Actor Strike, divine intervention for Warner/DC?

D

Darabka

Not that I wasn't looking forward to a JL movie, but I think the world isnt ready for it yet. Yet the world would be ready for a GL movie. Also a good WW movie (make it set in ancient greece). They should first focus on individual movies then try some crossovers. If they scrap the JL project we might see a Routh/Bale, World finest movie and then with them a JL movie in the following years. But first they have to give the other DC heroes some time to develop. They should do it like marvel wants too, either with the original actors or not at all. And they should first make a good Superman movie. And whats this Supermax about? Sounds like a whole load of bull****!

Anyway those are my thoughts what do you guys think?

Not that I wasn't looking forward to a JL movie, but I think the world isnt ready for it yet. Yet the world would be ready for a GL movie. Also a good WW movie (make it set in ancient greece). They should first focus on individual movies then try some crossovers. If they scrap the JL project we might see a Routh/Bale, World finest movie and then with them a JL movie in the following years. But first they have to give the other DC heroes some time to develop. They should do it like marvel wants too, either with the original actors or not at all. And they should first make a good Superman movie. And whats this Supermax about? Sounds like a whole load of bull****!

I agree

This strike may end soon and Miller's JL may be back on track.

That's what worries me.

I agree with you about JL, but whats your problem with Supermax? Im routing for this project. Im sick of origin stories. This could be a very cool movie and make way for more interesting superhero stories.

It seems to have given balance to their decision making. First, it killed Superman Returns 2 for good, they don't have to make excuses for a sequel they didn't want to make in the first place. Second, it stopped a rushed JLA movie. If they go ahead with JLA, it will be with a better script and won't be rushed.

Unfortunately, any Superman reboot will be very far off. They gambled with Singer and lost. It might have made a few bucks, but they were expecting a franchise and got one and done. They might not want to take another gamble with a reboot for a while.

Yeah, wait till the third Batman Movie is done 2011. And let Bryan Singer make two more Superman Movies, that only half of the Superman fanbase can enjoy and that won't be finished till 2013 or so, too. And then just try to do a jet another Batman/Superman flick, where the two more than just overused DC-Heroes finally team up in like 2015. Parallel to that (as if they ever would) they could try a solo movie for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or The Flash, that will only be seen by some fanboys, so that the other heroes won't even get a chance. And then in 2018 they will be able to consider the possibility for a JL flick again, which will fall through, cause they won't be able to get all the solo-movie actors together. Yeah, that's a really great and realistic idea for all Justice League/DC-Universe Fans... :rolleyes:

Yeah, wait till the third Batman Movie is done 2011. And let Bryan Singer make two more Superman Movies, that only half of the Superman fanbase can enjoy and that won't be finished till 2013 or so, too. And then just try to do a jet another Batman/Superman flick, where the two more than just overused DC-Heroes finally team up in like 2015. Parallel to that (as if they ever would) they could try a solo movie for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or The Flash, that will only be seen by some fanboys, so that the other heroes won't even get a chance. And then in 2018 they will be able to consider the possibility for a JL flick again, which will fall through, cause they won't be able to get all the solo-movie actors together. Yeah, that's a really great and realistic idea for all Justice League/DC-Universe Fans... :rolleyes:

A lot of your opinions I'd be 50/50 on. Although I think a Worlds Finest movie would work great and JL is a gamble, why do u have such little faith with WW, GL, and Flash?

These characters just aren't big enough names to the general audiance to be the huge boxoffice hits that WB would expect them to be. At least not until after appering side by side with the moviewise well established Superman and Batman. And if they'd finally manage to get another heroes besides the Big Two going, but it wouldn't be THAT successful, i'd seriously doubt they'd try more of the "lesser known" DC-characters.

Besids, trying to build up a Justice League movie like that would be like constructing house of charts, that could collapse back upon itself at any time on the way. Also i'm more then just sure that they woulnd't come that far with the plan, let's just assume they'd be able to do one respectively two more for the Batman and Superman franchise, then follow up with a (in my mind absolutly unnecessary) team up flick with both characters and along the way kick off a Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman Solo-Movies, so the JLA is finally in reach. Do you really think they'd be able to get all those actors from the solo-movies, that would be big stars now, together for a team-up flick where they would've have to share the spotlight? If not, then what? Recast so that fansboys would be *****ing again? Or just screw the movie that they would've build over like ten years? But even if they'd be able to get them all togher, it would just cost them WAY TO MUCH money. Even with unknowns, a film like that would be expensive enough, so how much would the movie have to make at the box office in order to be profitable/successful? 800 millions? Not to mention that if the director of the League would have to use the actors and the interpretations of the characters that were casted/created to fit for solo movies, they wouldn't necessarily complement one another and make a balanced overall picture that'd be required for a good team-up flick.

So seriously, it might be a nice little fanboy pipe dream to get a Justice League movie like that, but if you think about it rationally, that just woud never work out in reality.

Just because you say it can't work doesn't mean it can't be done.

WW is definitely popular.

GL and Flash are as popular characters as Iron Man and the Iron Man movie is getting really good buzz. The fact is if you get talented people together with a passion for the material you'll most likely get a good product.

In what freaking world are you people living to honestly belive that such a plan to build up a movie could ever work? And don't forget, we're taking about freaking Warner Brothers here...

In what freaking world are you people living to honestly belive that such a plan to build up a movie could ever work? And don't forget, we're taking about freaking Warner Brothers here...

What movie are you talking about?

If its the JLA movie then I could care less about that project but its not impossible. Most action movies and big budget studio pictures come with agreements to do sequels. You can contract the actors to a crossover. There have been large cast movies before (see: every war movie plus the Oceans movies)

This isnt the first time a big science fiction/fantasy movie has been made. WHat world do you live in where a movie like this would cost $800 mill. LOTR:ROTK only cost 94 mill in production budget (not counting marketing and DVD costs) [edit-I missread your original post about the 800 mill]

Yes, that's what i'm talking about, a Justice League movie and people who not only want to see such a movie but also think that the studio, that had even more superhero movies planned, that never went actually into production, then there even are superhero movies, will make it happen like this. Sorry, but if someone really belives that, i'd say that someone is just hopfully lost in a dreamworld of his own creation.

But since you don't care about a JLA flick, you're probably one of the many people here from the dark knight camp, that were actually happy when the project got delayed (meaning cancelled), so people who actually did want to see it happen coudn't get the thing you got twice, the movie they wished for the most. And if you also like other dc-superheroes besids Bats, of course you're convinced, not appirng side by side with Superman and Batman first will increase the chance that the WB will do solo-movies for all the other JL characters, even trough in reality it causes the exect opposide. So it seems to me, that there's no point in any further arguing...

But since you don't care about a JLA flick, you're probably one of the many people here from the dark knight camp, that were actually happy when the project got delayed (meaning cancelled), so people who actually did want to see it happen coudn't get the thing you got twice, the movie they wished for the most.

When I say i dont care doesnt mean I dont want to see it. Im just not heartbroken that its not being made. And are you claiming that I dont want the picture to spite those who want it even though im arguing with you over its feasibility? :huh:

And if you also like other dc-superheroes besids Bats, of course you're convinced, not appirng side by side with Superman and Batman first will increase the chance that the WB will do solo-movies for all the other JL characters, even trough in reality it causes the exect opposide. So it seems to me, that there's no point in any further arguing...

How does it do the exact opposite? I dont see why it matters whether or not they are paired with Supes and Bats.

When I say i dont care doesnt mean I dont want to see it. Im just not heartbroken that its not being made. And are you claiming that I dont want the picture to spite those who want it even though im arguing with you over its feasibility? :huh:
Okay, you're right. I'm sorry if i came of a little bit harsh. It's nothing personal, just that that hole hate campaign that certain people propagandated against the Justice League movie really bugged me.

How does it do the exact opposite? I dont see why it matters whether or not they are paired with Supes and Bats.
From my point of view, it should be out of question that after appearing in a successful Justice League movie, that people would mainly come to se because of the moviewise well established Sups and Bats, the degree of popularity of characters like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman would raise enormity, which would increase the chance for successful solo-flicks as well.

Oh, and as for TheVileOne, i'm not just saying that this or that can or can't be done, i'm trying to prove a point by using reasonable arguments, something you seem to refuse completely. Apart from that, if you can run around here and tell people what you think is fact, i think i should be allowed the same thing, or shouldn't i?

If they don't have any confidence in SR2 they are suddenly going to have confidence in Flash, GL, and WW? Its a lost cause... its too late... they invested... it flopped... end of story... game over... and the EXACT SAME THING will happen at Marvel if IM and Hulk bomb... but I don't think they will... WB was careless with their money... it bit them in the ass... they have to build it from scratch... we don't even know what the status is of BB3... if Nolan walks WB isn't going to chance it... they are going to use that money on JLA for 2010/2011... and Bale will have no part of it... and yeah... I do think they will come to their senses and they'll try to tie in their solo movies from that point on in the same JLA universe... at this point WB can not just sit on their asses thinking Batman is going to save them... the franchise is in shambles with the recent misfortunes... even if BB3 happens they need another franchise... MOS is DEAD... Miller's JLA is probably dead... I think they'll bring in some new people and try and get it right once the whole strike nonsense is over and done with... Miller might still be on board... but I can't fathom WB being happy with that less than spectacular cast... 2009 will be one sh:tty ass year that's for sure...

I like the way you think. But to me SR, STM, S2, and S/D are very good Superman movies, especially SR, which is fantastic imo.:yay:
And if Ghost Rider and FF have movies, why not WW, Flash, and GL? They have been on tv much longer than the Marvel characters. Just get a good story, director, and cast and done. Things are not that complex people.

If they don't have any confidence in SR2 they are suddenly going to have confidence in Flash, GL, and WW? Its a lost cause... its too late... they invested... it flopped... end of story... game over... and the EXACT SAME THING will happen at Marvel if IM and Hulk bomb... but I don't think they will... WB was careless with their money... it bit them in the ass... they have to build it from scratch... we don't even know what the status is of BB3... if Nolan walks WB isn't going to chance it... they are going to use that money on JLA for 2010/2011... and Bale will have no part of it... and yeah... I do think they will come to their senses and they'll try to tie in their solo movies from that point on in the same JLA universe... at this point WB can not just sit on their asses thinking Batman is going to save them... the franchise is in shambles with the recent misfortunes... even if BB3 happens they need another franchise... MOS is DEAD... Miller's JLA is probably dead... I think they'll bring in some new people and try and get it right once the whole strike nonsense is over and done with... Miller might still be on board... but I can't fathom WB being happy with that less than spectacular cast... 2009 will be one sh:tty ass year that's for sure...

All of this is just speculation and your opinion, you know that, right?

From my point of view, it should be out of question that after appearing in a successful Justice League movie, that people would mainly come to se because of the moviewise well established Sups and Bats, the degree of popularity of characters like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman would raise enormity, which would increase the chance for successful solo-flicks as well.

Will it help sales? Yes, this is a reasonable assessment. Does it hurt not to appear in a JL movie first? No. These characters have rich interesting backgrounds, visuals, and supporting casts. In fact, it be better IMO to not be in a JL movie because a JL movie might set to much precedent for the solo movies where they would have to work within the confines of the team movie and not act as their own solo movie. I also think that the general audience will take to a number of solo films of interesting superheroes and see them meet up in a team film, changes will also be accepted because the heroes half to fit the mold but since the character backgrounds are less important to a team movie and the focus should be on the relationships and action. Certain changes including cast I suspect would bring about the feeling "that sucks but should be cool." The last part is total speculation but IMO very probable.

These characters just aren't big enough names to the general audiance to be the huge boxoffice hits that WB would expect them to be. At least not until after appering side by side with the moviewise well established Superman and Batman. And if they'd finally manage to get another heroes besides the Big Two going, but it wouldn't be THAT successful, i'd seriously doubt they'd try more of the "lesser known" DC-characters.

Besids, trying to build up a Justice League movie like that would be like constructing house of charts, that could collapse back upon itself at any time on the way. Also i'm more then just sure that they woulnd't come that far with the plan, let's just assume they'd be able to do one respectively two more for the Batman and Superman franchise, then follow up with a (in my mind absolutly unnecessary) team up flick with both characters and along the way kick off a Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman Solo-Movies, so the JLA is finally in reach. Do you really think they'd be able to get all those actors from the solo-movies, that would be big stars now, together for a team-up flick where they would've have to share the spotlight? If not, then what? Recast so that fansboys would be *****ing again? Or just screw the movie that they would've build over like ten years? But even if they'd be able to get them all togher, it would just cost them WAY TO MUCH money. Even with unknowns, a film like that would be expensive enough, so how much would the movie have to make at the box office in order to be profitable/successful? 800 millions? Not to mention that if the director of the League would have to use the actors and the interpretations of the characters that were casted/created to fit for solo movies, they wouldn't necessarily complement one another and make a balanced overall picture that'd be required for a good team-up flick.

So seriously, it might be a nice little fanboy pipe dream to get a Justice League movie like that, but if you think about it rationally, that just woud never work out in reality.

Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern are easily more well known than Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, pretty much most of the Marvel characters other than Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men. We must live in 2 different worlds. :yay:

there's an actor strike?

Yep. In fact the screen actors and the studios supposedly started their talks this past week. If they don't come up with an agreement by the end of June, the members of the Screen Actors Guild will most likely strike. That's why they were so hot and heavy to shoot the film next month. They could have had all of the principal photography done before May with enough time to do retakes.

By then Marvel would have had their third Avengers pic. If you ask me they should try to do any Superman related films before 2013. By then DC could very well loose the rights to the character.

Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern are easily more well known than Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, pretty much most of the Marvel characters other than Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men. We must live in 2 different worlds. :yay:

Iron Man had a couple of cartoon series didn't he (and his name is reference in the famous 1976 Black Sabbath tune). I think he (or at least his name) is as well known as the Fantastic Four was before they made their first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"