Justice League If TDK won't be related to JL, do you still want MoS to be?

Avengers was too cartoon-ish to me, if that's even a word. I want JL to be like the previous Batman films and - although I'm yet to see it - Man of Steel.

I'd prefer that the inter-dimensional and time travel stuff be left in the comics. We're stretching reality enough with aliens, magical rings and hot amazonian women. Let's treat that as the ceiling.

There are a lot of directions that this can go without having to have the League face 'evil' versions of themselves.

I don't think they'll go too "out of the ordinary" anyway. They only have to look at Green Lantern to see that it's a bad idea.

You can't do what films like Captain America/Thor did and then still have people (in the film) be surprised by what's to come. A flying man is a bit of a surprise to the average person, I confess but we'll leave Man of Steel to give that some explanation.

Yeah i agree with you guys. Im not sure id like seeing Batman face off with aliens or be sent to a different era in a time machine. It's enough to have Batman just looking at his teammates as a bunch of weirdos, and then get on with the mission. The "aliens" should be the people IN the League.

Yeah i agree with you guys. Im not sure id like seeing Batman face off with aliens or be sent to a different era in a time machine. It's enough to have Batman just looking at his teammates as a bunch of weirdos, and then get on with the mission. The "aliens" should be the people IN the League.

Agreed. It's not that I think that a threat/villain should be weakened to the point where Batman can take it by himself, I really feel like a good storyteller can honor what makes each member heroic.

I'd love to see Man of Steel take place in Nolan's universe! I really think that Batman would add a lot more depth to the universe over a rebooted one.

To be honest, I'd rather the Justice League have Cavill, Bale and launch a new Wonder Woman in the first Justice League movie. That leaves a lot of room to develop a good story. I'd prefer to see Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter join the gang in a sequel or their own spin-offs.

But real world doesn't have to mean that the villains can't be fantastical. It would actually be interesting seeing larger than life characters fighting to protect the world we know and love. But it definitely should not try to emulate Nolan's Batman too closely nor should it be that serious. It is true that outer space or alternate dimensions may turn audience members off but it doesn't have to be so true to life that the spirit of the movie gets drained.

More realistic =/= less fantastical. A Superman or JL movie that is more realistic could simply mean the characters feeling as if they were real people, the threat feeling like how an alien threat in real life would be and feel like, peoples' reactions to superheroes and the JL being more realistic, character emotional struggles more grounded in reality, science making a lot of sense not necessarily in the context of our world's standards but in the context of the film, etc. Like cleverusername8 said, you can have larger than life character fighting to protect the world we all know and love.

There are many different ways a movie can be realistic. What a realistic Superman movie means to Snyder is completely different from what a realistic Batman movie means to Nolan.

More realistic =/= less fantastical. A Superman or JL movie that is more realistic could simply mean the characters feeling as if they were real people, the threat feeling like how an alien threat in real life would be and feel like, peoples' reactions to superheroes and the JL being more realistic, character emotional struggles more grounded in reality, science making a lot of sense not necessarily in the context of our world's standards but in the context of the film, etc. Like cleverusername8 said, you can have larger than life character fighting to protect the world we all know and love.

There are many different ways a movie can be realistic. What a realistic Superman movie means to Snyder is completely different from what a realistic Batman movie means to Nolan.
I agree.

The Justice League almost has to square off against aliens or inter-dimensional demi-gods in order to make sense. With Batman as the brains behind the battle plan. What on Earth could possibly warrant an Amazonian immortal magic lady, a super fast forensics scientist, an invincible Kryptonian whose birth name literally has a Hebrew name for God in it, and a space cop with a ring powered by Will that can do literally anything he can imagine teaming up to save it? Lex Luthor and a bunch of Earth weenies?

Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor make more sense.

Anti-Monitor would be great if they wanted to do something really radical and do a Crisis on Infinite Earths scenario where-in they actually start with each character being in a separate universe where no other super heroes exist. And if they are smart they could use the Amazon tv show idea and use the actress(if they cast smart) playing WW for JL... So you have them pick up with Nolanverse Batman(yes, I'd still like to see Bale but this would be a super stretch that would probably keep Bale away and super piss off Nolan) in his world, and MOS Superman in his, etc. And somehow they all end up meeting up, teaming up, defeating the Anti-Monitor but resulting in a new Earth where all of their worlds are merged into one. Suddenly Nolanverse Batman lives in the same world as Superman.

You know, I actually don't hate your idea. But I still wouldn't want the Nolan-verse part of the Justice League. Simply because Bruce is retired and past his prime. I really think we should get a new Batman, not the cheap Dick Grayson knock-off.

I love Nolan to death, but i dont really care if it pisses him off. I want Bale back. I dont want him back in a Batman movie but in Justice League why not? It's outside of Gotham. Possibly after TDKR we see "superheroes" or "aliens" make their first appearances in the world. And like it would be in our everyday world, it'll be a massive shock to everyone. Including Bruce.

I would even enjoy it if Bale was back as just "Bruce Wayne" in a Nick Fury role.

I love Nolan to death, but i dont really care if it pisses him off. I want Bale back. I dont want him back in a Batman movie but in Justice League why not? It's outside of Gotham. Possibly after TDKR we see "superheroes" or "aliens" make their first appearances in the world. And like it would be in our everyday world, it'll be a massive shock to everyone. Including Bruce.

I would even enjoy it if Bale was back as just "Bruce Wayne" in a Nick Fury role.

I would be ok with Bale like this, but that excludes options with which I, I'm sure a lot of others, would like a lot more.

You know, I actually don't hate your idea. But I still wouldn't want the Nolan-verse part of the Justice League. Simply because Bruce is retired and past his prime. I really think we should get a new Batman, not the cheap Dick Grayson knock-off.

I actually elaborsted on my Crisis idea in the JGL thread... I'd want thia to be Batman right after TDK. Long before TDKR. With the end result ultimately being that TDKR is Elseworlds while post-JL continuity is a sort of New Earth with all these previously separate universe heroes in one universe.

Too mean realism as Nolan had it was that the world was grounded around Batman. Batman and Robin had no ground. Burton semi grounded the world. That ground is that if Batman didn't exist, then we would think it was our reality.
Of course once you insert these guys you can begin to unground the world. You don't have a world where you find out aliens exist and that these advanced aliens are capable of absorbing energy. Science and philosophy now have no limits. Oh space travel to mars is difficult? A damn baby could do it!

short and sweet, yes I would like Man Of Steel to be connected to the Justice League movie :)

I actually elaborsted on my Crisis idea in the JGL thread... I'd want thia to be Batman right after TDK. Long before TDKR. With the end result ultimately being that TDKR is Elseworlds while post-JL continuity is a sort of New Earth with all these previously separate universe heroes in one universe.

Haha, WB is still too in love with Nolan to ever consider even trying to retcon TDKR.

Ok ill leave this here. It's just a personal dream sequence that i have in mind. It'll never happen but what the hell. It's regarding the JGL rumors for JLA. For the talked about POST-CREDIT SCENE following Man Of Steel.

MOS is over. As the credits wind down we see a shot of a rooftop in a night-time Gotham City. Gary Oldmans Commissioner Gordon is standing on this roof as we see the bat-signal in his line of vision. Next to it awaits Joseph-Gordon Levitt who turns his head slightly from a side-shot to reveal a "Nolanized" version of what seems to be Nightwing gear. A cross between Nolans armor for Batman and the Nightwing of the comics.

By then most of us fanboys have heard of this scene online, so we expect it, but we've been told JGL is the new Batman. So we're a little weirded out by this point that John Blake has no cowl, but something 'high-tech' covering his eyes instead. Hair exposed. His hair is short but a little longer than it was when we last saw the character.

Fans going into this are split on this whole post-credit sequence..but the audience is still silent.

Jim and John have a very quick back and forth..about JGL being on the job for about 6 months now..yet this is only the 2nd time they've met up to talk. Gordon asks Blake if what he's doing is necessary since there hasn't been too many criminal outbursts. The city can take care of the few thieves who have been taking advantage of Gothams rebuilding period. Even if he's been a help.

Blake says nothing other than correcting him on the name. Telling the Commish that "it's Robin now". Gordon smirks, gives him a strange look and for Blake he repeats, "ok..Robin".

As JGL is about to speak some more, it cuts to a scene of Clark Kent in suit & glasses. We can now only hear Robin John Blake's voice over this new scene, edited between Clarks speaking. Clark is at a familiar restaurant to most fans who remember. The sun is setting. As Clark tells the italian gentleman that the person he is meeting with should be there shortly...(a good chunk of the audience's hearts are starting to beat real fast now. You can hear a dude say "Noooo F'n waaaay")..

Robin explains that the last 6 months have been more about a learning experience. A preperation...something potentially bigger than just Gotham. He may need me to take care of things around here or i may have to leave.

Gordon, confused, quickly asks him "Preperation for what? And who is...HE?" As Clark (and the audience together) watch as a suited man sits down directly in front of him...revealing himself to be none other than Christian Bale with a smirk on his face. The crowd LOSES IT.

Clark Kent/Henry Cavill says one final thing with a curious & suspicious tone: "Nice to finally meet you..Mr. [BLACKOUT]Enter Fake Name[/BLACKOUT] is it??

Bale responds...
"Please, just call me Bruce." As Zack Snyder fades out on that shot of Bruce Wayne's face, with some nice buildup score behind it. A theme from Hans Zimmer that sounds like a mix between Supermans new theme heard throughout the film and his iconic Batman theme..we see a logo appear over a black backround that simply reads JUSTICE LEAGUE 2015

Now something like this would leave a lot of questions but that's a good thing. A lot of questions until WB officially announces that summer, what their plans are for a JLA film. Keep in mind this will never happen. But it would mean that the whole JGL as Batman in JLA thing is a way to get us talking so we think we know their plans and know what the post credit scene is, until they pull the rug out from underneath our feet. We would say "So JGL isnt Batman, hes Robin. So are they promoting the Justice League film AND a Robin spin-off in Gotham with JGL??" The answer would be yes. It's also a way to get people speculating if Bale is returning as Batman for JL or if he's just in his suit in a Nick Fury type of role. The answer to that would be revealed as YES Bale is coming back as the Batman for Justice League AND he's putting the team together like Fury. Another question would be if Batman AND Robin will be in Justice League together or not?? since Blake hinted at the possibility. The answer is JGL has been signed on to play a small small part in Justice League but we dont know if he's in the suit or not. I would also make Bale and Freeman return in tiny roles for that Robin Blake spin-off. Which i would release 1 year after JLA. Wayne in a mentor/trainer type role. Who knows if he suits back up in Gotham or not.

Bale responds...
"Please, just call me Bruce." As Zack Snyder fades out on that shot of Bruce Wayne's face, with some nice buildup score behind it. A theme from Hans Zimmer that sounds like a mix between Supermans new theme heard throughout the film and his iconic Batman theme..we see a logo appear over a black backround that simply reads JUSTICE LEAGUE 2015

Bbbbbbuttttt (clutching pearls), that would be SPITTING in Christopher Nolan's face!!!!!

Kidding - it's a terrific idea and a surefire way for the JL franchise to get the buzz necessary to compete with Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7 in summer 2015.

Bbbbbbuttttt (clutching pearls), that would be SPITTING in Christopher Nolan's face!!!!!

Kidding - it's a terrific idea and a surefire way for the JL franchise to get the buzz necessary to compete with Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7 in summer 2015.

Agreed. Reagardless of what I've said in the past, this idea gotceven me excited when I caught on to what was going on. This as a post credits alone would pretty much prevent any kind of chance of JL flopping. It's no win button, but it'll make a great safety net

But it's a shame MoS officially completed filming several months ago, before even TDKR launched in theatres. Before the success of the Avengers and WB ordering JL.

No one was called back for reshoots.

Someone suggested before to have an older Superman in Justice League which if they don't intend to use Henry Cavill is a great idea. However, I still very much doubt that this films gonna be released in 2015, tbh more I think about it more I want the Batman reboot before this anyway. If I were WBs I'd take my time with Justice League and concentrate on a MOS trilogy and one or two rebooted Batman films. But I will say if they do go ahead with Justice League then ill be psyched but I'd prefer they wait.

It didn't seem that way when it was announced. Especially Nolan's reaction to it and how he announced he wanted nothing to do with it.

Also Snyder's earlier comments that JL would be a separate thing. It seemed like neither of them were in the loop about JL until after Avengers. MoS was long completed filming by then.

My theory is that JL was obviously a project in development hell at Warners until Avengers made major coin. Then, the greedy execs basically just resurrected the project and pushed it to priority #1.

It didn't seem that way when it was announced. Especially Nolan's reaction to it and how he announced he wanted nothing to do with it.

Also Snyder's earlier comments that JL would be a separate thing. It seemed like neither of them were in the loop about JL until after Avengers. MoS was long completed filming by then.

My theory is that JL was obviously a project in development hell at Warners until Avengers made major coin. Then, the greedy execs basically just resurrected the project and pushed it to priority #1.

We have a winner!:cwink:

Ok ill leave this here. It's just a personal dream sequence that i have in mind. It'll never happen but what the hell. It's regarding the JGL rumors for JLA. For the talked about POST-CREDIT SCENE following Man Of Steel.

MOS is over. As the credits wind down we see a shot of a rooftop in a night-time Gotham City. Gary Oldmans Commissioner Gordon is standing on this roof as we see the bat-signal in his line of vision. Next to it awaits Joseph-Gordon Levitt who turns his head slightly from a side-shot to reveal a "Nolanized" version of what seems to be Nightwing gear. A cross between Nolans armor for Batman and the Nightwing of the comics.

By then most of us fanboys have heard of this scene online, so we expect it, but we've been told JGL is the new Batman. So we're a little weirded out by this point that John Blake has no cowl, but something 'high-tech' covering his eyes instead. Hair exposed. His hair is short but a little longer than it was when we last saw the character.

Fans going into this are split on this whole post-credit sequence..but the audience is still silent.

Jim and John have a very quick back and forth..about JGL being on the job for about 6 months now..yet this is only the 2nd time they've met up to talk. Gordon asks Blake if what he's doing is necessary since there hasn't been too many criminal outbursts. The city can take care of the few thieves who have been taking advantage of Gothams rebuilding period. Even if he's been a help.

Blake says nothing other than correcting him on the name. Telling the Commish that "it's Robin now". Gordon smirks, gives him a strange look and for Blake he repeats, "ok..Robin".

As JGL is about to speak some more, it cuts to a scene of Clark Kent in suit & glasses. We can now only hear Robin John Blake's voice over this new scene, edited between Clarks speaking. Clark is at a familiar restaurant to most fans who remember. The sun is setting. As Clark tells the italian gentleman that the person he is meeting with should be there shortly...(a good chunk of the audience's hearts are starting to beat real fast now. You can hear a dude say "Noooo F'n waaaay")..

Robin explains that the last 6 months have been more about a learning experience. A preperation...something potentially bigger than just Gotham. He may need me to take care of things around here or i may have to leave.

Gordon, confused, quickly asks him "Preperation for what? And who is...HE?" As Clark (and the audience together) watch as a suited man sits down directly in front of him...revealing himself to be none other than Christian Bale with a smirk on his face. The crowd LOSES IT.

Clark Kent/Henry Cavill says one final thing with a curious & suspicious tone: "Nice to finally meet you..Mr. [BLACKOUT]Enter Fake Name[/BLACKOUT] is it??

Bale responds...

Now something like this would leave a lot of questions but that's a good thing. A lot of questions until WB officially announces that summer, what their plans are for a JLA film. Keep in mind this will never happen. But it would mean that the whole JGL as Batman in JLA thing is a way to get us talking so we think we know their plans and know what the post credit scene is, until they pull the rug out from underneath our feet. We would say "So JGL isnt Batman, hes Robin. So are they promoting the Justice League film AND a Robin spin-off in Gotham with JGL??" The answer would be yes. It's also a way to get people speculating if Bale is returning as Batman for JL or if he's just in his suit in a Nick Fury type of role. The answer to that would be revealed as YES Bale is coming back as the Batman for Justice League AND he's putting the team together like Fury. Another question would be if Batman AND Robin will be in Justice League together or not?? since Blake hinted at the possibility. The answer is JGL has been signed on to play a small small part in Justice League but we dont know if he's in the suit or not. I would also make Bale and Freeman return in tiny roles for that Robin Blake spin-off. Which i would release 1 year after JLA. Wayne in a mentor/trainer type role. Who knows if he suits back up in Gotham or not.
I got chills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"