The Dark Knight Rises I Believe in Harvey Dent... Three years later.

I don't think he's alive.
For many average movie-goers (such as myself, who don't know all that much about Batman related characters), the ending of The Dark Knight is powerful because Harvey's dead. It'll cause us a lot of confusion if he's brought "back" in the third movie.

Harvey Dent is dead, but Two Face's actions will live on.

I'm inclined to just not make any assumptions one way or the other on the subject in that in comic books everyone has come back from the dead when things looked very final. Why should it be any different for comic book movies.

I'm inclined to just not make any assumptions one way or the other on the subject in that in comic books everyone has come back from the dead when things looked very final. Why should it be any different for comic book movies.

I agree with this, but at this point, it looks like Two-face is done as far as Nolan's films are concerned. that's a shame, as I think Two-face would have made a teriffic main villain for the third film, and quite frankly, I was a little disappointed how Nolan killed him off so quickly. I do hope that some future director will use Two-Face, to me, he is almost as much of an arch-enemy as the Joker.

Hahahaha. It was discussed to death back in the day but no, I don't remember any thread specifically opened for this issue.

It goes really simple: Dent is dead and so is everything Dent: his demons, problems, Two Face (who was never in the movie a separate entity as some pretend to make it look), etc. He died.

The reason to bring him back is because he is one of the most interesting villians in the Batman universe... second to only the Joker.

Then they should bring back the Joker, shouldn't they?

There is a reason why Dent's death is ambiguous.

Dent's was most likely the least ambiguous death ever in a superhero movie.

And also why they never fully confirmed it... all answers on the question of Dent's death have been semi-confirmed as you put it.

It's kinda pointless to confirm something that is so very clear. You confirm things that leave room for doubts. Here, Dent died, his head was manipulated as you manipulate a dead corpse and you could see his eulogy.

Why wouldn't they mention it in the tribute scene? Because of the element of surprise.

What tribute scene would this be?

Look, it doesn't really get any more crystal clear or obvious than this. If you think he's still alive, you're clutching at straws and ignoring what is right in front of you.

No more speculation, no more talk of ret-con and false funerals -- Harvey Dent is officially 100% dead. It comes straight from the mouth of Aaron Eckhart, who revealed his character's fate in no uncertain terms to ComingSoon.net "He is dead as a door nail. He ain't coming back baby!"

And lest you doubt that he knows the mind of Christopher Nolan, well, Eckhart asked him whether Two-Face would ever be coming back. "I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. 'Hey Chris, am I?' 'You're dead!' 'Alright, cool.'" There's no chance it will be rewritten or retconned, as he was never even contracted for a third film. "No, I'm not coming back. I think unfortunately, Heath [Ledger] was supposed to go on and that didn't work out. I'm nobody. I'm a cog. I have no say over this sort of stuff. I'm sure that there's so many other characters that they could whip together. I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman or something like that. I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one."

Having Harvey Dent still be alive would totally take away from the impact of his death at the end of The Dark Knight and it would serve no other purpose at this stage than to satisfay the Dent fanboys who won't accept the character died.

Bane and Catwoman are the focus in this film, Dent/Two-Face is dead, get over it.

Anyone know where to find the pics they used of Dent at the funeral?

I wonder if many out there are still holding on to the "Two-Face is still alive theory" since the info about the story line for Rises taking place 8 years later came out...

Anyone know where to find the pics they used of Dent at the funeral?

tommy-lee-jones-20040428-1355.jpg

:awesome:

Harvey Dent is dead . People are looking way to much into things. And people who say dent/two-face was killed of to early and sisnt impact enough was not watching the same movie as me. His charecter was the whole base of the story . He was the jokers biggest joke. He took the white knight of gotham and turned him into a madman hell bent on revenge. I dont think dents story is finishrd but dent is . He is the focus of the whole god damn film. The struggle between good and evil is played out by one charecter. I for one hope he is dead bit they will be using dent as a major part in the next film in as bane will use him as a focus in his war on batman and gotham and im pretty sure i've seen pics of bane holding up one of the i believe in harvy dent posters.. In short anyone who thinks dent/two-face was undervalued by Nolan really has to re-watch the film and see that nolan has build his whole ethos of the story around him imo.

Harvey Dent is dead . People are looking way to much into things. And people who say dent/two-face was killed of to early and sisnt impact enough was not watching the same movie as me. His charecter was the whole base of the story . He was the jokers biggest joke. He took the white knight of gotham and turned him into a madman hell bent on revenge. I dont think dents story is finishrd but dent is . He is the focus of the whole god damn film. The struggle between good and evil is played out by one charecter. I for one hope he is dead bit they will be using dent as a major part in the next film in as bane will use him as a focus in his war on batman and gotham and im pretty sure i've seen pics of bane holding up one of the i believe in harvy dent posters.. In short anyone who thinks dent/two-face was undervalued by Nolan really has to re-watch the film and see that nolan has build his whole ethos of the story around him imo.

Agreed

I wonder if many out there are still holding on to the "Two-Face is still alive theory" since the info about the story line for Rises taking place 8 years later came out...

What? He is a DEAD man.:oldrazz:

harvey dent cant die... even though nolan killed him off, 2face plays such a big role in the batman mythos. He is prolly one of my favorit villains.

harvey dent cant die... even though nolan killed him off, 2face plays such a big role in the batman mythos. He is prolly one of my favorit villains.

He's dead in Nolan's trilogy, that's all. He still exists in the other Batman universes/stories.

I mean, Joker died in Burton's 1989 Batman film but that didn't mean they couldn't use him in Nolan's versions.

He's dead. I really don't think Gotham would live in peace for 8 years until DKR if he were still alive. Just going off the end of DK and all the trailers for DKR. You can put a spin on anything that exists, to come up with one theory or another that you are convinced of, if you want it badly enough. It can't hurt your chances. :p

Whether he is dead or alive and locked up outside of the public view in Arkam is irrelivent at this point. He wont be in TDKR and that is the last Nolan film ever so it simply doesnt matter.

He's dead. Yeah, it was hard to determine and we've had some very cryptic hints from the actors but I believe he's dead. It won't matter though, the main things are the repercussions of his actions and how they will play into TDKR.

Here's why I think he's dead:
-He can't survive that fall (Batman can though). And if he could, he would also break his neck.

-We saw a memorial with Gordon giving a speech at the end
and in the prologue.

-DO NOT READ! SPOILERS!
Blackgate Prison in TDKR is dedicated to Harvey Dent.

I believed in Harvey Dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"