• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you Don't like the movie - POST HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
^She beat me to it. It wasn't your usual "This is the best movie in the trilogy" (though it was said by some of the actors), this was "we changed the script you hated, and Cyclops fans will be happy and Colossus and Rogue will kick @ss and the Phoenix will blow your mind" and so on.

^She beat me to it. It wasn't your usual "This is the best movie in the trilogy" (though it was said by some of the actors), this was "we changed the script you hated, and Cyclops fans will be happy and Colossus and Rogue will kick @ss and the Phoenix will blow your mind" and so on.

Glad to see that the board is back. Everything you said was spot on Cino.

Don't forget they also said that Angel would kick a lot of ass and would be in uniform in the movie too.

Well Angel did kick a lot of ass. Who's to say that glass he broke when he flew out the window didn't hit tens of innocent bystanders on street. :D

Don't forget they also said that Angel would kick a lot of ass and would be in uniform in the movie too.

That really annoys me alright, it was blatant false advertising when it came to Angel! Why did they bother putting Angel in uniform in the promo posters etc. if he was never in it in the movie to begin with?!

Well folks, it has nearly been a year since this demon baby was born. And they will still milk it when they double dip this fall.

Well Angel did kick a lot of ass. Who's to say that glass he broke when he flew out the window didn't hit tens of innocent bystanders on street. :D

that's his utlimate glass IN YOUR FACE COMBO!!

it's a deadly move. :o

Simon Kinberg can also be quoted as saying that Rogue and Colosus would also kick ass. He said that Cyclops role had changed significantly since the script was leaked on ain'titcoolnews.:whatever:

That really annoys me alright, it was blatant false advertising when it came to Angel! Why did they bother putting Angel in uniform in the promo posters etc. if he was never in it in the movie to begin with?!

Yes, you are correct. In hindsight I think the lies at that point had gotten so elaborate, descriptive, and believable that they knew fans would believe them regarding their favorite characters.

Whether it'd be Angel, Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Rogue, or even Wolverine. It was pretty clever on their part and I wish I hadn't put so much faith in Ratner, Penn, or Kinberg. To answer your question it was basically a point of no return and in the middle of those lies, they knew that there was no going back and they had to maintain the false image of a epic masterpiece.

In the end they got what they wanted out of the deal, made their money, laughed all the way to the bank, and created a film in my opinion that is one of the biggest disappointments of 2006. It's not the worse film in the world by any means, however, it has to be up on the list as the film with the most potential that ended up falling flat on its face.

In the end they got what they wanted out of the deal, made their money, laughed all the way to the bank, and created a film in my opinion that is one of the biggest disappointments of 2006. It's not the worse film in the world by any means, however, it has to be up on the list as the film with the most potential that ended up falling flat on its face.

I don't think Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg planned on their reputations being tarnished further.

They made some money, but not as much as they could've if the film had been as good as they'd claimed. A record making opening weekend doesn't mean squat if the box office plummets right after that. The bottom line is that X3 is the least profitable film of the franchise and in the end that's what counts to the investors.

Ratner has Rush Hour 3, but that's basically Jackie Chan's film (Brett's practically a non-entity for that series) while Penn and Kinberg have more or less disappeared. I'll bet Penn's deal for Hulk the revamp was made before X3 debuted because I can't imagine Avi hiring him after the horrible reaction to X3. I know Penn supposedly has a deal for a X-kids spin off, but five bucks says that never sees the light of day. It'll be put into development hell until Penn's deal expires.

I don't think Ratner, Penn, and Kinberg planned on their reputations being tarnished further.

I thought Ratner's video message to the fans (when he was at Cannes) was hysterical. He acknowledged the outrage and backlash but then basically said 'neener, neener, neener'. Unfortunately, he bragged too soon because the critics agreed with a lot of the fans.

What irks me about Brett is his total lack of humility. Showing off his famous house (which was actually a guest house on a larger estate) or his fancy car doesn't make him as special as he thinks it does. I thought it was hilarious that Simon Kinberg said that people are jealous of Brett because he drives a fast car, goes to parties and dates beautiful women. :whatever:

Interesting, i'm sitting in class listening to the newer students discuss the X-films. This one kid that annoys me (before he said what he said anyways) mentioned how he liked the first film loved the second and liked the third. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but that's just weird IMO. :D :p

What irks me about Brett is his total lack of humility. Showing off his famous house (which was actually a guest house on a larger estate) or his fancy car doesn't make him as special as he thinks it does. I thought it was hilarious that Simon Kinberg said that people are jealous of Brett because he drives a fast car, goes to parties and dates beautiful women. :whatever:

Oh yeah, I hate that too. The same happened with Brad Bird, author of the Incredibles. I love the movie, so thought the creator was somebody mainly nice, intelligent.
In the "making of" what a dissapointment- "we're gonna do our best, because we are the best", constantly like that. WHAT THE HECK.:dry:

Like Kevin Smith said "In Hollywood you fail upwards"

I'll bet Penn's deal for Hulk the revamp was made before X3 debuted because I can't imagine Avi hiring him after the horrible reaction to X3.

Because Elektra wasn't enough of a proof?

He acknowledged the outrage and backlash but then basically said 'neener, neener, neener'.

When did Ratner acknowledge the backlash? (Or anyone else attached to the movie for that matter?) The most I heard him say was: 'before the movie came out 50% of the fans were pissed and after it came out 90% loved it' or something like that (dream on...)

The most I heard him say was: 'before the movie came out 50% of the fans were pissed and after it came out 90% loved it' or something like that (dream on...)

97.3% of all statistics are made-up. :)

Because that would be an admission of guilt and they can't have that. I think they don't even understand why we are disappointed in the first place. I may be wrong about this (I don't know any Hollywood people) but from Fox's point of view, hey they signed the bloody checks.
They poured millions of dollars in the production and the promotion of the movie. They did what they were supposed to do. They don't owe anybody and bloody thing. They own the rights, they paid the bills. They got their profits. It's over and done with.

When did Ratner acknowledge the backlash? (Or anyone else attached to the movie for that matter?) The most I heard him say was: 'before the movie came out 50% of the fans were pissed and after it came out 90% loved it' or something like that (dream on...)

So Ratner got those numbers from asking 10 of his close friends what they thought of X3 and 9 of them loved it?:oldrazz:

Like Kevin Smith said "In Hollywood you fail upwards"

Because Elektra wasn't enough of a proof?

It was in a video interview he made when they were at Cannes. I think it was on the Xverse site. I don't remember his exact words, so I can't quote him. He did acknowledge that people were upset and worried about him being hired but now they owed him an apology because the film was so great (or something to that effect)

i just really want to talk to Bryan Singer and his writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, and ask them to explain in as much detail what their ideas where for X3/X4. No, its my goal in life to one day sleep with Bryan Singer (I'm a guy) and then get him to tell me everything about X3/X4!!! jk.. or am i? haha

the only stuff thats sorta known is that nightcrawler possibly would be back in it, and definately the role of Emma Frost was being written with Signourney Weaver in mind, and obviously Jean coming back as the phoenix (possibly coming back good and nice first, then going all Dark Phoenix), and Hellfire Club would be involved (because he said they would work great in a movie)

some stuff i've read from various places arouind the net that i'm not sure is true, is that sentinals were gunna be in it, something about Genosha and it being the place where mutant concentration camps were and sentinals were there, and Bryan Singer promised James Marsden he would get to have his big share of screen time (to make up for the lack of it in X2), Beast was obviously gunna be introduced, Lauren Shuler Donner was gunna push to have Gambit in it,

i just really want to talk to Bryan Singer and his writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, and ask them to explain in as much detail what their ideas where for X3/X4. No, its my goal in life to one day sleep with Bryan Singer (I'm a guy) and then get him to tell me everything about X3/X4!!! jk.. or am i? haha

the only stuff thats sorta known is that nightcrawler possibly would be back in it, and definately the role of Emma Frost was being written with Signourney Weaver in mind, and obviously Jean coming back as the phoenix (possibly coming back good and nice first, then going all Dark Phoenix), and Hellfire Club would be involved (because he said they would work great in a movie)

some stuff i've read from various places arouind the net that i'm not sure is true, is that sentinals were gunna be in it, something about Genosha and it being the place where mutant concentration camps were and sentinals were there, and Bryan Singer promised James Marsden he would get to have his big share of screen time (to make up for the lack of it in X2), Beast was obviously gunna be introduced, Lauren Shuler Donner was gunna push to have Gambit in it,

Don't forget that Storm was just gonna disappear and not be there. At least Cyclops' exodus had some explanation behind it. Storm was gonna be gone, having gone back to Africa with no explanation behind it.

From the things that I have heard, Singer's film wouldn't have been flawless either.

As far as which one I prefer, I dunno. I haven't heard anything about Genosha. But a Genosha / mutant concentration camp would have been even better than the cure plotline (which I happen to love the concept of, by the way).

But not having heard that until now, I dunno what truth is behind that. Between the 2, I don't know what I would have preferred. X-Men: The Last Stand had an amazing concept and storyline, that wasn't exactly perfectly executed.

Under Bryan Singer, I don't know if we would have gotten as great of a storyline (I don't think that X-Men or X2 tell as good of stories as X-Men: The Last Stand tells), but it would have been better crafted (X-Men and X2 are better at telling their stories than X-Men: The Last Stand, even though I prefer the plot of X-Men: The Last Stand)

If that Genosha / concentration camp stuff is true, then I'd prefer Bryan Singer's by far.

Though I still don't like the ideas that were being thrown around of Storm just not being there. That handling of Storm would not have been any better than the handling of Cyclops that we got. It would have been just as bad of a "wrongdoing". Although, somehow, I do get the impression that many of the people who constantly find everything to attack X-Men: The Last Stand for would have given Singer a free pass (as they always do) and not have said anything about Storm's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"