Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
true words spoken with the guy with Han Solo in his avatar and Doctor Jones as his handle :whatever:

if that were true about me you wouldn't give such a damn. You miss took me for yourself:o

:huh:

I have no problem with Indy 4 or the prequels? And I still would give a damn as well. I give a damn about all the damn fanboys who keep moaning and complaining when this thing happened TEN YEARS AGO. Because its annoying as hell and people now just do it just for the sake of it. Lucas is actually an incredible storyteller, and even though you may not agree with him, um... he still created Star Wars you know. His films, his vision, whataver the hell he can do with them.

why do you care so much what i said"?

i never brought up the prequels, what a star warz?

why do you care so much what i said"?

i never brought up the prequels, what a star warz?

Because you like many, come here and just call Lucas a hack when we just in conversation. It's like every page needs a "Luas is a hack" comment in it on these kind og theads which is tiring.

And I don't really know what you mean about "what a star warz?"

Did you mean what's Star Wars or what about Star Wars?

iheartvector-free-stop-wars.png

"As long as their is man there will always be war."

JAK®;16326445 said:
But but... Lucas raped their childhoods!
:hehe:

Doctor Jones: I didnt know Mac was going to be featured in the book that's coming out... it should be interesting to see some of their adventures together though, cause from the movie one gets the feeling that they had many.

Next Thursday marks the network premiere of KOTCS on USA at 7:30/6:30c night. Prepare yourself.

Took me a little getting use to...but I really enjoyed this film overall. Shia was probably the worst part, he'll never match Short Round.

I hope Spielberg can squeeze in about one more.

I really think in the long run, this movie in particular is an..okay addition but NOT a good introduction to the character if I showed it a new generation or my future kids.

Shia Lebouf was the best, if not the ONLY part of the movie worth watching

At least we got to see how Shia met Indy and they both learn to like each other... There might have been some introduction stuff between Short Round and Indy, but Shia's was more interesting overall

I was a little disappointed when this first came out. I guess I had higher expectations and was so pumped up when that first trailer came out. After some time and a couple of viewings, the film has grown on me and I can better appreciate it now. Although, there are some rough parts to get through (swinging with monkeys) ...

i was actually talking more about episodes 2 and 3.... but my point still is, there are indeed scenes in Indy where none of the background is even real. Something that did not happen with the previous indy films.

I've so far avoided this discussion, but I need to point this out as completely wrong, and i'm going to assume you are talking about matte paintings, as I'm sure you don't think they actually did location shooting at mystical ruins and such.

The previous Indy flicks have ALL had fake backgrounds in some scenes. The difference being that in the first three films, they were physical matte paintings instead of digital creations like in Indy 4. This is true of nearly every movie that has ever been made. In fact, Indy 4 did MORE location shooting that ANY of the other flicks. And to go even further, did you know that in The Temple of Doom, 90% of the cart chase sequence at the end is actually stop motion animation and miniatures?

Indy 4's issues (to me) have no correlation with the use of special effects, as every single Indy movie has had a large amount of special effects within them in order to help better tell the desired tale. Its the story and how it was executed that is the issue.

People aren't going to let facts get in the way of their criticisms.

Hey look its unwarranted hate from 2008. Those were the times. Somebody just wake from a coma or something?

The problem with KotCS for me was that it was just a rehash of the original trilogy, trying to update it for the modern audience with new CGI and revive the Indy franchise somehow.

Better get used to him, because you'll be seeing him again.

That's if the film even gets made. Spielberg still has another Tintin to make, Interstellar to direct, Monsterpocalypse, and Lincoln is confirmed to start next year. He's going to have to push something back if Indy 5 even gets made at all. And it's got to be soon, Ford is almost 70 whereas Indy is only in his late 50s right now. I thought Ford was brilliant in this film and looked terrific, but how much longer can he still sustain it?

The problem with KotCS for me was that it was just a rehash of the original trilogy, trying to update it for the modern audience with new CGI and revive the Indy franchise somehow.

I don't think rehash is the appropriate way of seeing it. It's just the "Indy formula." And they changed it enough as it is, if anything I was hoping for a little more of a formula like the originals(such as an opening sequence that has nothing to do with the plot). I thought the opening of KotCS got things moving too quickly.

I don't think rehash is the appropriate way of seeing it. It's just the "Indy formula." And they changed it enough as it is, if anything I was hoping for a little more of a formula like the originals(such as an opening sequence that has nothing to do with the plot). I thought the opening of KotCS got things moving too quickly.

What are you talking about? All of the opening sequences had something to do with the plot.

Raiders opening: Our introduction to Indy and Belloq as two competing archeological forces.

Temple opening: Our introduction to Willie, Short Round, and sets up how they get to India. Also sets up Indy's philosophy on fortune and glory by trading ashes for a diamond.

Crusade opening: Our introduction to Indy's father and Indy's philosophy about artifacts that belong in museums. Appropriately figures into the film later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"