The Dark Knight If You Could Give Mr. Nolan Just One Suggestion On Making TDK...

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
...what would it be?

I'll start.

Mr. Nolan, I understand that the first movie was about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, so no fault that he did not totally personify Batman in the comics, but in this sequel I think you should demonstrate his some of the character's most notable abilities like his Genius-level intelligence, master detective, martial arts master and the fact that he is a escapologist.

BB did show some of Batman's raw physical prowess but I would like to see his fight style be more precision based with the camera pulled back more.

Think Jason Bourne from the Bourne Identity.

Mr. Nolan; never listen to any suggestions.

Even so, edit this one much better for ****'s sake.

El Payaso said:

Hey, you never know. It worked for getting Christian Bale.

El Payaso said:

So if he doens't listen to suggestions, then how can he listen to your suggestion not to listen to suggestions? Do you see the paradox you've created?

My one suggestion would be Liev Schreiber as Dent. Schreiber Dammit!!

Jude Law or Joaquin Phoenix as Harvey Dent!

hit the nail on the head . . . and hopefully Nolan's wife reads this gottam thread

Hey Chreese Nolan: don't be so tied to your realistic roots that you end up butchering the look of the Joker. thanks!

Katsuro said:
So if he doens't listen to suggestions, then how can he listen to your suggestion not to listen to suggestions? Do you see the paradox you've created?

My one suggestion would be Liev Schreiber as Dent. Schreiber Dammit!!

BINGO! :woot:

I'll add one more suggestion:

Make Joker hauntingly terrifying. He can be comical in some parts, but his comedy should be dark humor really. I want a guy where if you didn't laugh at his joke he'd shoot you pointblank, or take a flamethrower and burn down a school just for ****s and giggles.

I want a guy who's half "A Clockwork Orange", half Alan Moore, and half Hannibal Lecter (not in the sense he's a cannibal, but in the sense he is so sick and twisted that some could call him a genius for murdering mobsters in the most fiendish, ghastly ways possible.)

Don't try to stuff too much into this film.

I would say pull the camera back during fight scenes and let the scenes play instead of cuting it so fast. keep focusing on bruce's story
Make the joker as terrifying as possible but not over the top.

Katsuro said:
So if he doens't listen to suggestions, then how can he listen to your suggestion not to listen to suggestions?

Those weren't suggestions. Those were orders.

raybia said:
...what would it be?

I'll start.

Mr. Nolan, I understand that the first movie was about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, so no fault that he did not totally personify Batman in the comics, but in this sequel I think you should demonstrate his some of the character's most notable abilities like his Genius-level intelligence, master detective, martial arts master and the fact that he is a escapologist.

BB did show some of Batman's raw physical prowess but I would like to see his fight style be more precision based with the camera pulled back more.

A-Goddamn-men. :up:

:wolverine

Mr. Nolan:

Make whatever goddamn movie you want. Don't listen to any of these dweebs.

Especially me.

superkong 500 said:
I would say pull the camera back during fight scenes and let the scenes play instead of cuting it so fast. keep focusing on bruce's story
Make the joker as terrifying as possible but not over the top.

I agree. Also don't make Bale force his voice to be deep and raspy when he's being Batman. Really I don't mind it but it's a little annoying. Loved the film, though.

My suggestion is start calling the tumbler The Batmobile. There's no reason it can't be called that. It's not something to be ashamed of, it's a cool name for the coolest car, that's what it is. And those who don't like that aren't fans. That's Batman, he has Bat-gadgets and, Bat-vehicles.

I hate when some filmmakers act like it's beneath them to make a comic book movie and seem ashamed to do it so they start renaming things and taking things out, well this is Batman, a comic book movie, so make it what it is. It's not campy it's the Batmobile.

raybia said:
...what would it be?

I'll start.

That's what I would tell him :)

Dear Mr. Nolan,
Please put Etrigan in this movie.
Thanks so much
-Ronny

I couldn't presume to actually give Christopher Nolan any suggestions about how to make his movies, for gods sake he's my idol in that field.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting a less choppy and close-up look at the hand to hand combat between Batman and his foes. Especially if the Joker is going to be his major opponent in this film, using the same type of coverage used on the first one probably wouldn't work. But I'm sure he already knows this.

I'd love to see a more Chris Nolanesque/Jonah Nolanesque Batman film, rather than the weird amalgamation of Nolan and Goyer that the first one was. It was great, but the third act was a bit crazy and doesn't match the first act at all.

I'm no natural at directing the way Nolan is but I will offer some general casting advice...either get an actress for the love interest/female lead who has real acting chops and is playing a part that's well written or don't have one at all. Also, (yes I know only one suggestion but still,) Gary Oldman is wonderful as James Gordon...the more we see of him with Batman the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"