If you think about it logically, God can't exist.

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
When you look at the subject of whether or not God exists from a logical point of view, there is little to no logic behind the existence of God.

The only "proof" of the existence of God is various different documents, such as the Bible, insitutions such as the Church, and these things have been written and created by MAN. You trace it back as far as it can go and you won't find God, you'll just find a guy that believes he is the Messiah telling people to go off and believe in God.

The the old days, they had a much better excuse for buying into the religion fad. What the hell is that big warm yellow thing that rises every day?? What are all those sparkily things in the sky?? How did we end up here?? Those types of questions, and many others, easily answered by saying "God did it".

Now we know better. We know what the Sun is, what the planets are, what the stars are, we can trace their existence back through scientific means. We know roughly what age the planet is. Science says that the Earth is very very old, but if you were to believe the hardcore Christians who refuse to listen to logic, they will tell you the Earth can't be very old at all "cause the bible says so". Once upon a time, Christians would have told you the Earth is the centre of the Universe. Few Christians these days are dumb enough to tell you that. We are just one planet in millions of billions. The universe is very, very, VERY ****ing big, our planet compared to it is tiny. Our existence really is quite insignificant.

Religion in the old days existed for three reasons. One, to explain things because no other explanation was available. Two, because life used to be quite ****ing hard for most people, people died very early, and people needed to believe that there was something better. Three, because religion makes it easy for the powerful to control the masses.

Some people would say that you need religion to tell you right from wrong. These people are truely dilluded. What an unhealthy attitude and thought process. That's the beaf I have with religion, it can be used in a way where people actually dillude themselves. You need someone else to tell you right from wrong??? We are all born with a concience. From a very, very early age we learn right from wrong. And it's not from religion, it's not from our parents. As tiny children, we recognise things that hurts us, and in turn realise that it hurts other people too. We learn from experience and observation what right and wrong is. It's a species survival thing really.

Believing in God is kinda like believing in Santa Clause. In fact, there is no diffference.

What is the difference in believing that some fat guy comes down your chimney and gives you presents, only because your parents say so, and believing that God exists, simply because books dating back a few thousand years say so.

What about the unexplained? Outer body experiences, claims of God speaking directly to you, etc, things of that nature? There is a scientific basis for everything. If something is currently unexplained by science, then one day it will be. The things I mentioned, they all have at least hints of a scientific explanation.

Religion is and always has been about having a leap of faith. You can't believe in God's existence without a leap of faith. And having a leap of faith is the very absence of logical thinking.

Do you know who is really annoying? Really comfortable, middle class suburban Christian kids. At least poor working class folk from the middle ages had a good excuse. Their lives were ****ty, they needed to believe there was something better.

this is a silly topic.

i don't believe in God, but i resect that many people do. you're right, it's all about about faith. in fact, that's the idea behind every religion. some people NEED something to believe in. that's what God is all about.

there's no point in you trying to convince people that He doesn't exist.

KD . . . 2 words for you: No Shyt. That's why it's called FAITH . . .

You're making the mistake of assuming that a "God" or creator has to be tied to one of the world's organized religions.

The impossibly intricate order and inter-connectedness of everything from the way the human body regulates blood sugar levels, to the complex symbiotic relationships found in nature to the fact that time necessarily must be traced backwards to a "first moment", definitely can indicate an intelligence at work, just as surely as finding a pocket watch on the beach indicates that SOMEone SOMEwhere designed and built it.

It's wAy more preposterous to find a pocket watch on the beach and assume that all of it's tiny cogs and springs just spontaneously organized themselves in such a perfectly workable fashion.

And, uh...do you have any iDEA how much more complex the human brain is than a freaking pocket watch?

But as for religion, yes, it's one thing we agree on. It's absurd.

Frankly, I'm just not in the mood for a twelve page argument over whether God exists, in which (I've said it before, I'll say it again) nothing is gained, and the only things lost are IQ points. This thread has been done. Too many times. It's old. We get it.

What JLBats said. What's the point of this thread? This is the kind of threads that start flame wars and repetitive heated debates. :o

Why do u only mention Christians, they are not the only ones who believe in God or gods.

kainedamo said:
Editted...
Believing in God is kinda like believing in Santa Clause. In fact, there is no diffference.
What is the difference in believing that some fat guy comes down your chimney and gives you presents, only because your parents say so, and believing that God exists, simply because books dating back a few thousand years say so.
... You've pointed out the major flaw in your 'Satan Claus' analogy right there... Santa only goes back so far, to a point where man has been able to prove he doesn't exist. Currently no such proof exists in that same respect for God. Who (in some form) has seemingly been around as long as man (again, something you stated).

Because the Christian God is the only God that matters? :confused:

You seem to indicate that science exposes the lack of God but I disagree. I think it only exposes him more. When you see how vastly complex our planet is and the probablity of there being life at all, I just become more and more convinced that God is real.

Do we fully understand God from the Bible and other texts? No, not really. He is too complex and unfathomable because He is so OTHER than us. We are like cavemen trying to figure out and describe a space station. It's impossible, we don't have enough language to even begin. This doesn't mean He doesn't exist, only that we are too small to see the whole great big picture. :)

Wilhelm-Scream said:
You're making the mistake of assuming that a "God" or creator has to be tied to one of the world's organized religions.

The impossibly intricate order and inter-connectedness of everything from the way the human body regulates blood sugar levels, to the complex symbiotic relationships found in nature to the fact that time necessarily must be traced backwards to a "first moment", definitely can indicate an intelligence at work, just as surely as finding a pocket watch on the beach indicates that SOMEone SOMEwhere designed and built it.

It's wAy more preposterous to find a pocket watch on the beach and assume that all of it's tiny cogs and springs just spontaneously organized themselves in such a perfectly workable fashion.

And, uh...do you have any iDEA how much more complex the human brain is than a freaking pocket watch?

But as for religion, yes, it's one thing we agree on. It's absurd.

THANKS, WHILMY.......WELL PUT. :up:

JLBats said:
Frankly, I'm just not in the mood for a twelve page argument over whether God exists, in which (I've said it before, I'll say it again) nothing is gained, and the only things lost are IQ points. This thread has been done. Too many times. It's old. We get it.

Yeah, never seen anything positive come out of one of these topics. You come out with a headache after about 20 pages and nobody's moved an inch.

In any case, approaching 'God' with 'logic' is doomed from the start. You have to have 'faith' in something you can't see, that at the jump goes against logic. Hell's the point?:down

I'd laugh if Wilhelm gets to heaven and Jesus and Moses and Buddha and Muhammed are standing beside each other with twin ass-paddles, sneering in delight.

Well logically, how can you explain the formation of the universe or how a womb forms?

Look, you have every right not to believe in God, but why do you have to do this for people who do believe? How will your theory positively effect believers?

what's sad is that he took the time to write this topic, as if anyone would really care or be like..."you know what? he's right! God is fake! science rules!"

LAME.

You're an idiot to argue either way about it

Tangled Web said:
Well logically, how can you explain the formation of the universe or how a womb forms?
I agree with you and will repeat myself by adding that we simply cannot KNOW everything, we are too young in the grand scheme of things. It's more illogical to completely discount something that cannot be proven emphaticially either way than to say maybe there is a possiblity that God does exist.

theShape said:
what's sad is that he took the time to write this topic, as if anyone would really care or be like..."you know what? he's right! God is fake! science rules!"

LAME.

WELL, TO BE FAIR, IT WORKED OUT FOR L. RON HUBBARD (ACCEPT FOR WHEN GOD KILLED HIS SORRY ASS FOR BEING A HEATHEN BLASPHEMER). :o

squeekness said:
I agree with you and will repeat myself by adding that we simply cannot KNOW everything, we are too young in the grand scheme of things. It's more illogical to completely discount something that cannot be proven emphaticially either way than to say maybe there is a possiblity that God does exist.

Is it logical to believe in God, but also believe he has no clue where he's going with this whole "humanity" thing?

"Huh... what if NOW, the Americans go to war against Vietnam?! That could keep things lively! Brilliant! Entertainment Weekly will eat this up!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"