People who don't believe in God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseman

Superhero
Reaction score
I don't believe in God, I have no religion, I just can't have faith in something like that. Having said that though, I've noticed how athiests, especially on these boards seem to get some sort of pleasure out of mocking God or people who believe in a higher power. Why is that? It almost makes me sick to be in the same category as some of you people. Why do people who believe bother you so much? Why are you all so smug about not believing? Is it masking fear? Because as much as I don't believe in God, it brings me no joy to think that once we die we are just no more. I don't feel enlightened like some of you other people do to not believe we have souls that take us to a better place when we die. What makes other peoples faith sound so horrible to you? And why can't you just mind your own business and let people have their faith rather than making rude remarks about religion and God every chance you get? People today have no moral fiber it seems like. So for all those people who think religion was made up to put us in our place, well most of you people obviously should've been put in your place a long time ago and it's a shame how immature you are to people who have a different view then you

I agree with you. I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is, though. If it's just a commentary, then...should we leave it at that? What do you want us to discuss?

Wiseman said:
Because as much as I don't believe in God, it brings me no joy to think that once we die we are just no more.
That's interesting; it brings me no joy, but it does actually give me some comfort.

Last edited:
You seem to be ranting about a minority of nonbelievers here, so why use such a blanket statement in your title?

You seem to be ranting about a minority of nonbelievers here, so why use such a blanket statement in your title?

It doesn't seem to be a minority in here, I don't think a lot of people realize how disrespectful they are to people with different beliefs then them inside these boards. And my title is what the thread is about.

I don't believe in God, I have no religion, I just can't have faith in something like that. Having said that though, I've noticed how athiests, especially on these boards seem to get some sort of pleasure out of mocking God or people who believe in a higher power. Why is that? It almost makes me sick to be in the same category as some of you people. Why do people who believe bother you so much? Why are you all so smug about not believing? Is it masking fear? Because as much as I don't believe in God, it brings me no joy to think that once we die we are just no more. I don't feel enlightened like some of you other people do to not believe we have souls that take us to a better place when we die. What makes other peoples faith sound so horrible to you? And why can't you just mind your own business and let people have their faith rather than making rude remarks about religion and God every chance you get? People today have no moral fiber it seems like. So for all those people who think religion was made up to put us in our place, well most of you people obviously should've been put in your place a long time ago and it's a shame how immature you are to people who have a different view then you

Because they are human, they don't understand how some one can have faith and therefore they mock it. Same way supposed Christians condemn nonbelievers.

While I believe in God. I know there are people here that don't believe. I've pointed out why I believe before, hopefully, one day, you will see. Until then, do as you've been doing.
I don't fully understand it, but I try to respect it.

Because they are human, they don't understand how some one can have faith and therefore they mock it. Same way supposed Christians condemn nonbelievers.

While I believe in God. I know there are people here that don't believe. I've pointed out why I believe before, hopefully, one day, you will see. Until then, do as you've been doing.
And that's why nonbelievers on this board hate on people who do believe.

Oh Hell, I don't even care about stuff like that. It just seems like a waste of energy to me. I'd rather just let it be.

?? Read his entire post. The part that you highlighted may support what you said, but not the whole thing.

I respect a person's right to believe. However, that does not mean that I have to respect what they believe.

I'm a christian and I've never condemned anyone.... except maybe someone who rapes and murders little kids or throws puppies off a bridge or something. I don't expect or demand folks to believe as I do. It's their choice. :)

I'm a christian and I've never condemned anyone.... except maybe someone who rapes and murders little kids or throws puppies off a bridge or something. I don't expect or demand folks to believe as I do. It's their choice. :)
And that's why we get along. :up:

But I'm still not quitting puppy tossing. :o

One day you'll come back as a puppy no one wants and then you'll be sorry. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member