Infinity

Was that panel containing characters who looked like Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade ever explained? Was it them or someone else?

It was done as a joke. They weren't meant to be the real characters. He had Darth Vader at the end of issue 1 as well.

Stuff like that has been done for years. Marvel characters appearing in the background of DC comics and vice versa.

:wow:Good grief.......Did Thanos get more powerful over time?? I really haven't read a Thanos story since the original Infinity gem story back in the 80's. I don't recall him ever not flinching in a fight with Thor!! :wow:
None of the Avengers had a chance

If not for Thane.........geez.......

That's not a problem for me. I like when the odds are stacked higher against the heroes.

I'm pretty sure that was after a huge mosh and other such things, but it's been a long time since I read Gauntlet. Still, for all that power he didn't really do anything in this event. I was very disappointed.

Can't believe i'm agreeing with Shazam but yeah he did seem really powerful but didn't do anything like JewishHobbit said. I think Thano should be strong but this was just ludicrous to me.

Thanos was intentionally limiting his power there and was fighting many other heroes. But, yeah, Thanos has generally been that powerful for awhile now.

2795621-ss_no_effect.jpg

:woot:

Thanos was intentionally limiting his power there and was fighting many other heroes. But, yeah, Thanos has generally been that powerful for awhile now.

2795621-ss_no_effect.jpg

:woot:

Wow.......so is he Galactus level???

Can't believe i'm agreeing with Shazam but yeah he did seem really powerful but didn't do anything like JewishHobbit said. I think Thano should be strong but this was just ludicrous to me.

"fainted":eek:

It's not so much the power Thanos has but what he's capable of when he wields it.

That scene of him and Surfer by Ron Lim reminds me of a perfect example: the massive mindf**k he pulled on Sufer in SS#50.

Last story I read with Thanos at the level he was in this was Infinity Gauntlet, so my view could be skewed.

Wow.......so is he Galactus level???

No. Not at all. But he's more than a match for any hero in the Marvel Universe (save King Thor w/ Odin Force and maybe Sentry.)

:wow:Good grief.......Did Thanos get more powerful over time?? I really haven't read a Thanos story since the original Infinity gem story back in the 80's. I don't recall him ever not flinching in a fight with Thor!! :wow:
None of the Avengers had a chance

If not for Thane.........geez.......

Thanos tends to get enhanced by Death when she resurrects him. At one point he was a regular Eternal with a lot of Tech + Cybernetic enhancements. After his death and resurrection, those enhancements became innate to his being.

This has happened a few times. I'm not sure if Thanos is quite Odin level yet, but he's certainly getting there. He's high level herald, bordering on Skyfather.

Thanos tends to get enhanced by Death when she resurrects him. At one point he was a regular Eternal with a lot of Tech + Cybernetic enhancements. After his death and resurrection, those enhancements became innate to his being.

This has happened a few times. I'm not sure if Thanos is quite Odin level yet, but he's certainly getting there. He's high level herald, bordering on Skyfather.

Think Star Brand could take Thanos?? He looked pretty stout........Too bad we didn't see a battle between them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E5SKPbZLk...ABwM/0fyuwFiGe4Y/s1600/starbrand+sketch+3.jpg

All i can say is im sad INFINITY is over, BUT i can also say for damn sure INFINITY for me blew Age of Ultron out of the Water, That includes art and story arc. INHUMANITY might be something that could give marvel a shot at beating out some of the DC titles. Hope Marvel gets better with these things..

The Inhuman ongoing has already switched writers from Fraction to Soule before it's even started. I can't help but take that as a bad sign that this isn't going to go as Marvel hoped.

Personally, I have no interest in Inhumanity. I don't plan on messing with it.

Yep. Aside from Blackbolt, the Inhumans have always felt like a poor man's X-men to me. I'll definitely be passing on the whole thing.

I always liked Karnak, so a skim of Inhumanity #1 pretty much lost what little interest I had. And yeah, them on Earth does feel a bit like X-Men. I LOVED them and the Kree together though from Secret Invasion through Realm of Kings. I wish that would have continued. I was going to give Hickman's Fantastic Four a chance when I heard they were going to be involved but couldn't afford it. Being that he seems to have undone all that and casually discarded the ending of War of Kings, I think I'll just call the Kree years my Inhumans era and be done with it.

I loved Infinity. After reading every event since Avengers: Disassembled, in my opinion this has been one of their best events. By far better than AoU, AvX, and Fear Itself. As someone who has been reading Hickman's two titles since the beginning the story was really good and a great culmination of what was happening in those books. I can agree that if someone wasn't keeping up with his two books prior to the event then the story would seem underwhelming.
The ending was pretty great too. For me the implications of what will happen in the MarvelU is what excited me the most. What will happen with the Kree and will they become friend or foe? It's only a matter of time til the Skrull comes back as villains. The annihilation wave escaping the negative zone will spell trouble. Hopefully they bring the Shi'ar more into the stories. Multiple worlds becoming Avengers worlds, humanity finally starting to come into the galactic fold, the Illuminati having Thanos, the fact that the builders were like ants to a giant compared to the other multiuniversal threats and lastly, how will Hickman save the universe since the universe is dying as he kept reminding us.

Being able to set up so many plot strings from his one event was epic.

I was disappointed the gotg only had a cameo role. All this stuff in space and we only saw them briefly on sword ship. Also the silver surfer just came and said some stuff then left. I was hoping for something more. I still like cosmic events that leave earth separate. We constantly read about earth heroes and mutants. It is much better when we are truly in space with earth not as a plot point. That is what I liked about annihilation, gotg, rise and fall of the Shi'ar and war and realm of kings. We were in space and didn't have to know anything about what went on with earth ever.

I would love to follow ronan and his accusers or just the kree empire. Also the Shi'ar. I was hoping kubark would stay in the Shi'ar academy and we would follow his progress to become the new gladiator on the imperial guard. I guess we could follow crusher she was a really cool surprise. The skrulls are becoming an empire again we could also follow kl'rt trying to reign. So many possibilities.

When the avengers aren't around the empires shine. Infinity made it so the avengers, especially cap, we're essential. I found it took away from what was established with annihilation and the cosmic stuff that followed.

Finally got hold of this and finished it last week, enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the likes of Annihilation and War Of Kings in terms of cosmic stuff. Though it was good to see the Avengers in space based conflicts as well.

Just a shame Hulk didn't have a bigger role and more of a fight with Thanos. The Builders were a bit underwhelming in the end also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"