The Dark Knight Rises If WB ever did a movie with an old Bruce, what direction would you like to see?

CrazyDavey

Civilian
Reaction score
There are 2 ways they can go with this...

1. They can base it off "The Dark Knight Returns"

or

2. Make a live action Batman Beyond

IMO, I think a live action Batman Beyond film would be a much better future for old Bruce. It just seems more real that Bruce would have no choice but to retire from crime fighting... and getting some new kid to take his place. Let's face it, Bruce can't be around forever.

Technically, both can still take place. If they were in the same timeline, I'd place DKR at about 5-10 years before BB.

Come up with something new. I don't like DKR (can't stand Miller) and I don't like the concept of BB.

Technically, both can still take place. If they were in the same timeline, I'd place DKR at about 5-10 years before BB.

Uh, not REALLY. At the very least because in BB, Bruce Wayne can still step outside without cops and the government after him for practically hundreds of criminal charges.

It doesn't have to be exactly like BB. I was thinking more along the lines of Bruce finding himself a new hideout and working from there.

But it's whatev, these 2 will probably never reach live-action.

Are you dense?

DKR and Kingdom Come.

who wants to see Bruce Wayne play sidekick to some brat with a cyber-suit?

hmm, I would definately go for DKR, but on the other hand I've always pictured Clint Eastwood as an old Bruce Wayne in a type of BB-setting.

Answer: An old direction...

a live Action BEYOND flick would be fun. If Will Friedle could bulk up a bit..i actually wouldnt be fully opposed to him potraying Terry McGinnis (he did the voice in the cartoon) and even Kevin Conroy could pull off an old bruce wayne-again with just some mass and a little makeup. There are some awesome mock ups on DeviantART of a "live action" Beyond costume..and they look good.

my only worry..is the Jokerz would look awfully similar to the Circus / Neon Paint gang in the shumacher movies.

Chris Nolan's trilogy could deal with the Batman: Year One era...where the second trilogy could deal with something toward the end of Bruce's career. Movie 1, TDKR, Movie 2, Batman Beyond, and movie 3: Kingdom Come.

I agree with killingyouguy about coming up with something new. TDKR and Batman Beyond were both original ideas about the future of Batman, and I would prefer any film about that same concept to follow an original idea as well.

I wouldn't mind a trilogy set in the future. Maybe the first one could be The Dark Knight Returns, then maybe they could transition into Batman Beyond from there, creating some original material to fill the gaps.

I like em both
It really depends what they want to go for, if they want to do a darker/grittier story(DKR) or something more toned down(BB)

I didn't care for TDK I could see BB but that movie would be a hit or a miss

How limiting a set of choices. I would have to go Earth-2 with Bruce, Selina and Helena.

You could probably write a whole movie about Old Bruce. A comedy similar to About Schmidt where he is an old man. Its unexplored territory you could do whatever you want well within reason

B. Beyond is a lil' more practical for Hollywood to do TDKR because of the time settings and that TDKR is more a throwback to the pop culture and times of the 80's, even though it futuristic is still there. Honestly, I hope don't see either one, because we gotta work on what we have right now. We've come a long way with the BAt to get this far and reach this kind of quality in filming, acting, and comic/graphic novel portrayal from the closest point of view we as fans may ever see Batman come to on the silverscreen.

But to etertain the idea for a moment, I would choose BB as a movie and the perfect old Bruce for me would be..........................Da-dada-da!!

Clint Eastwood.

As for Terry McGinnis, I have no clue.

Did I mention Clint Eastwood would be perfect for the old Bruce. You've seen the cartoon, now picture Eastwood.......that's what u call a win-win situation son!

Did I mention Clint Eastwood would be perfect for the old Bruce. You've seen the cartoon, now picture Eastwood.......that's what u call a win-win situation son!

agreed. Anthony Hopkins would be my 2nd pick.

And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing Adam West in a more serious Bruce Wayne role. Nothing to do with the 60's TV series. But he is the oldest Bat actor alive right now.

I've never read DKR, but from what I've seen in scans and what I've heard in other threads, it doesn't sound too interesting to me.

And I enjoyed the BB series, but I didn't love it like I did the TAS. The only time I think it reached those levels was in "Return of the Joker" or "Epilogue".

So I voted for "other". Neither sound that great and the idea of jumping from Year 1 in this current trilogy to the end of his career in the next is not appealing, either. I think that before any older Bruce Wayne/Batman movie comes out, there should be a trilogy between Nolan's and a futuristic one (Perhaps with characters that didn't have a chance in Nolan's realistic vision?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"