Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you on PS3?

I got this on PS3 last weekend.

nice!

yes I am on PS3, feel free to add me Snake_Eyes270 (im not online a ton right now though because im really trying to get 3 stars on the STAR labs missions haha but that is freakin hard) but we can definitely get some games in

anyone else on PS3 that wants to add me, go right ahead!

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN ID is Barachim. If you are wondering about my skill level, I flat out suck. Honestly, I'm playing on medium and sometimes I reach the point where I want to break stuff. Starting at round 6, sometimes even 5, the AI just pummels me into oblivion. It's nuts. I sometimes feel like I can't even let go of block, because the moment I do, I get my face comboed. And it only gets worse from there.

If anyone wants to add me, my PSN ID is Barachim. If you are wondering about my skill level, I flat out suck. Honestly, I'm playing on medium and sometimes I reach the point where I want to break stuff. Starting at round 6, sometimes even 5, the AI just pummels me into oblivion. It's nuts. I sometimes feel like I can't even let go of block, because the moment I do, I get my face comboed. And it only gets worse from there.
Cool. Look for me sometime. Im not as good as I was in MK as I havent been exploring enough to find "my character" yet.

PSN is havok83 for anyone else

you are Barachim! I have you on my list already I think, and I was wondering who the heck you were :p

Cool. Look for me sometime. Im not as good as I was in MK as I havent been exploring enough to find "my character" yet.

PSN is havok83 for anyone else

Im going to try and add you and X knight tonight. I too am not nearly as good at this game as I was at MK9, I've been too busy playing story mode, beating the game with everyone, playing star labs etc, so I also haven't had much time to sit in practice mode and get really good with some characters and figure out who I want to main, right now im only decent with Batman and Black Adam, im sorta okay with Aquaman, GL, GA, WW, Flash, Superman, Catwoman and NW

Last edited:
Starting at round 6, sometimes even 5, the AI just pummels me into oblivion. It's nuts. I sometimes feel like I can't even let go of block, because the moment I do, I get my face comboed. And it only gets worse from there.

LOL, thats how i feel whenever im using anyone other than Bane or Superman. If im using one of those two guys i can cruise through the battle without so much as losing 50% of my first health bar, but man using a character im less skilled with, like say Nightwing, the last two rounds are hard as hell. I wont take a character online until i can run through a battle without losing any rounds.

I'm so happy to hear someone else say this game is hard. Well, "hard" might not be the best word to use, but there's such an extreme difference between difficulty settings that it can make for a really uneven experience. On easy mode, your opponent just stands there and pretty much hands you the win, which is no fun at all, but on medium, by the 4th or 5th fight, they basically pummel you with 100% combos and you can't stay on your feet long enough to land a single hit sometimes. I'm still figuring some characters out and finding my groove - right now I'm maining Catwoman - but it does seem there should be a comfortable middle ground in there that's both challenging and fair.

On easy mode, your opponent just stands there and pretty much hands you the win, which is no fun at all, but on medium, by the 4th or 5th fight, they basically pummel you with 100% combos and you can't stay on your feet long enough to land a single hit sometimes.

Sounds like typical NRS AI. It hasn't changed much since their Midway days. I remember playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy, on very easy. It starts out with the AI being too dumb to breath, then a couple rounds later the AI's behavior borders on precognition. Also, somehow very hard was less difficult than very easy.

I hate the "reactive" AI that midway and NRS liked to use, sometimes they just wont do anything until you make a move then they'll shut you right down

even if I play battles mode, and I pick batman for example and throw a batarang, sometimes they will just jump over it nonstop, even if I do it like 10 times in a row, its just jump jump jump jump jump so freaking annoying, and they wont do anything else until you change what you are doing.

maybe im just used to the AI with the hundreds of hours I spent playing MK9 offline, but I have no problems with medium battles in Injustice, I beat it with every character even if I didn't know how to use them (to get their endings)

hey, thanks guys! I will add your names to my friends list. I'm sure I'll figure out how to do it......lol

my PSN is jnxedge.

hey, thanks guys! I will add your names to my friends list. I'm sure I'll figure out how to do it......lol

my PSN is jnxedge.

ill try and remember to send you a request tonight X Knight, so you don't have to go on a wild goose chase :p

Sounds like typical NRS AI. It hasn't changed much since their Midway days. I remember playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy, on very easy. It starts out with the AI being too dumb to breath, then a couple rounds later the AI's behavior borders on precognition. Also, somehow very hard was less difficult than very easy.

You're right, that does sound like the old-school MK games! But as someone who, up until Injustice came out, continued to play MK9 pretty much daily even after 2 years and could go thru the ladder on the hardest setting with my eyes shut, something really felt "off" about this game. Like I said, I'm still feeling it out, and am down to about an average of three losses on a medium-difficulty ladder. Funnily enough, I didn't die once as Harley Quinn, who I feel plays very awkwardly.

I also played MK9 almost non-stop until Injustice came out lol and I also at first felt like some things felt "off" with Injustice, but that's how I felt with MK9 at first until I played it relentlessly and got used to it, im not quite there with Injustice yet, but with enough time invested it will feel as familiar as MK9

when in doubt, jumping high attack is your friend against the CPU :p its pretty easy to follow that up with a combo as well with most characters, even a basic followup combo after jumping high attack will give you good damage

for example with Cyborg, I was playing his STAR labs missions, some of them need you to get a 40% + combo, I was doing some nasty chains in the corner and ending with his supermove and i'd only get like 38% damage, then I just realized I can easily do jumping high attack, then 1,1,supermove right after and it does like 46% damage or something like that. The jumping high attack on its own does more damage then almost any premade string combo, its great that they show all the damage outputs in the moves lists as well

Last edited:
I'm still loving this game.

I'd hope so, its only been out for like 2 weeks! lmao

they finally released Mortal Kombat 9 here this week under our new R18+ game rating
have to admit i really like it, its helping me get better at injustice too cause the controls/metre burn is similar which is also good

it is strange playing them in reverse though seeing how everyone else played mk first then injustice

LMAO the leaked DLC list is true, im sooooo utterly pissed off!!!!!!!!

Batgirl confirmed as the 2nd DLC character, so that means Zod and Scorpion are next

dumbest move EVER MADE by NRS, DLC characters that NOBODY ON EARTH wanted or asked for...wish I never bought the season pass now. No Manhunter, no Black Canary, no Poison Ivy lol what a joke, they should have released DLC people want first so it'd actually sell well enough to offer a second season pass with these crap characters in it

02_batgirl01_zps047231c1.jpg

02_batgirl02_zps4bd6bb7c.jpg

Last edited:
I guess some Batgirl fans should rejoice.
D294BA37-3014-4B80-8D05-7677C265ED91-3676-000006DD2010FCC1_zps9f40b5f1.jpg

I hope this is just a skin rather than a DLC character. Plus, didn't Powergirl win Ed's poll?

I'd hope so, its only been out for like 2 weeks! lmao

My PS3 won't play the game with sound on my tv at my moms house only at me and my ladies house but our tv is super small so yeah. Haha all that aside I enjoy the game.

I honestly despise the Clash System. You can't believe how much it pisses me off. I see it every single round. Even when the AI doesn't even have a meter to burn, it initiates the clash. And I don't even wager any energy. Seriously, out of 10 clashes, I might wager my meter maybe once or twice. The rest of the time I keep it because it's just too valuable for extending combos. I really like the meter burn system, I rely on the energy more for combos and rarely ever use my super. So unlike the clash, when I use a Super once in a while, it still feels fresh. Because I don't see it every, single, ****ing, goddamn round.

Every time the clash is initiated, this is how I feel inside.

[YT]-WRXcqLufmI[/YT]

I hope this is just a skin rather than a DLC character. Plus, didn't Powergirl win Ed's poll?

what Batgirl fans? lol she came in DEAD LAST on the DLC poll that NRS made. No way she is just a skin at 165 MB, shes going to be a full fledged DLC character

My PS3 won't play the game with sound on my tv at my moms house only at me and my ladies house but our tv is super small so yeah. Haha all that aside I enjoy the game.

well considering all that you are persistent so that's good! haha

D294BA37-3014-4B80-8D05-7677C265ED91-3676-000006DD2010FCC1_zps9f40b5f1.jpg

The size would be too big for a simple skin. So, we have Lobo and Batgirl. Both who were rumored alongside Zod and Scorpion. So right about now I'm feeling pretty good that I didn't get the season pass.

Omg that pretty much confirms that terrible DLC rumor is true. And I JUST bought the season pass. Fuuuuuuuuu--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"