Sequels Who should be the main antoganist on X-men: First Class?

I totally think it should be Graydon Creed / Friends of Humanity.

I totally think it should be Graydon Creed / Friends of Humanity.

How is that different then William Stryker, plus how are some guys with guns supposed to provide a climax to a movie about super powered beings?

the villain in this movie will be Wolverine!

basically, the kids will gang up on him and give him an a** kicking for hogging all the screen time from their future selves!!

How is that different then William Stryker, plus how are some guys with guns supposed to provide a climax to a movie about super powered beings?

Mutants are mortals. Guns can kill them.

This movie is going to be a prequel to X-Men. In the first film, the existence of mutants was something that was really just becoming public. There isn't yet a total widespread awareness of mutants. Thus, it can't be some huge epic conflict like fighting Sentinels in the middle of the city.

I think FOH would be a good way to show hor prejudice against mutants started...I mean racism/discrimination has to start somewhere and this would be fuel for Magneto's and Xavier's split...

i was rooting for sentinals, but I thik they're better suited for a possible sequel...

I think Sentinels have to appear in a prequel first. If X3 is the first ever appearance of the Sentinels that means the X-Men predicted or invented Sentinels.

I think you guys are all focusing too much on the Xavier/Magneto relationship. Remember, the movie's entitled First Class which means that it's the young/future X-Men who are likely to take centerstage with the former being a somewhat central subplot.

A lot of these villains could work as a good enemy for the First Class and to work with the Xavier/Magneto relationship.

Sinister has a strong connection to Cyclops in all of his incarnations, and Cyclops is of course heavily connected to Jean and possibly the rest of the team if he is to be the team leader. Any human-related threat would be good because all of the students have known that type of threat and they're all hoping for Xavier's dream for peace or else they wouldn't stay with him when Magento splits.

I agree, someone mentioned in another thread if Mystique & Toad would be part of team or @ the school...in X2 I loved how Eric recruited Pyro low key right from under the X-Men's noses(!!!) perhaps he could do the same while he' at the institute and Raven/Toad comes w/I would enjoy a scene if he asked Jean to be at his side knowing her full potential, but she declines. If Emma plays a part I could see her going to Eric's side(which she did in the original X-men cartoon in the 80s) & hoping Scott would join her 2...

who knows when "the split" will happen it could end the 1st act of the film or 2nd...Im thinking the 2nd act cause it will show how the team(probably)got reduced,and show how Charles & the X-Men became a united front...

Senator Creed & the Sentinels as the wedge in which drives Mags & Prof. X. apart... he sees what lengths humanity will go to to contain them, and can't stand to try and coexist anymore

sequel Mags teams up with Sinister

I dont see the sentinels in the 80's really....

the mutants are supposedly hidden in the main trilogy, so how on earth will the goverment send them to the big cities, with a young x-team trying to stop them? lol

Like I said before, the first Sentinel story in the comics was not the Sentinels rampaging in the streets but the X-Men going the to the secluded Sentinel base to shut down production once and for all. It was only later stories that had them as government programs and what not. The first story was just them being invented privately and the inventor, Trask, didn't announce them to the world until after he already built a sizable army of them. All they would have to do to make that story work is remove the part about the scientist announcing Sentinels to the world. The X-Men Evolution had a similar private development except that the prototype Sentinel is what ended up exposing mutants to the general public when it was put into action. In that continuity, Trask was a former government agent and he started working on the Sentinels because he found out about mutants through SHIELD. X-Men Origins: Wolverine has certain government sects aware of mutants so it would be easy to work that it.

I think makes perfect sense to get the Sentinels in the prequel. Like I said, if they show up after X3 that makes their presence in X3 a possible continuity error or at least extremely questionable. It means the X-Men were the very first people to think up the idea of a Sentinel since they had never seen a Sentinel before and included it in their Danger Room. Plus, it would be a perfect catalyst for Magneto and Xavier splitting.

Last edited:
Like I said before, the first Sentinel story in the comics was not the Sentinels rampaging in the streets but the X-Men going the to the secluded Sentinel base to shut down production once and for all. It was only later stories that had them as government programs and what not. The first story was just them being invented privately and the inventor, Trask, didn't announce them to the world until after he already built a sizable army of them. All they would have to do to make that story work is remove the part about the scientist announcing Sentinels to the world. The X-Men Evolution had a similar private development except that the prototype Sentinel is what ended up exposing mutants to the general public when it was put into action. In that continuity, Trask was a former government agent and he started working on the Sentinels because he found out about mutants through SHIELD. X-Men Origins: Wolverine has certain government sects aware of mutants so it would be easy to work that it.

I think makes perfect sense to get the Sentinels in the prequel. Like I said, if they show up after X3 that makes their presence in X3 a possible continuity error or at least extremely questionable. It means the X-Men were the very first people to think up the idea of a Sentinel since they had never seen a Sentinel before and included it in their Danger Room. Plus, it would be a perfect catalyst for Magneto and Xavier splitting.

I like it.

I would like to see a human villian similar to X-Men:Children of the atom
heading up a anti Mutant group.And at end Magneto kills him over Xavier's
objections to symblize his break with Xavier.The events could set the stage for the registation act move In the first X-Men.

Now If they want to use Sentinles that can work as well.

I would not complain In using Sinster but I would like a threat that shows
to magneto he can no longer work with Xavier.

I'm just tired of human villains.

certainly not as main antagonist, but, would anyone else be interested in having blob show up in this movie, as one of their first actually fights as a team

I mean, he was one of they earliest villains from the comic...

I could see a scene playing out kinda like in x-men evolution, they go out to try to recruit him at like a carnival or truck show, something like that

Xavier has a few of the students (Scott, Jean, Beast, Storm) along with him, just for suppose, and maybe to show them recruiting process, he approaches Blob, and he like freaks out on him (having had a bad experience with being recruited to a mutant team in the past, with the weapon x program) and they end up in a big fight with him

maybe, this could be one of the first public displays of mutant activity, that leads to the forming of the friends of humanity ( friends of humanity, mainly consisting of a bunch of red necks, that you usually find at this kind of truck rally lol)

Last edited:
Wasn't he killed in Wolverine?

It may of been hinted at in the movie (and kinda more they hinted at in the deleted scenes, but, deleted scenes don't count) if you didn't see, it didn't happen... (just ask the Cyclops fans who are still in denial about, his death in x3 lol) so, I say he could still be out there

Last edited:
what was said in XO: Wolverine about Blob's supposed death? I wasnt about to watch the deleted scenes.

When Sabretooth met Wraith, Wraith said something about his creepy black coat not scaring him. Sabretooth then said "It worked on Dukes." Then Wraith got pissed off, saying "That's too bad, because now I have to kill you", which implies that Sabretooth meant he killed the Blob.

Ok, this is just a theory and based soley on the comics from past, present and some possible future ones that are near to release.

Now, i figured that First Class is going to be about the original five mutants although minus Angel and Iceman and probably replaced by Storm and possibly Banshee... would make some sense as his daughter is at the school by x2.

First off i want to refer to the following comics... X-Men: Children Of The Atom, X-Men: First Class - series, and X-Men Legacy, sins of the father and all that story basically.

Now we know the writers take alot from the comics, alot of the scenes in X-Men 3 played havey homage to that. Which i think ruined it to be honest.

But, look at it logically what are the key componants in the above formentioned comics...

1. - Xavier starts his school
2. - The relationship Xavier has with Magneto
3. - The reason why Xavier needed X-Men
4. - The teams interactions with each other
5. - The early days of the x-men
6. - The Villian

Now the particular villian i have in mind, bear in mind is a favorite but believe he will be used because he would fit perfectly... firstly just want to say when i thought x-men first class. I didnt what my favorite villian to be in it because i thought the movie would be too different direction and this villian would be perfect for x4. But saying that now that singer is back and a decent script will be written i re-read my comics...especially x-men legacy and thought about something...

The Villian clearly has to be Sinister.

The one thing that isnt apparent in the x-men movies is how xavier and magneto came to there ideology... now ideology comes from being taught ideas and inspiration from a source... If you read the X-Mne legacy comics you would realise that Xavier was manipulated by Sinister... The whole concept of the X-Men is tainted by SINISTER.

So what if you had Xavier and Magneto best of friends torn apart by Sinisters ideology meddling. He was the inspiration for Xavier into thinking mutation is a beautfle thing that should be aviable for everyone. Where as Sinister was the guy who inspired The high evolutionary who worked in wundagor where magnetos children are...

Difference between the two... High evolutionary believed that Mutation is the future... as Magneto believes Mutants are superior beings

where as Sinister believes mutation should be something everyone could have... inhabiting a Peaceful mind set taught to xavier... even though sinister has no morals which is why Sinisters ideas in a person with a concious would lead to a mind like xaviers ideology.

So theory wise... Im bettering Sinister will be the villian in a domino effect like story, because of him two friends have a split of ideology that cause the war between mutants.

The following could all coexist in this film:

Proteus: His story would be the initial presentation of the idea that some mutants pose a danger to themselves and others, which gives reason for Xavier to place mental blocks on Jean and accept Jason into the school to redeem himself for what could happen to Proteus in this film. His story could rationalize Magneto's persistence in trying to work with Jean as the Phoenix in X3, as well, as he would likely have been the person to stand in Proteus' way of being the destructive force he would ultimately become. It would also give an opportunity to introduce Moira MacTaggert's relationship with Xavier.

Mr. Sinister: His experiments/treatments, ideology about mutants in society, and obsession with the Summers family (or just Cyclops for this film) could respectively tie into the theme of maturation (for one, relating to the young X-Men coming into their own), be a reason for Xavier and Magneto's split, and foreshadow the events of X3 (to a point) and potentially X4.

Hellfire Club: Emma Frost was in XO:W, so it's likely that she'll be involved in this film as a student. If she becomes a member of the club in the film, that could explain why she is absent in the other X-films.

About the Sentinels, when Xavier explained that he'd seen what the government may be planning for the mutant "problem", I believe that details of the Sentinels may have been involved in the documents, so that would explain why one was in the Danger Room exercise in X3.

I think that this movie would function best as a film that is mostly contained within mutant society to view its politics and conflicts specific within it, which could signal Xavier and Magneto's later rift. Perhaps, to foreshadow how humans react to mutants in X1, upon observing mutants, Graydon Creed could contact Senator Kelly in some fashion to alert Kelly of what he sees as a looming problem.

Last edited:
I'm just tired of human villains.

We only had 1 human antagonist and that was Stryker in X2 & XMO:W, so another human antagonist is needed, in "First Class" their could be potential for introducing; Graydon Creed/FOH, Henry P. Gyrich(since he was killed by Sabretooth & Mystique impersonated him in X1), younger Sen. Kelly(but not as Sen. but running canidate) & Trask, they all coud have some kind of connection in First Class, I'm thinking Sentinel and/or imprisonment of mutants on Genosha where they are manufacturing Sentinels and after their defeat by the X-Men they all part ways setting up for later appearances in X1-X3

Holy crap. I forgot about Sen. Kelly. I think he'll likely be in this film too.

Seeing Senator Kelly could be interesting considering how quickly they killed him off in the main series. Maybe they could use this to show his first encounter with the concept of mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"