Immonen to be next penciller for Ultimate Spider-Man

Darthphere said:
Why are you people buying USM in the first place? :o
I actually wait for trades and then get it from the local library....... :) :O :(

I'll wait to form my opinion until I see his USM artwork inked and colored by the rest of the USM art team. It's my firm belief that the inking and coloring of a person's pensils can make or break a style.

My best example is JRJr.
Hated him on "Spider-Man" around 1998-ish.
LOVED him on ASM.
And I believe it was all because of the rest of the team that brought out what was great about his work.

The Inker and Colorer of comics are soooo unappreciated.

marvelholidayspecial2004.jpg

Guess I'll be dropping this book. Bags was the only thing that kept me reading.

I've got to be the only one here who prefers most of Imomens stuff over Bags.

As long as the storys don't dip too much I'll keep reading. UXM gets some bad artists but for some reason I just keep reading. I haven't read any of Stuart Immonen's work on UXM yet, actually his first one is next on my list.

XwolverineX said:
Nooooo, nooo, nooooooooooo. USM is the only good Spidey I get.

Buy Sensational, it is WAAAYYYY better.
USM is lame, but I may pick up a few issues w/ the new artist just for selling purposes.

Glad its immonen he's a great artist.
(it amazes me people in this thread are rubbishing him)

His art has a great energy which is good for a character like spidey.

And USM has been the best spidey title for years...

The current artist is the reason I never picked up USM.

I loved loved LOVED his work on Ultimate X-Men and FF. His Secret Identity work is brilliant, and his Nextwave stuff is alive and full of energy.

Immonen is one of my fav artists. This is awesome, I actually want to read this book now! :up:

PWN3R RANGER said:
I loved loved LOVED his work on Ultimate X-Men and FF. His Secret Identity work is brilliant, and his Nextwave stuff is alive and full of energy.

Immonen is one of my fav artists. This is awesome, I actually want to read this book now! :up:

Everyone should read and understand this post.

Can someone post anything he did on Ultimate FF?

But... but that cuts into my garbage eating time. :(

Bagley's art was always lame-sauce anyway. Everyone he draws looks like their head's been smashed in from the sides and then stretched from the face outwards.

Master Bruce said:
...Cause every other Spider-Man title has been reduced to pure garbage, whereas this one is... only slight garbage, thus the character of Spider-Man is being raped over more times than pre-stardom Paris Hilton? :csad:

There is a time I would have disagreed, but you are right, Spider-Man's 616 incarnation has now been so utterly suck-mo-fied that even Ultimate Spider-Man is actually not quite as bad.

I actually wait for trades and then get it from the local library.......

Local library? What are you, some kind of goddamn Communist?

Anubis said:
I love Immonen's art. You guys read Superman: Secret Identity? The man is incredible when he wants to be. The question is, which style is he gonna use. The jaw dropping beauty of SM:SI? Or the cartoony Next Wave stuff? Doesn't matter. I dropped USM years ago and never looked back.

Superman20Secret20Identity201820-20.jpg

superman-secretidentity3.jpg

superman-secretidentity1.jpg

True dat. His Superman mini was great, but I'm not a fan of his cartoony style.

For the majority of his work, I hate Immonen. His Superboy Prime story was the only time I enjoyed him, but thats because it was totally different from what I've normally seen from him (UXM and Nextwave).

And everyone who hates on Bagley needs to die.

I'd probably read Ultimate Spider-Man if it weren't Ultimate Spider-Man. :up:

damn, i love immonen, so im glad about the news HOWEVER i have no idea what STYLE he'll decide to use for the book.

nooooo please please PLEASE let the gods force him to pull another "secret idenity" thing, it would make USM worth collecting again!

I loved his work on Secret Idenity, and I started getting Next Wave because of him. I have seen some art of his I don't think is his best. But I think he would be great on USM.
Heres more of his work:
ULTX.jpg

62.jpg

GENMcvr003.jpg

Immonen20secret20identity20120pg6w.jpg

Immonen20FF205520pg203.jpg

uff1017.jpg

ImmonenS_UltimateXmen56p13.jpg

I know he is great.
Here more:
ultimatexmen54.jpg

ultimatexmen55.jpg

ultimatexmen56.jpg

rstars14_pg4_L.jpg

immolosh48p5.jpg

PoC06.jpg

Immonen20LSH206020pg2023.jpg

OK, for those of you who hate him, Who would you prefer to draw Ultimate Spider-Man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"