Sequels Who should be the main antoganist on X-men: First Class?

YES!!! For some reason my mind keeps going back to that epi. of X-Men:Tas, THE FINAL DECISION, where Gyrich, Trask,Kelly are involved w/the creation of Sentinels on isloated location and the X-Men band together w/Magneto and defeat them...that would be an epic climax

I do agree that we need to see why Sen.Kelly was anti-mutant and when did the Mutant Registration Act take place(now wld Eric like this or wld Xavier oppose this and that would be another reason for their split, seeing how in X1 @ the hearing Jean was opposing the act being reintroduce)

Here's my vote, Proteus but with a twist. Proteus is one of the good mutants on the team but he seems reckless, we see Magneto drawn to that recklessness. The main villain would be the shadow King. Eventually Proteus would get possesed by the shadow King and Magneto would Kill proteus thus destroying the shadow king and this would be the split from Xavier and Mags

YES!!! For some reason my mind keeps going back to that epi. of X-Men:Tas, THE FINAL DECISION, where Gyrich, Trask,Kelly are involved w/the creation of Sentinels on isloated location and the X-Men band together w/Magneto and defeat them...that would be an epic climax

I do agree that we need to see why Sen.Kelly was anti-mutant and when did the Mutant Registration Act take place(now wld Eric like this or wld Xavier oppose this and that would be another reason for their split, seeing how in X1 @ the hearing Jean was opposing the act being reintroduce)
I was almost thinking, maybe, they could do the principal Kelly, thing (like in x-men evolution) like maybe he was the principal of Scott's old school, he witnesses what Scott did to his school, but, people dismissed his crazy allegations, about a boy with laser eyes, he gets fired, and every believe him to be insane...
until mutant become publicly known about, and then everyone is like, "oh, so, he wasn't crazy after all"....

also, on a side note, does anyone else remember that, Special The Mutant Watch Featurette, they made to promote the first movie, showing him campaigning, making speeches about mutants, and then it’s revealed that his own daughter is a mutant (it was in the special features on the DVD)
I'll see if I can't find it on line....

Edit: found it
[YT]Nv4aXVqNDDw[/YT]
[YT]kVOvtgyKpOo[/YT]
[YT]LvQkAggcifM[/YT]

Last edited:
Like I said before, the first Sentinel story in the comics was not the Sentinels rampaging in the streets but the X-Men going the to the secluded Sentinel base to shut down production once and for all. It was only later stories that had them as government programs and what not. The first story was just them being invented privately and the inventor, Trask, didn't announce them to the world until after he already built a sizable army of them. All they would have to do to make that story work is remove the part about the scientist announcing Sentinels to the world. The X-Men Evolution had a similar private development except that the prototype Sentinel is what ended up exposing mutants to the general public when it was put into action. In that continuity, Trask was a former government agent and he started working on the Sentinels because he found out about mutants through SHIELD. X-Men Origins: Wolverine has certain government sects aware of mutants so it would be easy to work that it.

I think makes perfect sense to get the Sentinels in the prequel. Like I said, if they show up after X3 that makes their presence in X3 a possible continuity error or at least extremely questionable. It means the X-Men were the very first people to think up the idea of a Sentinel since they had never seen a Sentinel before and included it in their Danger Room. Plus, it would be a perfect catalyst for Magneto and Xavier splitting.

perfect someone who gets it :)

In my mind a perfect film would be where the Senator is trying to get the MRA's passed, then program the data into the Sentinels- no registered mutant would be safe, and have them hunt down and capture mutants discretley, and as Singer invisioned, they wouldn't be 20' tall, but more humanoid sized

this final straw pushes Mags to the other side (maybe have some scenes where he sees detainment centers where captured muties are trapped like rats)

Last edited:
Mutants are mortals. Guns can kill them.

This movie is going to be a prequel to X-Men. In the first film, the existence of mutants was something that was really just becoming public. There isn't yet a total widespread awareness of mutants. Thus, it can't be some huge epic conflict like fighting Sentinels in the middle of the city.

Storm controls the weather, that out classes some guys with guns, Cyclops optic beams are more more powerful then guns, Jean can disarm those guys instantly with her powers. THe FOH would be the underdog if they are the villains, whioch would n't be very dramatic, not mention they redundant considering we already have William Stryker in the movies. How you supposed to have a dramatic final conflict at the end of the movie if the heroes out class the villains?

The FOH should be a minor antoganist in these films, not the main villain.

proteus, mr sinister, the sentinels

and i left out the hellfire club. i wouldnt mind them being included. but i dont want them as the baddies. maybe if First Class was broken up into two movies.... which i think would be brilliant bc there is sooooooo much to tell. soooo much potential.

Magneto is instrumental to the success of the franchise I think that the Sentil program must be re-visited.

Sinister or Proteus are good villains with lots of cinematic potential.

I'd love to see Sentinels though i think it's a little too early for their introduction.They'd be a better fit in a possible future x-men team movie imo.:o

Singer likes Proteus so he's probably considering him for First Class.

January 29, 2001 — The chances of Bryan Singer returning to direct the "X-Men" sequel are "looking good," a Marvel representative told the Comics Continuum. There originally were plans for other characters to appear in "X-Men". "Gambit and Beast are two characters I miss terribly," Singer said. "Beast was in the script for a while, but then when you've got Mystique with nine hours of makeup and these challenges, you have to choose your battles. "But there are many characters we'd like to have, from Nightcrawler to Proteus to Gambit. Some interesting characters. Some which might translate well to film, and some which might not as easily and some that won't translate until technology advances another 20 years."
Bryan Singer Cinemax Chat recap

June 11, 2001

Other quick points of interest are that Singer stated that one of his faovrite comic episodes of X-Men include the graphic novel "God Loves, Man Kills", and that one of his favorite episodes of the cartoon show was the one which featured the villain Proteus.
SOURCE: 1 2

Interesting!!!

Im starting to want Proteus... :)

What version/interpretation of Proteus would people want?

And why is he a better choice than Sinister?

The double post mutant struck...

What version/interpretation of Proteus would people want?

And why is he a better choice than Sinister?

I think the comic book version of Proteus would be fine. Of course, I wouldn't expect a literal translation, as one isn't necessary. The storyline could be interesting though, and Proteus could provide some good visuals. I would also like to see more of Moira and her relationship with Xavier, and possibly Magneto, and the inclusion of Proteus could provide for that.

As for Sinister, I don't necessarily think Proteus is a better choice. Both characters have potential, and either one works for me.

They need a villian who will make Magneto realize he can no longer work with
Xavier due to their beliefs.Now If they go with the COmic version of Proteus
of being Isolated from the world while Moira works to try to find a cure for
him which helps drive him mad could drive the point of Magneto Humans
want to contain and eventullly destroy them.Protues can not be the Innocent
figure from the animated series for this to work.

I'd like to see the first movie deal with a villain like Proteus. Nothing too complex, and something kids could handle. They're just learning to deal with their powers and probably aren't that confident, so I think Proteus would be a good match.

But have another villain be introduced that leads to a sequel. Either have Sinister and somehow involve Gambit, or have the Hellfire Club and involve Emma. I think both concepts would work great, and give Gambit or Emma purpose. But this is assuming there's a sequel, which may not happen.

They need a villian who will make Magneto realize he can no longer work with
Xavier due to their beliefs.Now If they go with the COmic version of Proteus
of being Isolated from the world while Moira works to try to find a cure for
him which helps drive him mad could drive the point of Magneto Humans
want to contain and eventullly destroy them.Protues can not be the Innocent
figure from the animated series for this to work.

The only thing I worry about with Proteus is that he could be too similar to Jean, given her setup in The Last Stand (a caged being with limitless psionic power Xavier is trying to cure). Then again, there could be some interesting parallels.

Maybe the situation with Proteus might convince Xavier that containing power is necessary. Magneto believes they shouldn't try to restrict their gifts so after the Proteus incident he might oppose Xavier's new outlook and his method of dealing with Jean's growing powers.

I'd like to see the Sentinels or Mr. Sinister. Mr. Sinister would be a great movie villain... if done right. The sentinels would make for some awesome fight scenes.

Sinister Would be so cool to see I hope he is the main Villain in First Class.

The only thing I worry about with Proteus is that he could be too similar to Jean, given her setup in The Last Stand (a caged being with limitless psionic power Xavier is trying to cure).

This is my worry. Plus, he has reality-warping powers that are similar to the illusions caused by Jason (although Proteus's reality changes are physical in nature, not mental projections).

It's why I'm gravitating towards Sinister as my own preferred choice. Plus, Sinister ties in with Cyclops.

Other than those two, there is always the Shadow King.

Shadwow King could be interesting too, and his inclusion could shed more light on Storm's background.

making "first class" a hellfire club related movie would be gr8 especially w/emma frost more than likely being on the x-men in this flick.

also, throw in some sentinels for good measure. i can actually see that happening now considering giant robots are super popular and box-office-gold.

Sinister or Proteus are good villains with lots of cinematic potential.

I'd love to see Sentinels though i think it's a little too early for their introduction.They'd be a better fit in a possible future x-men team movie imo.:o

Singer likes Proteus so he's probably considering him for First Class.

SOURCE: 1 2

I think an article from 2001 is not a good indiction of what villains will appear in a movie that will be made in 2011. Singer could have different idea of how he is going to make perquel now, that would be different from his plans to make a sequel in 2001.

IMHO it should be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Blob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"