I think people get too wrapped up in continuity and timelines. What is important is that people have grown accustomed to certain actors in the roles and RDJ and Christian Bale are no exception. Same with Hugh Jackman. As long as those actors are still young and have the "it" factor, audiences want to seem them continue to play those characters for as long as possible.

Yeah I think they should keep Bale as an homage/nod to Nolan's series like Jackman's cameo as Wolverine in First Class. I'm positive First Class and the other films aren't connected.

WB should at least talk to Bale's reps about a movie with Cavill. He won't be associated with any JLA movie as it doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. RDJ will probably get a 100 million for two more Avenger movies should he re-sign. I don't think Bale would sell out, but for the right price who wouldn't?

The movie wouldn't be in continuity with Nolan's series. Just its own separate thing. I think people get too wrapped up in continuity and timelines. What is important is that people have grown accustomed to certain actors in the roles and RDJ and Christian Bale are no exception. Same with Hugh Jackman. As long as those actors are still young and have the "it" factor, audiences want to seem them continue to play those characters for as long as possible.

i don't see why he'd be a sell out. if its a piece of **** script, and he does the film still, then yeah, but i think if you find someone who he'd respect, he'd be game. with talk of a catwoman spinoff, i think bale returning is a possibility.

lets be real, i know they're probably itching to reboot bats already, but i think over saturating the market with bat films could be a bad thing for the genre. he should only appear in jl films for the foreseeable future. its time the other heroes get play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"