• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

If you Don't like the movie - POST HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rac, your sig is hilarious At least Bret has a sense of humor.

:hyper: First spidy reviews are up at RT. One of them quotes
Proof that it pays keeping on the same creative team that made previous in your franchise a success

Do you think they're hinting something? :p I just hope we're not in for another disappointment.

Third instalments of superhero franchises usually become unstuck big time: Superman III and Batman Forever not only had no feel for their title characters, but had no idea to what it was that made earlier entries in the franchises so appealing. (The less said about Superman 4 and Batman & Robin, the better.) Even the recent X-Men: The Last Stand, which while not exactly the train smash as some fan boys made it out to be, was inferior to the excellent X2. So will it be a case of third time unlucky for Spider-man 3? http://www.scifimoviepage.com/spiderman3.html

Spider-man 3 is as good as, if not actually better than, Spider-man 2. (It’s definitely better than the first movie in the series.) Cramming in so many supervillains and their subplots —[FONT=Verdana,Times New Roman] after all, Spider-man 3 boasts Green Goblin Mk II, Sandman and Venom [/FONT]—[FONT=Verdana,Times New Roman] could have resulted in Spider-man 3 being a brainless attention deficit action movie fest in the same way X-Men: Last Stand almost was.[/FONT]
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/spiderman3.html

Smart guy. :word: :hyper:

which while not exactly the train smash as some fan boys made it out to be

in the same way X-Men: Last Stand almost was

^ THOSE are the truth.

It basically said that the movie wasn't as good as it could have been (which is true), but they have a grasp on reality (unlike many here) and understand that it's not some evil ritual that if watched too many times will open the portal to hell.

^ THOSE are the truth.

It basically said that the movie wasn't as good as it could have been (which is true), but they have a grasp on reality (unlike many here) and understand that it's not some evil ritual that if watched too many times will open the portal to hell.

Well, from the looks of things, Spider-Man 3 is a great closer to the trilogy in a way that X3 should've been. I know it probably upsets you to see Spider-Man 3 receive great reviews and being called an epic, emotional, dark, and intelligent comic book film that will please the fans(some, not all of them).

While according to you the haters don't have a grasp on reality. The same can be said for a lot of the defenders, who feel the need to insult the haters because we don't agree with them.

So whatever.

On a side note I bought three tickets for Spider-Man 3 last night. :up: :up: :up:

I'm always pleased and amused to see another article that slams X3. Props to the guy who wrote that article.

^ THOSE are the truth.

Nell could you please stop.

Your like the Captain Planet X-men fanatic who must rephrase every word to the point where nothing negative can be said.

Geez man i know what the guy said I'm sure those "unlike many here" could live withouth you "translating for them".

I no longer even know who you refer too.

There are maybe 2 ppl around here who are the x-treme of the "haters" side.

Take a vacation from the hype man please.

I hate Venom. That being said I'm looking forward to the movie.

Well, from the looks of things, Spider-Man 3 is a great closer to the trilogy in a way that X3 should've been. I know it probably upsets you to see Spider-Man 3 receive great reviews and being called an epic, emotional, dark, and intelligent comic book film that will please the fans(some, not all of them).

While according to you the haters don't have a grasp on reality. The same can be said for a lot of the defenders, who feel the need to insult the haters because we don't agree with them.

So whatever.

On a side note I bought three tickets for Spider-Man 3 last night. :up: :up: :up:

I'm not upset about reviews. Because OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS are just that, opinions, not the truth.

I happen to like the Spiderman movies. I don't believe that Spiderman offers as much as X-Men does, and I don't like it as much, but I still feel the movies are very well made for what they are, and I'll be there watching Spiderman 3 on the 4th. Nope, the good reviews don't upset me in the least.

Contrary to what you constantly twist my words to sound like, I am disappointed with X-Men: The Last Stand and don't feel that it was the movie that it could have been.

Disappointment doesn't equal dislike.

Loving the movie also doesn't equal lack of disappointment.

Nell could you please stop.

Your like the Captain Planet X-men fanatic who must rephrase every word to the point where nothing negative can be said.

Geez man i know what the guy said I'm sure those "unlike many here" could live withouth you "translating for them".

I no longer even know who you refer too.

There are maybe 2 ppl around here who are the x-treme of the "haters" side.

Take a vacation from the hype man please.

So people like thewheepeople and LastSunrise can bask in all the glee everytime a negative review comes out absolutley SLAMMING the movie, and it's okay, but when I find a review that I feel speaks the truth, I can't do the same thing?

The double standards around here are astounding.

*couldn't care less about X-Men: The Last Stand vs. Spiderman 3 anymore, nor the haters vs. the defenders, because I have new Bone Thugs-N-Harmony music, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony > X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter all combined*

So people like thewheepeople and LastSunrise can bask in all the glee everytime a negative review comes out absolutley SLAMMING the movie, and it's okay, but when I find a review that I feel speaks the truth, I can't do the same thing?

*couldn't care less about X-Men: The Last Stand vs. Spiderman 3 anymore, nor the haters vs. the defenders, because I have new Bone Thugs-N-Harmony music, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony > X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter all combined*

Haha. Nice. I forgot you liked them.

First of all read the name of the thread.

Second of all they havn't refrenced others in "unlike many here" kinda quotes as frequently as you do.

Third of all there arn't many so that's an improper statement.

Fourth of all they arn't slamming you for loving it.

Fifth of all for a person who's dissapointed in TLS you sure as hell do defend it ALOT!

Sixth of all i apologise for coming off rude, but you where seemingly being immature with your statement.

Seventh don't stoop down too the level of others just because.

Eight i'm done.

Nineth I think i'll take a break now. :p

Tenth my final word to you. Nell you're a passionate guy and if you could put that passion towards something else you can more than likely achieve alot. :D

First of all read the name of the thread.

You're on the wrong message board to expect to make a thread about hating a movie without any kind of responses.

Second of all they havn't refrenced others in "unlike many here" kinda quotes as frequently as you do.

No, they usually just flat out call you out for your opinion *coughlastsunrisecough*

Third of all there arn't many so that's an improper statement.

Aren't that many? Maybe so. Just cuz there are a lot of them doesn't justify them for their attitude.

Fourth of all they arn't slamming you for loving it.

Um, have you even READ a post by LastSunrise?

The fact that thewheepeople has anyone with a positive opinion on his ignore list proves that he doesn't want intelligent discussion, only mindless bashing, and can't handle it when people discredit / disprove his arguements, or just generally come with a counter opinion.

I didn't get "nasty" with him, as he says, until his attitude changed from intelligent disappointment / dislike to mindless bashing of anything and everything he could get his hands on the "justify" and "prove" his point, instead of just letting his opinion speak for himself. His constant posting of Kinberg quotes and negative reviews to discredit this film and any positive opinion is proof of that.

Fifth of all for a person who's dissapointed in TLS you sure as hell do defend it ALOT!

I still like it. And I defend it when it's warranted. Like when people bring double standards about movie studios, acting as though Fox is the only movie studio that will bastardize a source material for the bottom line, or when people use examples like cure needles or how a bridge dropped or bridges length as errors that effect the quality of the film, when these kind of errors or lapses of logic can be found in just about any movie. It's not about whether the movie is good or not, but finding any piece of anything that one can to try to discredit it.

Sixth of all i apologise for coming off rude, but you where seemingly being immature with your statement.

I'll admit that it takes 2 to tango. But if you haven't noticed, I am very opinionated, and "leaving it be" is something that doesn't come easily to me when I feel passionatley about something (it's why I'm an English major! I have a lot to say on things that I believe in, no matter how trvial)

Seventh don't stoop down too the level of others just because.

See above (not justification, explanation)

Eight i'm done.

Me too. I have a game of Warhammer to play tonight, and some Bone Thugs-N-Harmony to listen to :)

Nineth I think i'll take a break now. :p

See above :)

Well i'm at work in my school Library, but i just got a Wii and i can't put that thing down!! :D

it's freaking WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I happen to like the Spiderman movies. I don't believe that Spiderman offers as much as X-Men does, and I don't like it as much, but I still feel the movies are very well made for what they are, and I'll be there watching Spiderman 3 on the 4th. Nope, the good reviews don't upset me in the least.

The NY Post reviewed Spidey 3 today. They gave it 3 stars and called it "thrilling, but bloated." I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...and I don't really care because I was thinking of using one of my vacation days next Friday just see it at the IMAX, regardless of what any critic says. :woot:

That's the thing, I want them all to be good. I don't care what came before it, or that I happen to like another studio better. I just want a good movie, and this one looks great. X3 doesn't factor into the equation.

Exactly. The reviews for Spidey 3 can be great, or they can be bad, never mind, millions of people will still watch it and it´ll be a huge hit. But X3 was a big hit too, (even if it´s not as "family movie" as Spidey or PotC) and people around here seem to forget that it didn´t receive only negative reviews, and was liked by many. Spidey can be ten times more successful than X3 or receive better reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, whatever, it doesn´t matter to me and it has nothing to do and will never change the fact that some people still enjoyed X3 (myself included), even aknowledging its flaws.
Personally, Spidey never interested me and I think the character doesn´t have the same depth as the X-Men. I agree with Nell, I think the two movies were popcorn and the second one was almost exactly the same story of the first one, only with a new villain. I´ll watch the third just for kicks, but no matter how good (or bad) it is I´ll always think of the X movies as a much better franchise.

Well i'm at work in my school Library, but i just got a Wii and i can't put that thing down!! :D

it's freaking WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO WII!

The only "Wii" I'll be yelling out about is when I get my PlayStation 3, "WHEEE!"

:p

Exactly. The reviews for Spidey 3 can be great, or they can be bad, never mind, millions of people will still watch it and it´ll be a huge hit. But X3 was a big hit too, (even if it´s not as "family movie" as Spidey or PotC) and people around here seem to forget that it didn´t receive only negative reviews, and was liked by many. Spidey can be ten times more successful than X3 or receive better reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, whatever, it doesn´t matter to me and it has nothing to do and will never change the fact that some people still enjoyed X3 (myself included), even aknowledging its flaws.
Personally, Spidey never interested me and I think the character doesn´t have the same depth as the X-Men. I agree with Nell, I think the two movies were popcorn and the second one was almost exactly the same story of the first one, only with a new villain. I´ll watch the third just for kicks, but no matter how good (or bad) it is I´ll always think of the X movies as a much better franchise.

Exactly. To me, there's just no meat to Spiderman. Everyone who hates X-Men: The Last Stand will come in and talk about how much more emotional and deeper Spiderman is than it, but I don't buy it. Spiderman is a typical superhero tale or a superpowered hero fighting super powered criminals.

The X-Men at least stand for something real, something that actually resonates throughout our real world.

To me, Spiderman just has no meat on it's bones.

They are great movies, no doubt, very well made, but X-Men is inherently the better franchise in my mind. I don't care how many more millions of dollars it makes in profit. Just as everyone around here won't acknowledge money as a factor of how good X-Men: The Last Stand is, more people seeing Spiderman 3 doesn't make it better.

But X3 was a big hit too, (even if it´s not as "family movie" as Spidey or PotC) and people around here seem to forget that it didn´t receive only negative reviews, and was liked by many.

In what sense was X3 a big hit considering it's 210million budget and 234million domestic gross? The lion's share of the worldwide gross was collected by foreign studios so in reality Fox made 20 to 30 million dollars off a 210million dollar investment.:oldrazz:

Also, what convinces you that people posting in here don't know that X3 got a few postive reviews. One of the first reviews I heard about was from Ebert and Roper who gave it two thumbs up. In typical Roger Ebert style he came up with ridiculous reasons for justifying a review that I disagree with. I almost never agree with Ebert's reviews.

It seems as though you've forgotten the significance of the title of this thread. Did you really expect the X3 haters to spend all their time talking about positive reviews in here?:whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"