The Dark Knight The Dark Knight 'Ask A Question'

Making Gotham a city on the west coast is not a minor geographical error. It is a city that is supposed to be in Northern New Jersey and resemble a north eastern city...

Gotham_City_Batman_Begins.jpg

This looks like a West Coast city from this shot....that is not Gotham. This is not a huge deal in the scheme of the film....but how do you make this mistake?

-R

Making Gotham a city on the west coast is not a minor geographical error. It is a city that is supposed to be in Northern New Jersey and resemble a north eastern city...

Gotham_City_Batman_Begins.jpg

This looks like a West Coast city from this shot....that is not Gotham. This is not a huge deal in the scheme of the film....but how do you make this mistake?

-R
This is a CGI shot first of all an secondly what if they did the scene in the opposite direction? Just cause its been done to look this way doesnt mean its "designed" to be a west coast city

...and don't 4get that the sun looks to be setting in that picture. which would make us facing west, which would also mean the water's south of the city and the mainland is north.

or maybe the sun's rising, in which case the waters north and the mainlands south. (i don't actually remember where that shots from in the movie, so it's hard to tell what time it is.)

edit, on second thooght i don't think it's rising or setting, as it looks more like a simple reflection. but hey, you never know.

At what point in the franchise is it established that Gotham is an East Coast city? I'm aware of what the allusions are in the books ...and I'm also aware of numerous instances that were blatantly given their own design in the films, counter to the books. Gotham could be anywhere in the U.S. that has port access.

When I saw Batman Begins and that shot, I felt that it was a "south facing" shot and the city was still East coast.

As far as when has it been made out to be an East coast city? In the comics it always has been. Gotham is in North Jersey, Metropolis across the harbor in New York and Bludhaven is in the Baltimore area.

Gotham has ALWAYS been established in the north east. In this film continuity of Nolan's verse it hasn't been established as a north east city- but that is a small flaw and an oversight in my eyes.

It doesn't take away from the film, or make them less amazing than they are....I just don't know why they'd take that direction or if they missed it...how?

-R

After repeated viewings I've now just noticed something with Two-Face.

In the hospital evac scene he's resting and presumably sleeping, question is how does he fully sleep if his right eye has no lid?

In the hospital evac scene he's resting and presumably sleeping, question is how does he fully sleep if his right eye has no lid?
never sleep with your eyes open have ya

You'd be surprised. :oldrazz:

Nope. Although there is a reference like that in Major Payne...

And why do they wait so long to evacuate him? Id've thought he'd be the first person rushed out of the hospital, given that the cops believe he was the Joker's intended victim.

And why do they wait so long to evacuate him? Id've thought he'd be the first person rushed out of the hospital, given that the cops believe he was the Joker's intended victim.
That's sort of a leap of logic you have to take, but I watch the movie all the way through, it makes sense, especially in light of what Nolan was going for.

By that stage of the story, everything in Gotham has unraveled to the point where nobody has their s*** together. No better proof than the mess that was the hospital evacuation - nobody even thought of getting Dent out. And Gotham General could simply have been the biggest hospital and they were concerned most about that, not that Dent was in there. For all the public knew, Dent was close to death.

I believe his eye didn´t work, since it was partly burned. He could not see with that eye.

Last edited:
I believe his eye didn´t work, since it was partly burned. He could not see with thaat eye.

actually his eye wasn't burned. or atleast, since it has no burn marks, that's how it appears to me.

but i think if you fall asleep w/ ur eyes open it's pretty much the same as normal sleep, but you just have memories of looking around the room that feel allot like your remembering a dream. instead of actually dreaming. (if that makes any sense to you)

well, that's what i think it would be like to dream w/ ur eye open. but that's just my best guess so...

Still you can tell he got burned badly. I think it´s natural to think it was damaged and he could not see with that eye.

Still you can tell he got burned badly. I think it´s natural to think it was damaged and he could not see with that eye.
He does at the end of the movie tell Gordon "when you can look me in the eye" but it could just be him using it as a figure of speech

People can fall asleep with their eyes open. Don't as me how, ask Leon the Professional :up:

I have a question: How in Zeus' name is the poll this close? Have people not seen some of the inquires posed here?

I have a question: How in Zeus' name is the poll this close? Have people not seen some of the inquires posed here?
The ones that voted no are the ones asking the stupid questions hence why theres so many of both stupid questions an "no" votes

well, i haven't asked a question yet. and i still voted no. but there has been a couple of exceptions, so i prolly shoulda voted yes.

That's sort of a leap of logic you have to take, but I watch the movie all the way through, it makes sense, especially in light of what Nolan was going for.

By that stage of the story, everything in Gotham has unraveled to the point where nobody has their s*** together. No better proof than the mess that was the hospital evacuation - nobody even thought of getting Dent out. And Gotham General could simply have been the biggest hospital and they were concerned most about that, not that Dent was in there. For all the public knew, Dent was close to death.

I thought Gordon said Gotham General was the most likely target because Dent was there. I'll have to watch the scene again sometime.

I was thinking the white cop was corrupt because he was in charge of watching Dent when the black cop left, but he didn't evacuate him. Also, we never saw the Joker kill him; he just disappeared. I guess he could be one of the two dead cops Gordon referred to but we musn't start that debate up again. :hehe:

I thought Gordon said Gotham General was the most likely target because Dent was there. I'll have to watch the scene again sometime.

I was thinking the white cop was corrupt because he was in charge of watching Dent when the black cop left, but he didn't evacuate him. Also, we never saw the Joker kill him; he just disappeared. I guess he could be one of the two dead cops Gordon referred to but we musn't start that debate up again. :hehe:
No, Gordon just says, "The priority is Gotham General. Wheel everybody out of there right now." He doesn't mention Dent being there.

No, I think it's pretty clear Davis is dead, because he doesn't answer the radio. If he were corrupt, he probably would have lied that he got Dent out and onto a bus, so that the black cop would have just left the scene, none the wiser. Having him go back into the hospital is a liability, because he would have found that Dent was still there (which he did) and could have escaped and called someone else. Too bad Joker put a damper on that plan. :oldrazz:

Someone wkno where I can find the this song? Soundtrack? BB or The Dark Knight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbK8Zow8mp4&NR=1
It's mostly edited from several tracks from the TDK soundtrack and Molossus from BB.

It's "Why So Serious," "And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad," "Always A Catch" (I think, I don't listen to this track too often), "Molossus" from BB, and "A Dark Knight"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"