inFamous 2

So what? Just because you happen to go through a lot is it not conceivable that you use that in more positive ways instead of turning all brooding and 'gritty'. Like I said, what's wrong with taking personal tragedy to fuel confidence and determination? Maybe someone doesn't turn into a complete mess of a person and instead decides to move past that to further his goals instead of brood around. I'm beginning to think that gamer's all just want this same raspy voiced 'hardcore' archetype for every character and God forbid they develop into something else.

Really, he's not even all that 'nice' looking like you're making him out to be anyway. He just doesn't look all 'gritty', aka like everything else nowadays, and has some hair.
and its not simply about wanting all protagonists to be the same hardcore archetype. If Naughty Dog had changed up Nathan Drake in Uncharted 2 and made him more serious, gritty and hardcore, Id hate it. Why? Bc that wasnt Drake and not consistent with the character introduced in the first game. A perfect example of this is the Prince of Persia, going from Sands of Time to Warrier Within. I HATED that they made the Prince darker and more hardcore, bc it did not suit or fit him. Many other gamers felt this too and that game is looked less favorably out of the 3 in that trilogy. Like I said, I hope its explained in the story as to the change and he doesnt just show up all different as if the events of the first game had no effect on him

You see, and this kind of statement:

Like I said, I hope its explained in the story as to the change and he doesnt just show up all different as if the events of the first game had no effect on him

That makes me think you just want to the same generic 'gritty' look, because there's no way at all you can tell that by the character's design. He could have roughly the same personality but just decided to grow some hair and get different clothes. That's what the whole thing is about after all, just the fact that he looks all 'squeaky nice', even though he really doesn't at all, instead of looking all bald and brooding and hardcore like he's 'suppose' to.

Whatever, I'm not going to argue about it anyway. His design and voice in the first game was generic as hell; I'm glad they trashed it and like this a lot better.

i just got my copy of gameinformer and i have completely changed my mind! the game looks sick!!

-there will be cinematics (along with the comic panels)
-cole can now electrify objects and use them as weapons (pipes, wrenches, ect)
-balcony's can be destroyed
-the city is called New Marais and is based of New Orleans
-the aim is pulled in closer
-there have been some hints to ice powers
-a new induction power allows cole to instantly zap to the closest metal objects above him
-the ionic vortex is a super punch meant for clearing out large groups of enemies
-zeke is now a partner isntead of an annoying guy on the roof
-you start off with all the abilities from the last game but toned down a little
-choices are back
-cole will fight some "pretty big and gnarly dudes"
-there have been hints that cole can now use his electricity as a rope and hang from pipes with it

looks bigger and better than ever might i add. probably getting this now.

Man i was kinda hoping they fix the jumping and running in this one i wasn't a big fan of the way cole jumped i think they could have made him jump like hold down x button and you can jump like 15 or 20 feet high up in the air. I also wish they can make him run a bit faster

Man i was kinda hoping they fix the jumping and running in this one i wasn't a big fan of the way cole jumped i think they could have made him jump like hold down x button and you can jump like 15 or 20 feet high up in the air. I also wish they can make him run a bit faster

well, i don't know about the running and jumping but cole can no longer jump from pipe to pipe like in the first game. he actually climbs now. like real parkour.

I just popped in my disc for the first game and played for a buit. I really hope in the net game the give more to do once you beat the game bc thers virtually nothing once you finish off the side missions. There are barely any enmies as well if you wanted to just mess around and fight. I didnt care for the game but one thing I liked about about Prototype was that had tons of various challenges and side stuff. Being that this is a single player experience, I hope Infamous 2 gets populated with more stuff to do outside of the story. I also want all missions to be replayable. I hate how many sandbox games ignore that

Ya, after the last mission, the city practically felt like a ghost town while I was collecting the shards.

I'm just pooped about Cole's new look...

i really can't believe they basically created a new character and slapped the name Cole to it.

I wonder if Zeke will be much diffrent in this game now, from appearance he doesn't look that diffren't, but since he is your side kick now or partner I wonder if they made him more athletic. Lol zeke wall climing and free running, I could not imagine that from the Zeke in the first game.

The E3 trailer right here.

[YT]XSY2zf420hc[/YT]

Love the use of melee weapons and the ice abilities look very intriguing

If you can make ice slides ala Iceman...I will be speechless.

I wonder if thats the same Cole. I wonder if there will be 2 you get to play. One with ice and another with electricity

It was already confirmed that they redesigned Cole to bring more appeal so it is the same Cole.

I believe they're referring to the [blackout]time travel aspect from inFamous 1[/blackout]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"