Immonen to be next penciller for Ultimate Spider-Man

What? I thought Marvel was prepping Mark Brooks to be the next penciller for Ultimate Spider-Man. I am truly shocked about this.

I dunno if he's top 5 but he's top 10

and better than Bagley. Seriously, when Bagley wasn't getting sloppy it was nice, but he got sloppy quite often on USM. Plus...he's better than Bagley. I'm sorry to dis your fan fave, guys, but it's true and I have an essay from a scholar to prove it

Brooks couldnt really be the next USM penciller - his style is too similar to Bagley. It'd be like getting someone whose style is "like" Hitch to do Ultimates, but who isnt on a par with him. Apeing a style I think its called.

Immonen should be fine - his UXM work was good. And as much as I like the spidery lean look of Bagley's Peter, I think he could do with growing out a little. I mean, if he's in puberty and almost 16, then he should be filling out right? And especially if he's doing what he does all the time

I never really understood why so many people liked Bagley. I read USM up through the Venom arc and at no point was I ever impressed with his work on the title. Then I saw some of his work from the 90s and I was blown away. :huh:

I think the exact opposite about Bagley's work from the 90's. I really, really didn't like his work in the 90's.

I just checked out Mark Bagley at Comicartfans and was amazed. I didn't know he worked on Spider-Man. He is the one who did the whole Chamelian and Peter's parents returning thing right?
Different style, but i think his style for Ultimate Spider-man worked too.

Bullseye said:
I think the exact opposite about Bagley's work from the 90's. I really, really didn't like his work in the 90's.

You prefer this:

ultimate-spider-man_1024.jpg

to this:
bagley_spiderman4.jpg

:huh:

I think the style he used for Ultimate Spider-Man worked better than if he had used the Amazing Spider-man style he used in the 90s.

chris moore said:
Brooks couldnt really be the next USM penciller - his style is too similar to Bagley. It'd be like getting someone whose style is "like" Hitch to do Ultimates, but who isnt on a par with him. Apeing a style I think its called.

Immonen should be fine - his UXM work was good. And as much as I like the spidery lean look of Bagley's Peter, I think he could do with growing out a little. I mean, if he's in puberty and almost 16, then he should be filling out right? And especially if he's doing what he does all the time

Brooks art does bear some resemblance to Bagley's art for USM. Still, I'm just suprised Brooks didn't get the job since he pencilled the two USM Annual's.

I might actually start reading it monthly with Immonen on pencils.

Ben Urich said:
You guys are all going to Hell. :cmad:
Stuart Immonen is one of the top five artists in the business. Period.
Most definitely:up:

Well maybe top five is pushing it but he's up there. I can't believe people want Mark Brooks on the book. I'm pretty happy he's not:)

The Watchman said:
CTOAN? :cmad:

Immonen would work :up:
Master Bruce thinks he can play with the big boys, usurp my can, huh? Well, until youve gotten rabies because a hobo bit you while fighting for the last drop of a AIDS needle in a semen-infested backalley, you havent been to K-Mart:cmad:

Immonen is not in the top five. His run on UXM was of poor quality.

If you think his Ultimate X-Men stuff was poor quality then......

......YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!:cmad::mad:

perhaps brooks didn't want the gig fearing being typecast as the new bagley??

(seems unlikely i agree)

Don't get me wrong. Bagely's got talent, and I love the fact that he is always on time with this book, but his art style has always turned me off to this book. I swear I've picked it up and dropped it like 3 times already.

Now Immonen, he is so dreamy.:)

CantThinkOfAName said:
Most definitely:up:

Well maybe top five is pushing it but he's up there. I can't believe people want Mark Brooks on the book. I'm pretty happy he's not:)

100% agreed.
Except I believe Immonen IS in the top 5 at a major comic publishing house. Check out his website; this guy is amazing. I never liked Bagley, and he's 1/2 the reason I won't touch Ultimate Spider-Man.

CantThinkOfAName said:
Master Bruce thinks he can play with the big boys, usurp my can, huh? Well, until youve gotten rabies because a hobo bit you while fighting for the last drop of a AIDS needle in a semen-infested backalley, you havent been to K-Mart:cmad:
I like that you're fighting for the last drop of an AIDS needle. Not a needle for anything else...just AIDS. You and someone else are fighting for the last drop of AIDS. THat's pretty funny.

CantThinkOfAName said:
I like that you're fighting for the last drop of an AIDS needle. Not a needle for anything else...just AIDS. You and someone else are fighting for the last drop of AIDS. THat's pretty funny.

FIFTY SIX CAY:cmad:

I want to go home to my broadband.:csad:

That two page spread of Bagley's art was exactly why I love the guy so much. His Spider-man is literally poetry in motion. No other artist can make it feel like he's actually swinging up there. I'm not saying Immonen is a bad artist, but this makes as much sense as puting Mad as Hitch's replacement.

And I definitely would have taken Mark Brooks as the replacement. He's got a certain Bagley feel but with manga influence. I like it and it doesn't feel like he's stealing Bagley's style (unlike say Larsen following McFarlane on ASM).

I like Immonen but he doesn't hold a candle to Bagley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"