inFamous 2

the city looks kinda renaissance...ew. cole looks...ew...ugh. right now im not gonna buy it even though ive played through the first one 3 times. it looks stupid. ill wait till gameplay...sigh

You're judging this off of the cover? How about we wait until there's some scans at least.

They do need to have a different setting. I don't want another post-apocalyptic-esque slum.

Yeah you can't really go off a poster that shows like, one building

You're judging this off of the cover? How about we wait until there's some scans at least.
oh no, i know that. that's why i said "i'll wait till gameplay" but right now it's looking like a rental at least.

Judging a game off of concept art just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Exactly. Case in point, look at the original concept art for Uncharted. The characters that made it into the final game look vastly different and superior to what was initially released

000_game_informer_concept.jpg

Just wanted to add oen more thing, all we've seen is that one cover to Game Informer. It may not even be concept art for Infamous 2. Many gaming mags, including Game Informer hire comic artists to draw their covers on games they will feature. In that case, its the artists interpretation based on what they are given. Sucker Punch could have something completely different and considering there will be 10 pages worth of coverage for the game in the issue, Im sure there will be more than just artwork, but possible screenshots of gameplay and renders. Hold off judegement until that is released bc covers can be misleading

Kind of surprised to see negativity towards dropping Cole's old design; I thought it was incredibly uninspired. Admittedly, this doesn't look that much better, but it's a step up at least.

Anyway, enjoyed the first, will probably pick this up. I mainly want to see how they'll evolved the electricity powers and the seeing what 'the beast' thing is all about

Some more details

I got the gameinformer with a good look at the game. It takes place in a new city called New Marais. Its a fictional New Orleans. This isn't a younger cole its simply a re-designed cole with a new voice actor. Cole will be spending the time this game becoming a "super-super hero" in order to be able to beat the beast, he will be ramping up his power from the last game.

- From what I see, they have pulled in the camera.
- There are real cutscenes and the traditional comic strip narrative.
-You wont just jump up buildings but will construct ways to make it up buildings using objects to heighten that sense of exploration.
- There should be some new powers outside of electricity but he will still be the electric super hero.
- There is melee weapons.
- Zeke is more helpful.
- More people, cars and things happening in the game.

There are pictures of what appears to be in-game screens although I can't be sure as there are no HUD or anything.

Picture 1. Cole kind of spidey sticking to a wall next to a window with green shudders, cable wiring strung across strung above his head and a busy ole style street below him. It looks almost Victorian with people waiting to cross the cross walk, cars driving with their headlights on at night and brick stone streets.

Picture 2. An almost silhouetted comic style picture of the beast, he looks like Dr. Manhattan but red.

Bottom row of pictures are beautiful concept art of types of in game settings. I'm seeing high contrast, run down blade runner style streets resembling Las Vegas on a small scale. An assassins creed style cathedral, a creepy swamp with a dock and light pouring in from large dead trees with moss hanging from them. What appears to be a cemetery or tombs. Another swampy area but with a resident evil run down mansion in the background.

Picture 3. Cole wielding a big electricity conductor club that looks sort of like a double bladed sword. He is standing in front of a guy wearing cargo pants, a sweater and a helmet hood with a bunch of orange patterns and a gun.

Picture 4. is an assassins creed style image with cole peering over a sun drenched Venice city...although small and hard to make out.

Picture 5. Concept art of a multi colored lit tower in the middle of many old buildings.

Picture 6. Close up from behind cole standing in a water flooded area with capsized boat and old swamp house in the background.

Picture 7. Cole doing a huge spin attack sideways in the air with his electric club/sword. He knocking one of those militia guards into the air.

Picture 8. Close up of Cole doing his classic electricity zap attack to another militia guard. I believe these foot soldiers are people trying to remove people with powers.

Picture 9. A picture of Cole using a new power where he is thrust upward the side of a building via a cable line.

Picture 10. Cole doing a huge electric attack decimating everything in the area including a taxi and foot soldiers.

Picture 11. Close up behind Cole executing a huge electric vortex sucking up anyone and everything.

Picture 12. Cole doing another one of those vortex attacks but in a more visually striking scene.

Picture 13. A screen cap from an in-game cutscene where Cole is leaping and or rolling away from a huge explosion caused by a helicopter missle.

- Bigger bosses, promises to be meaner.
- A smoother morality system, not so black and white.
- Water kills you, tread lightly in swamps.
- Far more visually distinctive areas.
- Possibility of online functionality.

If you haven't seen the Cole Re-design, hes much more attractive, hes essentially the Male version of the girl from Mirrors Edge. Hes got that handsome everyman face, with a light beard/mustache. A stylish hand bandage, messenger bag, simple necklace, V-cut shirt striped pants and a more modern looking two toed ninja boot.

Some quotes:
"We're able to have a much more empathetic narrative this time"

"It was a superhero game that you could get into and have a good time. The second game, if we do our jobs right, will hopefully give you a heart attack."

"Cole getting around - the marriage of parkour and superpowers - creates this incredible jungle gym of mobility. It becomes this landscape of opportunities when you can zip up a building, then find a wire that goes across empty space. You're making it up as you go, and you're stringing together these cool moves that allow you to dominate the space in a way that only Cole can do."

"There are bigger consequences to your choices, and it's not really obvious what's good and bad."

"Morality is certainly a big part of the product." "And we are committed to making it impactful and meaningful, and have it be something you feel is responsive to how you're playing the game."

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/infamous-2--hype-train---quot-/1077186?page=2

Zeke more helpful? I guess things have cooled between the two since the end of the first

infamouscole.jpg

I have to say he does look too pretty and too nice. He went through some F-ed up stuff in the last game regardless of what path you took. Why is he so cheery and happy? I wish they had kept him more gritty and hardcore

Maybe, we are looking at a different timeline/universe? I have not read the article yet, so I'm probably wrong. Lol.

I didnt read it either. The image does look like what a pre-Infamous 1 Cole might have looked like. Id prefer if they said this was his younger brother or something

Eh, I'm tired of the 'gritty and hardcore' look, it's basically become a joke at this point. It'll be interesting to see a hero who has went through trials and used them to fuel confidence and determination as opposed to whining and *****ing around

Last edited:
Dude lost his girlfriend to a future version of himself, and his best friend turned out to be a Class 1 *****er. It's a tad odd how cheerful and squeaky clean he looks now. He looks better in the scans, though. And he's more everyman looking now than last time. I wonder what Evil Cole will look like in the game?

Looks great so far! I loved the first one so I'll definitely be getting this.

Eh, I'm tired of the 'gritty and hardcore' look, it's basically become a joke at this point. It'll be interesting to see a hero who has went through trials and used them to fuel confidence and determination as opposed to whining and *****ing around
except it works in context with the story and character. He did not end the game all happy with a god life. He dealt with alot as Mario_Galaxy mentioned. Im interested to see and hear what the explanation if any will be for is new look bc its not consistent with how the character was last portrayed. He definetly looks like more of a hero as opposed to the ambiguous guy that could have gone either way. Mabye, and Im hoping he has a darker, gritter look to contrast this Abercrombie model

except it works in context with the story and character. He did not end the game all happy with a god life. He dealt with alot as Mario_Galaxy mentioned. Im interested to see and hear what the explanation if any will be for is new look bc its not consistent with how the character was last portrayed. He definetly looks like more of a hero as opposed to the ambiguous guy that could have gone either way. Mabye, and Im hoping he has a darker, gritter look to contrast this Abercrombie model

So what? Just because you happen to go through a lot is it not conceivable that you use that in more positive ways instead of turning all brooding and 'gritty'. Like I said, what's wrong with taking personal tragedy to fuel confidence and determination? Maybe someone doesn't turn into a complete mess of a person and instead decides to move past that to further his goals instead of brood around. I'm beginning to think that gamer's all just want this same raspy voiced 'hardcore' archetype for every character and God forbid they develop into something else.

Really, he's not even all that 'nice' looking like you're making him out to be anyway. He just doesn't look all 'gritty', aka like everything else nowadays, and has some hair.

This is my theory, I know it’s not the best because it hits close to home but...whatever.

Cole has the ability/learns the ability to time travel. What if after everything that happened in the first game, he decides against it. What if he feels that's not the way to go. He then goes back in time to kind of change the events that happen in InFamous.

This could explain why he goes the different route. I.E. all cheery and happy look. We already know he has a family, at the end of InFamous he says he flees the city with his wife and kids.

Who is his wife? I'm hoping its Trish. To me, while it was pretty epic, it doesn't make sense why he would kill something he truly cared for. That's pretty crazy. To sacrifice someone you love so there are no distractions. Personally, that wouldn't sit well with me. If I had the ability to change that, I would. Maybe Cole feels the same way?

I don't know, just a theory. I know a lot of people would hate that because it defiles everything that Cole/players did in the first game. :doh: But it would make a good story on why the change with the art direction/getting a different voice actor.

I've checked out a little bit of the Game Informer article, I'm indifferent still. I don't like the fact that there is too much variety. I mean, Cole trudging through a swamp!? Hopefully there is a great story that takes players through these various locations. I hate when developers design different environments just for the sake of having them.

This game seems like it might be going in the wrong direction. If it does, in my opinion, it’s the fans/critics fault. Just like it was with Resistance 2. Developers need to stop listening to fans/critics. They know whats good for their franchise, only accept small critiques.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"