World I'm tired of the Ultimate Spiderman show hate.

Wait, why do S.H.I.E.L.D. staff give Spider-Man authority to take Fury's place?
Where's Coulson? Did Clark Gregg decide to just drop out of the show? Or being a school principal takes too much of his time?

Clark Gregg is gone yes. Not sure why they didn't give it to someone like Maria Hill or hell Conners, but hey, gives more facetime to Spidey I guess.

Anyways excited for that Carnage Arc tho.

Clark Gregg is gone yes. Not sure why they didn't give it to someone like Maria Hill or hell Conners, but hey, gives more facetime to Spidey I guess.

Anyways excited for that Carnage Arc tho.

It got off to a mediocre start, but I hope it improves as it develops, especially with the Avengers on board.

I've got a question for anyone who watched the last episode. I noticed that Ock's body was fully reformed at the end of the show. Did I miss something or were the writers suggesting that hosting the symbiote for a few minutes regrew the missing parts of Otto? :huh:

I guess, that's what they were suggesting. Also, I'm assuming their gonna make it so the stress of bonding with carnage erased his memory.

They bond symbiote with Otto? Is it like at end of Playstation one game?

I guess, that's what they were suggesting. Also, I'm assuming their gonna make it so the stress of bonding with carnage erased his memory.

I couldn't remember if I had looked away and missed something important like the Hydra Ock being a clone or something. The reversion to his old body seems like a weird choice since he's immobile (presumably, unless the symbiote changed that as well) and the new look was more unsettling.

They bond symbiote with Otto? Is it like at end of Playstation one game?

For a few minutes, yes. It was a cool visual, but re-growing 90% of a human body isn't quite canonical for a symbiote. Ock also came out in his radiation suit, which is also a questionable decision. It reminded me of the Incredible Hulk's '82 cartoon series where he would revert to Banner and be fully clothed for no reason other than convenience.

Cloned Ock doesn't make much sense. As for the symbiote healing him, I dunno, they said it themselves, Carnage isn't a regular symbiote one of the new abilities of Carnage could be healing the host.

Anyone else felt it was WAAAAAAAY to soon for Morbius to become a vampire? Or whatever Manbat creature they made him. Also, calling it now, yet another TASM style virus outbreak that they cure through spreading the cure over the infected area.

After all this wondering when Norman will return as Goblin mostly, I'm expecting that to come any moment,

Cloned Ock doesn't make much sense. As for the symbiote healing him, I dunno, they said it themselves, Carnage isn't a regular symbiote one of the new abilities of Carnage could be healing the host.

Anyone else felt it was WAAAAAAAY to soon for Morbius to become a vampire? Or whatever Manbat creature they made him. Also, calling it now, yet another TASM style virus outbreak that they cure through spreading the cure over the infected area.

After all this wondering when Norman will return as Goblin mostly, I'm expecting that to come any moment,

I was disappointed that Cletus didn't show up since the show promoted the Carnage arc, but I've learned to accept a mixed bag with this show. I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop watching USM and Avengers Assemble, but then a new episode appears and my inner voice says, "Who are you trying to fool? Of course you're going to watch it."

I will say that I liked the squealing, crazed voice that Carnage had. I'm always excited to see Morbius as well, although I agree that it was too soon to mutate him into that vampire-like thing that he became. I hope this means another appearance for Blade in the near future.

Most likely. Love the USM portrayal of Blade.

Last week's episode was decent. Some of the action was frenetic, but it certainly gave the arc a big feel. I liked that the Avengers made an appearance, but didn't automatically turn the tide. How often does the Hulk show up on any Marvel show in need of someone saving him?

If you're someone who likes Peter working alongside Harry and Flash, then this season probably suits your taste. The writers are doing a good job of making their friendships seem authentic. I also like that they made the symbiotes different in more ways than just appearance.

Negatives: Anti-Venom and Venom are on the same show, but neither is Eddie Brock. New York is lousy with Carnages, but not a single one is Cletus Kasady. :cmad:

It just ignored the character.
No loss there.

Brock's legions of fans would obviously disagree, but there's at least a glimmer of hope for the future. With the new Venom #1 coming, and maybe a renaissance for the character, perhaps the real and only Venom will appear on USM one day.

Wait, why do S.H.I.E.L.D. staff give Spider-Man authority to take Fury's place?
Where's Coulson? Did Clark Gregg decide to just drop out of the show? Or being a school principal takes too much of his time?

Stan is the principal now. Coulson went away on the mission according to the show.

Brock's legions of fans would obviously disagree, but there's at least a glimmer of hope for the future. With the new Venom #1 coming, and maybe a renaissance for the character, perhaps the real and only Venom will appear on USM one day.
Agent Venom is my favorite Venom.

Stan is the principal now. Coulson went away on the mission according to the show.
Suits Stan to get that status upgrade.
From janitor to principal, what an unheard of promotion.

• Michael Morbius is a vampire. Ock never learns his lesson.
  • It's great to see Ozzie Osborn Ock again.
  • Carnage as a solo living being without the need for a host is one of the scariest ideas to happen.
  • Whew, talk about Maximum Carnage.

• The previous episode ended with Spider-Man and Venom where the top floor of the Hydra building used to be, why is he down on the floor? Unconscious?
  • I almost thought MJ knew Peter was Spider-Man.
  • WHOA, Web of Shadows.
  • Cap is awesome, and funny.
  • Yeah, that board slide with the shield on the side of the wall is so awesome, it needs to be turned to gif.
  • Glad the S.H.I.E.L.D. academy students were not infected, especially Cloak & Dagger.
  • Carnage Hulk reminds me of that What If...? issue about the symbiote not letting go of Spider-Man, in that story it went on Hulk and cured Banner of his Gamma energy. Hulk and Marvel's Gamma Rays have the oddest relationship.
  • Anti-Venom clearing Carnage is good, I wanted this to happen. And now it reminds me of Spider-Island. This should be a great chance to clean Harry of the Anti-Venom symbiote.
  • Spidey not being good with sports rules and his exchange with Flash is funny.
  • Why are people cheering for MJ instead of listening to her in their freight?
  • Shriek in the Carnage symbiote, fitting.
  • How come I still haven't commented on Iron Fist and Venom in this Maximum Carnage?
  • It's really good that Harry got over his hatred toward Spider-Man long before the Goblin got a cure. And speaking of which, what happened to the Goblin from the world of Miles?
  • EGADS. The terror of Carnage still has more to it.

Ock's design for this show kinda looks like that guy.
I'm not the only person to see the resemblance.

So part two of this arc reminds me a tiny bit of Spider-Island, and the last part has "The Queen".
Not Ana Soria Queen, just the lead Carnage symbiote covering MJ.
It was nice to hear tiger, and nice to see MJ's return.
I knew Pete would tell MJ his secret.

The show really cleaned up its act this season. Although after this its likely gonna be a bunch of filler.

They need Scorpion and the Spider Slayers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"