Let's talk...religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you saying, that it is not the nature of the thread that is not allowed but eventually everyone starts flaming each other close to 4 pages in?

otherwise a mod woulda locked it straight away?

They're probably discussing what to do in their special Mod Section.

Though I'm leaning more towards the thread collapsing into a flame war before they decide what to do.

So,while we're waiting for the lock,maybe IH can clear something up.You said Deist's believe "God created the world and universe and then left."

A. What makes you think that?

And

B. Where did He go and why?
You didn't read it with proper attention, what i said was

The agnostic part is about the creator itself.
Deism believes that God created the world and universe and then left.
I'm not opposed to the idea of God, but i can not say that i believe in him.
Because the question "do you believe in God?" always addresses the biblical God, i say no, i don't believe in the biblical God.
But since i have no idea what God is, but i believe it's not something/someone that you can limit by a standard definition, i can not be opposed to the belief of his existence.
I'm agnostic when it comes to the belief in God.
I'm not opposed to that idea, but i can not say i believe as well, as such, i can not say that "he created the universe and then he left".
I'm AGNOSTIC deist.

Even so, the belief of God creating the universe and then leaving, comes from the fact that, God is nowhere to be seen or found.
One can say that he has God in his heart or anything in this terms, but that is not provable in any way or form, so, as such, God is nowhere.
But Deism also believe in God, that God created everything, God designed the world and universe, and chose evolution as his tool (imagine the Big Bang theory as being God creating the universe).
As such, Deism believes that God created everything and then left, not because he didn't liked what he created, but because he left us to live by our own terms (that's why there is evil and alike).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back