The Dark Knight Influences on Harvey Dent?

Looking at what Nolan and Goyer did with "Batman Begins" it's safe to say that TLH will have a lot of sway over what happens onscreen.

BUT --

It's also safe to say that it will not ONLY be TLH... as nothing from TLH was borrowed *exactly* for the film. They will likely take what they feel are the best parts of some or all of the Two-Face origins and blend them together, with a few alterations to fit the circumstances in their film.

What we know is that David Goyer indicated the accident would happen in court, so that at least is TLH.

BUT, Dave also said it was Joker - not Sal Maroni - who would do the deed.

So, not *exactly* TLH.

Now, how would Joker sneak acid into the courtroom?

In pieces, naturally.

One element of it in Harvey's aftershave, one element in a breath spray he carries in his pocket... something devious and bastardly like that. :up:

Put me down for The long halloween Dent origin story.....

I never looked at two face the same way again after that series(and ive been reading Batman comics for a while before that)

I dug the animated series origin and thought it was a clever way to get past the censors(chemical explosion if i remeber correctly)

Bruce and dent definitely have to be friends from princeston(sp?) where bruce went to college(and dropped out LOL) therefore making his scarring and eventual turn to the dark side even more dramatic.

I always tell my friends that if you watch BB and substitute all of holmes' scenes and imagine dent instead, it works out so much better(wayne and dent childhood friends...teaming up against evil...all except the sexual relationship scenes of course LOL)

But then BB is just a sausage party...:(

Nolan Im sure will give a good and "respectful" portrayel of Dent....

PS. I loved the book the prestige and couldn't fugure out how he was going to translate certain sections of the book, but then I caught an interview where he said his film is a "distillation" of the book i.e keeping the important things and creating a story that works in 2 hours...thats what he will do with dent

batman_twoface.jpg

This would be a brilliant inspiration for his design.
batman_p52_small.gif

StorminNorman said:
There is nothing at all unrealistic about the TLH approach. I think that a murderous vigilante (which is basically what Harvey becomes in TLH) is a much more realistic turn than stone cold crook like he becomes immediately following his transformation in TAS. Plus, IMO, Harvey having a bad side BEFORE his transformation belittles the character of Harvey Dent.

B:TAS did a lot of GOOD things - their Harvey Dent story was NOT one of them.

But, the one thing I liked about the TAS Two-face was his need to organize a criminal organization, like a gang or a mob. I believe this came from his need for control, something which he didn't get as District Attorney. To create order in a choatic world. I think this really made itself apparent in "Shadow of the Bat", [BLACKOUT]when he eliminated all of the Gotham gangs, making his gang top dog in the underworld. Then framed Gordon to make his underling(Mason) commisioner, who would soon after become Mayor. If his plan would've succeeded, he would control Gotham and have the order which he desired.[/BLACKOUT]

I think you gotta go Frank Miller on the bit and go Year One, year two, because thats basically what TLH came from anyways

I just hope they go the Dent/Batman friendship as opposed to the Dent/Wayne friendship. Dent and Batman should be allies in taking out crime, not college frat buddies. They should be meeting on rooftops with Gordon discussing cases, not going drinking. Wayne has his playboy persona, and I dont want Dent to be the kind of guy that would be friends with the playboy Bruce Wayne.

Also, it's just as tragic, if not more tragic, if Dent is a friend of the Bat. Think about it, who's the one going after Two-Face to try and stop him? Will Bruce Wayne even see Two-Face again after the accident? No, it's Batman who's gonna be interacting with him, so it should be Batman that was friends with him, so he can try to use their friendship to make him good again.

Katsuro said:
Also, it's just as tragic, if not more tragic, if Dent is a friend of the Bat. Think about it, who's the one going after Two-Face to try and stop him? Will Bruce Wayne even see Two-Face again after the accident? No, it's Batman who's gonna be interacting with him, so it should be Batman that was friends with him, so he can try to use their friendship to make him good again.

That's the best argument for the Batman/Dent friendship that anybody has ever put forth on these boards.

You just convinced me. :up:

sam_298 said:
batman_twoface.jpg

This would be a brilliant inspiration for his design.
batman_p52_small.gif

Absolutely. As long as they change everything about that design. :up:

Don't you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world already without you putting in so much effort to give us another?
By the way, I'd rather see that kinda outfit and Two-Face Hairdo rather than the Forever version, anyday.

sam_298 said:
Don't you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world already without you putting in so much effort to give us another?
By the way, I'd rather see that kinda outfit and Two-Face Hairdo rather than the Forever version, anyday.

Well I'd rather see it than the Forever version as well, but that doesn't say much. The Forever version blew. The one you've posted just doesn't look good. I think the Goku hair is what kills it for me. That and the fact that the shoe on his black side looks like a ****in Chuck Taylor All-Star. I know it isn't, it's a saddle shoe or something (at least I hope it is) but the fact that it reads as an All-Star is bad mojo.

I dont want to see a half and half suit. Its just....gimicky. Give him a normal suit (maybe striped) and use light and shadows to show the distinction, not actual color.

StorminNorman said:
I dont want to see a half and half suit. Its just....gimicky. Give him a normal suit (maybe striped) and use light and shadows to show the distinction, not actual color.

I'm of two minds on that one. HAR!!! But I'd love to see him bald on his scarred side, or at the very least not have half his hair white and going apenuts.

The half suit is not happening. Norman said it using cintematography will be much better.

well i think harvey was under the influence of prescription drugs necause of his persanality disorder
then he sropped takinbg them and went bat ****t insane

I think there is a message here
dont stp taking your meds!:wow:

I know he is Japanese, but the scarred side of his face looks cool, I think Kia Asimaya designed that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"