If You Want To Be My Lounge-r, You Gotta Get With My Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewwww, babies. Yuck!

Doth Mother know you weareth her Lounge? Thread

ComicChick, you're very smart & cool. You get through this. You have a job and ability to get more.

thanks

Hello, is that you, my life? :csad:

ha

CC why do you feel like a loser for not having kids at 26?! I'm 29 and in no rush to change dirty diapers or wake up to constant crying. Worry about that stuff in your 30s.

i dunno. i guess i just realized that a lot of my friends are marrying and having kids and doing what they want with their lives and i just feel stuck. i don't really want kids right now, but i do want them someday. i think im just thinking about kids cuz my family reunion is coming up and there's gonna be a lot of babies and kids there

I wouldn't mind being a father in my 30s, but I wish I had a child or two now
Sadly, I can't afford a wife either

thanks

ha

i dunno. i guess i just realized that a lot of my friends are marrying and having kids and doing what they want with their lives and i just feel stuck. i don't really want kids right now, but i do want them someday. i think im just thinking about kids cuz my family reunion is coming up and there's gonna be a lot of babies and kids there

Jeez you think too much. Stop worrying, you're 26, not 46. When you have kids you'll long for the days you had your freedom... and sleep. Maybe it's easier because I'm a guy, but honestly I don't want kids until I'm in my mid 30s.

I don't want kids just because I can barely take care of myself let alone a child. That an I'd be the worst father ever.
"Daddy, I can't reach the bowls."
"Well, guess you can't have cereal till you hit puberty, kiddo."

I had a cactus once. Something that needs water about once a month. It died from neglect.

Yeah, I'm obviously not mature enough to take care of a kid yet.

Jeez you think too much. Stop worrying, you're 26, not 46. When you have kids you'll long for the days you had your freedom... and sleep. Maybe it's easier because I'm a guy, but honestly I don't want kids until I'm in my mid 30s.
I'm 28 and a chick and sloooowly coming around to kids (at least getting more patient around my coworker's kids)....but they're just way too much responsibility for me right now!

My coworker is basically a single mom with two kids (6 and 2, a WONDERFUL age. :oldrazz: ) and she literally has no time to think. It's either work or kids, 24/7. No downtime at all. I'm hoping to have a more supportive partner than she does, but yeah...still not ready to give up my "me" time just yet! For a low-key introvert such as myself, it isn't just selfish, but for the sake of my own sanity. :o

Last edited:
There's that stereotype about chicks not having kids ending up being spinsters or old maids and ****. Even the most progressive females start to feel the squeeze at some point, ridiculous as it may be.

There's that stereotype about chicks not having kids ending up being spinsters or old maids and ****. Even the most progressive females start to feel the squeeze at some point, ridiculous as it may be.
Could be hormones. A friend of mine knew she NEVER wanted kids, but was inexplicably itching for babies after she hit 30. She stuck to her logic and kept on using condoms and...no kids still. But it happened to her even though she absolutely knew she never wanted kids.

Truth.

I wish there were more old maids and spinsters. The world's overpopulated as it is.

See, that's why if you like dudes, then you don't have to worry about procreating. Unless you're a chick. Righteous.

Truth.

I wish there were more old maids and spinsters. The world's overpopulated as it is.
There's also the rub that the more intelligent and educated people are having less kids, while it's the less educated people having more kids.

Well um...there will always be plenty of people ready to take your order at McD's, I suppose? :funny:

To be fair, smart kids can come from all walks of life, but aptitude normally doesn't spring up from nowhere.

Then you have the chicks who view their pets as their "kids", but they would probably be even bigger red flags.

There's also the rub that the more intelligent and educated people are having less kids, while it's the less educated people having more kids.

Oh crap, you know what that means, right? More Republicans. :(

Oh crap, you know what that means, right? More Republicans. :(
:funny: Maybe not quite so. I know a lot of young liberals whose parents are Republicans or otherwise very traditional. It's probably just a generational cultural shift. Times just change.

I had a cactus once. Something that needs water about once a month. It died from neglect.

Yeah, I'm obviously not mature enough to take care of a kid yet.

I once had a roommate move out and the first thing I did was throw away his bamboo plant. Which I'm pretty sure takes almost no care at all but it was still responsibility that I wanted no part of.

I once had a roommate move out and the first thing I did was throw away his bamboo plant. Which I'm pretty sure takes almost no care at all but it was still responsibility that I wanted no part of.

I can't help but type "murderer" and think of Troy from Community....saying it....

I would have kept it. Take that bamboo it hit people with it. Bamboo hurts bad enough, but you get hit with it real hard...just thinking about it makes me hurt.

...then you could have sold the cigar pipes...on like the curb or something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"