The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Imagine an Edgar Wright Spider-Man film.

Joe_Kickass

Sidekick
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I've come to think that Edgar Wright might (heh) just be the closest thing to a perfect director for a Spider-Man movie. He can do comedy, he can do action (oh yeah), he can do romance, I mean it makes so much sense when you think about it, he's literally THE dude to have direct a Spider-Man movie.

Shaun of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
Scott Pilgrim
The World's End

It's a perfect fit.

Add onto that, he's been extremelly consistent in his career thus far.

Interesting. In my opinion, Joss Whedon is THE dude to direct a Spider-Man movie. Edgar Wright is good, but Whedon would be better to me.

I am imagining it. And I think it is an amazing idea. Or a Spectacular idea, if you will. Edgar Wright is my dude when it comes to comedy. I'm very happy he's doing Ant-Man but if he wanted a crack at Spider-Man I for one would pay double for that movie ticket.

I do agree Joss Whedon would also be a great choice for Spider-Man but he'd be under Wright on my list. "Whedonisms" are nice and easily accessible humor, but Wright's humor is on another level. You gotta be really quick to keep up and if you don't you might just have to watch it over again. I'd say that suits Spider-Man very well.

So, yes OP. You get my vote.

That being said, I think Marc Webb was also extremely well placed to do Spider-Man. His romantic comedy (500) Days of Summer epitomized romance and comedy in a youthful manner. Which is exactly what Spider-Man should be (excuse me for saying so). Beneath everything that Spider-Man is, a young hero/a comedian/a New Yorker/a normal guy, is a love story. The same cannot be said for Batman or Iron Man. But this is the case with Spider-Man.

Last edited:
I've loved Edgar Wright's work so I believe it could work if he ever gave it a shot.
The romance and comedy (plus action) from Scott Pilgrim and the action from Hot Fuzz would be great for Spidey.

I'm with pr0xyt0xin in this one. Wright is a better choice than Whedon because of the humor. He's one of the best making quips and one-liners as the ones that Spidey uses. Maybe his fast paced edit is a little bit off sometimes, and maybe it's weird for a Spider-Man film, but I would give him a shot.

I also agree that Marc Webb is a great choice for Spider-Man, especially as he gets how the character is, his relationships and his double-life thing. So, I'm happy to see that Webb's involved with the saga and it isn't just a one-film stay.

I'm with you, Joe. I was actually thinking of bringing this up, but feared it would be perceived as Webb bashing.

The pair are buddies, so who knows, it might happen.

BTW, Edgar's visual style is itself reminiscent of Raimi's, so that's something to keep in mind (Wright considers Raimi an inspiration)

I'm with pr0xyt0xin in this one. Wright is a better choice than Whedon because of the humor. He's one of the best making quips and one-liners as the ones that Spidey uses. Maybe his fast paced edit is a little bit off sometimes, and maybe it's weird for a Spider-Man film, but I would give him a shot.

I also agree that Marc Webb is a great choice for Spider-Man, especially as he gets how the character is, his relationships and his double-life thing. So, I'm happy to see that Webb's involved with the saga and it isn't just a one-film stay.

I agree that Wright is better than Whedon in the humor dept and it's also interesting to note that Webb consulted with an unknown number of comedians (Patton Oswalt is rumored to be one) to help with writing Spidey's quips.

I'm glad that Webb has stayed on for the sequel and as I've said before, this is his chance to shine and make something truly special. I'm not sure if Webb has signed on for the 3rd film and others but based on how he talks in interviews I'd say there's a good chance he's in this for the long haul. If not, Wright would be an excellent choice imo, to continue the series.

You know who's the best for Spider-man movies

Sam Raimi

Last edited:
Wasn't Edgar Wright spotted on the set talking to Webb? Maybe Webb got some advice from him?

Wasn't Edgar Wright spotted on the set talking to Webb? Maybe Webb got some advice from him?
It's possible, but anyways Edgar Wright and Marc Webb are very good friends.

I would certainly be more than willing to see what Edgar could do with Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"