INFAMOUS: Second Son

Just finished this game. It was fun while it lasted but I wish it had more variation, the missions and side activities got repetitive after a while. Also, it was a bit shorter than I'd have like. The game is visually impressive no doubt, the neon power is the coolest power (visually speaking) but I ended up using video the most. The photo mode is a great addition, I feel like I spent most of my time just taking pictures. Quite addicting. The story is okay -it's neither original nor ambitious but it's well told- and the characters are serviceable (though I do like the banter between Delsin and Reggie). I'll probably do a second playthrough with the evil karma later on but I'm currently a bit burnt out on the game. Overall, a decent but forgettable game.

I have the same complaints Sgt but I felt overall it was an enjoyable experience. I'm currently playing on expert doing the evil route but haven't played much as of late. Luckily I made it a mission to do all the side quests and as many trophies as I could the first go around, so I'll be able to concentrate on collecting the shards I need for upgrades and the story. Expert so far has been challenging but not as hard as I had hoped

I loved the game while I played it. But I really wish I had bought a hard copy so I could sell it.

Well they did promise to update with DLC and so far we did get the paper trail stuff but I haven't heard of anything else yet. I have the disc though and I think that may be the deciding factor of keeping me from going all digital since you can always come off a game for a few quick bucks

I finished the game last night and I enjoyed it overall. I don't think it came close to topping the second game though. I do look forward to any story dlc they might do

I finished the game last night and I enjoyed it overall. I don't think it came close to topping the second game though. I do look forward to any story dlc they might do

It doesn't. It REALLY sets in after you beat it twice. I honestly think most of the boss battles are horrible, more so the boss you fight to get Digital or whatever. I also how empty the world feels after you've done pretty much everything.

I traded it.. I didn't expect to but I did. Paid off Watch Dogs with it.

It's a good game but I'd probably give it a solid 8.. no higher, no lower. I'm hoping the next inFamous is a bit more beefy.

I have the same complaints Sgt but I felt overall it was an enjoyable experience. I'm currently playing on expert doing the evil route but haven't played much as of late. Luckily I made it a mission to do all the side quests and as many trophies as I could the first go around, so I'll be able to concentrate on collecting the shards I need for upgrades and the story. Expert so far has been challenging but not as hard as I had hoped

Looking at my post, I do sound pretty harsh but don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the game but I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed.

Looking at my post, I do sound pretty harsh but don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the game but I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed.

I think that's how a LOT of people feel. Greg and Colin did a spoiler cast on IGN and they say it SOUNDS like we hate the game.. That's not true we think it's great.. But it just left us wishing that there was more to it than there was.

And I feel the same exact way.

Have you done Paper Trail yet? It has some really good puzzles and it's a cool way to do things since you go back and forth from the game to your computer. Not going to lie I had to look up a few answers doing it, it was a very good challenge as far as the online stuff goes.

I do remember reading they promised there was going to be DLC with new powers and missions and such. Again, no idea when that will be happening

I was doing paper trail... Then when I found out it didn't have a pay off (or much of a one) I stopped. Too much hassle, lol.

Ya you really don't get squat for doing it but heck, what do you expect for free? There is a cool jacket and mask in it for you though. And if you like puzzles and challenging things, or if you just want to expand the world a bit I'd say it's worth it.

Ya you really don't get squat for doing it but heck, what do you expect for free? There is a cool jacket and mask in it for you though. And if you like puzzles and challenging things, or if you just want to expand the world a bit I'd say it's worth it.

Thats cool. Ill have to at least check it out.

My issues with the game have pretty much been covered here. It didnt feel nearly as "epic" as inFMAOUS 2. I mean the overall threat wasn't nearly as big, which can be good or bad depending on your preference, but to me there was nothing as cool in Second Son as the first time Cole had to take down one of those giant people eating monsters in the second game. THAT felt like a super hero game. I never really got that feeling with this one. I also preferred the electric powers, but again thats just preference.

Have you done Paper Trail yet? It has some really good puzzles and it's a cool way to do things since you go back and forth from the game to your computer. Not going to lie I had to look up a few answers doing it, it was a very good challenge as far as the online stuff goes.

I do remember reading they promised there was going to be DLC with new powers and missions and such. Again, no idea when that will be happening

I found that incredibly annoying especially since it was the same type of repetitive nonsense over and over. The mask and jacket (we already have like a dozen of them) wasn't worth it.

I didn't know u could get masks? How do u unlock various outfits?

I didn't know u could get masks? How do u unlock various outfits?

Different jackets were preorder bonuses. There was one included in the LE/CE as part of Cole's Legacy DLC and Paper Trails added a few more. There is only one mask and its the white rabbit mask that is worn on the DLC character. You can change all this by pressing Options and I believe its on the page that lists the profiles of your known contacts

infamous_second_son_pre-order_skins.JPG

that's some of them

InfamousSecondSonOrigami-1-670x376.jpg

and the mask

Last edited:
Surprisingly easy to get most of the trophies. All I have to do is beat the game on the hardest level to get Platinum. I never got Platinum on Infamous 1 & 2 (came close to it, though).

Yeah, I forgot to switch the difficulty over on my second playthrough.. and I absolutely was NOT playing it again...

Got this game today. Really enjoying it. The smoke powers are really entertaining and I like Delsin a bit more than Cole. When do you unlock the camera mode?

Thats cool. Ill have to at least check it out.

My issues with the game have pretty much been covered here. It didnt feel nearly as "epic" as inFMAOUS 2. I mean the overall threat wasn't nearly as big, which can be good or bad depending on your preference, but to me there was nothing as cool in Second Son as the first time Cole had to take down one of those giant people eating monsters in the second game. THAT felt like a super hero game. I never really got that feeling with this one. I also preferred the electric powers, but again thats just preference.

I understand your point, but I have to say this is why I prefer Second Son. the story feels more personnal, and the protagonists are, to me, way more likeable, which makes this quest really engaging.

My only complain is that for an open world game, there ain't that much to, especially compared to Watchdogs.

Yeah, I forgot to switch the difficulty over on my second playthrough.. and I absolutely was NOT playing it again...

I beat it on Expert the other day to get my Platinum trophy. Didn't do any side missions, so it only took me two days (took breaks from the game). Enjoyed it, but once you beat it, you don't have the motivation to play it again unless it's to finish up a 100% trophy run (which like I said earlier, is suprisingly easy).

Trading it in tomorrow, along with a few other games.

My only complain is that for an open world game, there ain't that much to, especially compared to Watchdogs.
Glad to hear that, since I was planning on buying Watchdogs soon but am hesitating due to the mixed reactions I've been hearing this week.

Obviously, Watchdogs is better when it comes to how many things there are to do and replay value. Not to mention there are some really fun MP games.

I still like Infamous very much, but there is no denying that the replay value is surprisingly low.

The camera mode is a huge help. But yeah there isnt much to do. I really really enjoy the gameplay, the characters were great, and the story isnt bad. So all in all I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase. Gonna do an evil playthrough next

It's a double edge sword. I think the PS4 needed this title when it came out but I feel that if the developers were given an extra 6 months, this could have been a phenomenal fall title. Those 6 months could have been used to fill out the amazing city and game mechanics they introduced. What it did, it did great but you are just left feeling that there should have been more

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"