Let's talk...religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm Agnostic Deist

> I don't see organized religion as an authority of anything, but they own mind
> I belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of a Creator

The agnostic part is about the creator itself.
Deism believes that God created the world and universe and then left.
I'm not opposed to the idea of God, but i can not say that i believe in him.
Because the question "do you believe in God?" always addresses the biblical God, i say no, i don't believe in the biblical God.
But since i have no idea what God is, but i believe it's not something/someone that you can limit by a standard definition, i can not be opposed to the belief of his existence.

I'm also eclectic/syncretic, i take several beliefs from several sources:

Unitarian Universalism
- Religion is a matter of individual experience, and that, therefore, only the individual can decide what to believe.
- In the end, everyone is "saved". From the vilest of people to the kindest one.
- There i no punishment/reward system

Spiritism/Spiritualism
- I believe we are soul and not body. The body is a vessel, a "car", and the soul is the "driver".
- I believe in the afterlife

Hinduism/Buddhism
- I believe in reincarnation....but i don't believe in Karma

Now you, what do you believe in and why?
Feel free to post any question if you want.

As far as I know there is still a blanket ban on religion threads.

Dis be goin' byebye.

I consider myself a non-denominational Christian. I also wonder how quickly this thread will derail and get closed by the mods. They put a lockdown on religious threads as of late

Really?
I haven't been to this boards in a very long time, but i didn't knew there was some anti-religious movement going on.
I'm not a religious person in any way or form, i was just curious.

Not so much an anti-religious movement as some people don't take discussion very well so it's just not talked about.

Isildur´s Heir;29841819 said:
Really?
I haven't been to this boards in a very long time, but i didn't knew there was some anti-religious movement going on.
I'm not a religious person in any way or form, i was just curious.

If you're wondering, there were once an atheist thread, Jesus thread, an a Cthulhu thread. But they're all closed so the hype isn't exactly religious friendly.

Didn't knew that...
I do remember when threads got derailed all the time

And the the Cthuy thread which ever did anyone any harm (not for lack of trying mind you) was closed for no good reason.

Essentially,people couldn't handle discussions on worldviews that were not their own and started looking to label certain posters.

So the Mods (and yeah this is speculation on my part) decided if you can't handle people discussing their faith without going into a tizzy,the religious threads should be closed.The Atheism thread also went down as to not appear to show favoritism.

Isildur´s Heir;29841935 said:
So, i guess you are not a Muslim, i'm i right?

there are a lot of things lately about the organized religion and the concept of organized religion in general that piss me off,

but I believe in 1, omnipotent, eternal, almighty superior entity that is so incomprehensible that it cannot be compared to incomparability. (I know that's not a real world) the word for that to me is god, not some wizard guy with a long beard and a staff sitting on a throne up in the sky.

I believe in 1 god and the prophets sent written in the Qur'an, so by technical terms yes I am Muslim.

I also don't eat pork. And try not to drink alcohol which I'm able to maintain for the most part.

there are a lot of things lately about the organized religion and the concept of organized religion in general that piss me off,

but I believe in 1, omnipotent, eternal, almighty superior entity that is so incomprehensible that it cannot be compared to incomparability. (I know that's not a real world) the word for that to me is god, not some wizard guy with a long beard and a staff sitting on a throne up in the sky.

I believe in 1 god and the prophets sent written in the Qur'an, so by technical terms yes I am Muslim.

Agreed, but from a Christian perspective my friend. :highfive:

Agreed, but from a Christian perspective my friend. :highfive:

cool man :word: I'm sure there may be others who think like us as well. meaning they were either raised or still part of an organized religion but believe that the 1 god is the most important thing.

so uhh, is this thread supposed to get locked?? lol

Give it time. I say around the middle of page 4.

cool man :word: I'm sure there may be others who think like us as well. meaning they were either raised or still part of an organized religion but believe that the 1 god is the most important thing.

so uhh, is this thread supposed to get locked?? lol

I think the mods are feeling things out.But I guess once the usual suspects act up,it'll be closed.:oldrazz:

Locked or booted into a black hole.

Give it time. I say around the middle of page 4.

what are you saying, that it is not the nature of the thread that is not allowed but eventually everyone starts flaming each other close to 4 pages in?

otherwise a mod woulda locked it straight away?

I think the mods are feeling things out.But I guess once the usual suspects act up,it'll be closed.:oldrazz:

I dunno who those may be

this'll be fun tho. let's see what happens. after today though don't expect to see me on SHH! for a while

I think they might want to see if we'd matured any over the past few months.

I'm thinking there's betting on how long until it goes kablooey without intervention.

So,while we're waiting for the lock,maybe IH can clear something up.You said Deist's believe "God created the world and universe and then left."

A. What makes you think that?

And

B. Where did He go and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member