• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

If they made a period piece about today what would they reference?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Which hairstyles and fashion would they use and what “period piece” music would they use?

I suppose they would chuck in those pink hats from the women’s march. Not sure about the music. What do you think?

I can imagine there will be quite a few period piece films from 2000 until today.

I don't pay attention to music and fashion, so I have no idea. Maybe "BYOB" by System of a Down for the Iraq War era.

Uh... I am guessing they would reference the most widely recognized touchstones and then things with particular relevance to the story they are telling.

A giant fat orange dinosaur that brought about the end of days.

2018: Guys that weigh 140 lbs wearing skinny jeans, man bun, and a beard taking selfies for Instagram of their limited edition microbrew. Maybe Cardi B playing in the background.

But for reals, I think the biggest revolution that’s been going on for over a decade is in clean food...and it keeps growing and growing. Tons of good docs on the food industry and what mess we put into our bodies. Keep ‘em coming...

Everyone would definitely be saying “have you checked out my podcast” every five seconds

How much time we waste invest in message boards discussing our favorite formats and franchises of fiction.
Music? Linkin Park.

- There would be lots of people wearing stripey shirts.

- Music would be Britney Spears, JLS, Little Mix and 1Direction (the latter much to my personal displeasure).

- There would be lots of references to comic-book movies.

- Characters would be watching Netflix rather than television.

Yeah and instead of a newspaper article flying at the screen it would be a buzzfeed article. Except it wouldn’t be allowed to be called that so it would say feedbuzz or something

Things you can't explain, and will baffle future historians?

1Bctty7.jpg

HaDLJRE.jpg

Last edited:
Hipsters and Starbucks or any coffeehouse.

Plus you know there'd be a vegan in there someplace.

It’s funny if they did it a few years ago all the movies people would see would be in 3D. But that’s already historic (as in done)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"