Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any trick to beating the impossible battle? Cause I get about halfway through and then they just become ruthless out if nowhere.

It's like a lot of fighting games where the farther up the ladder you get, the AI gets a bit harder.

Personally, I think they should have called the one with the AI set at Very Hard The Impossible.

I picked Batman on a fight yesterday and got a quit a second after I selected my character.

I would never do that, but I know how that person feels. I have dropped out of KOTH queues because the king was a good Batman player, and I know I wouldn't be able to counter his combos.

Lol as lame as zoning is it's a part of all fighting games. Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam all have ways of getting in on Deathstroke's zoning. Hell even Grundy can get in with the right trait management.

And Doomsday. A Supernova Meter Burn stops any zoning. So does activating his trait then dashing in.

Last edited:
Exactly. The solution isn't nerfing good characters, it's buffing crappy characters. Meanwhile they give Sinestro a trait buff lol WTF

Is everyone playing Black Adam? I'm home this afternoon and played about 20 online opponents...over half of them pick BA.

Is everyone playing Black Adam? I'm home this afternoon and played about 20 online opponents...over half of them pick BA.

Which system do you have the game for?

I have it on PS3 and I get some BAs but not nearly that many. Of course being on at different times of the day changes things.

I picked Batman on a fight yesterday and got a quit a second after I selected my character.

I actually sometimes do this because I got so sick of fighting Batman. Last time I came across four people in a row that all picked Batman. I'm like "Could people please use other characters?"

I wonder if Deathstoke's "nerf" will make him better close up; I really want to use Slade, but I'm a rush down player

He's already pretty beastly up close, man.

Full patch notes:

General Fixes

A player no longer receives a loss when an opponent quits an online match.
Fixed an issue where online Hero Cards were not visible if a user had > 30 friends.
Various Online fixes to enhance stability.
A player can now perform a 2in1 combo into background bounces and interactables using Light+Medium buttons on arcade sticks.
This makes the game fully playable on 5 button arcade sticks.
A player can no longer block or escape a throw in the middle of performing a stance switch.
The Fortress of Solitude (Upper Level-Left) Space Ship damage was normalized for all characters.
Fixed an issue that affected some characters when performing a combo on weapon-wielding defenders that were holding grenades in the Batcave.
Fixed various issues where Interactive Objects could obscure the players’ view after being used.
Fixed a rare issue where players could sometimes interact with invisible Interactive Objects.

Character Balance Improvements

Aquaman

Water of Life Character Power now lasts 2 seconds (down from 2.5) and has an 8 second cool down (increased from 7 seconds)
Increased the ability to punish a Trident Scoop (Down, Back, 1) from Aquaman when the defender blocks.
Normalized the amount of damage Aquaman inflicts on an opponent while they are blocking his Trident Rush (Down, Forward + 1)

Ares

Increased viability of Ares’ Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
Opponent’s can now perform a tech roll after being knocked down by Ares’ Invading Force (Back+2, 3) combo.

Bane

Normalized Bane’s backwards throw damage.
Slightly increased speed of Bane’s forward dash.
Reduced the cooldown on Level 2 Venom Boost to 4.5 seconds (down from 6)
Reduced the cooldown on Level 3 Venom Boost to 6 seconds (down from 9)

Catwoman

Catwoman’s Calico Cut (Forward + 1) attack now hits the opponent Overhead and will hit all opponent hitboxes while they are crouching.

Cyborg

Cyborg’s In-Air Projectiles are now a HIGH block instead of a MID.

Deathstroke

Deathstroke now stuns the defender for less time when the defender blocks his gunshots.
Deathstroke now deals slightly less damage when the defender blocks his gunshots.
Deathstroke now lands slightly slower after performing in-air gunshots.

Doomsday

Doomsday’s Hunter (1,1,2) combo no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.

Green Arrow

Reduced the amount of block advantage on Green Arrow’s Light It Up (Back+2, 3) combo

Grundy

A player can now activate a Clash (as a defender) during the 2nd and 3rd hit of Solomon Grundy’s Chain Grabs.

Harley Quinn

Harley’s Irresistible combo (1 + Away, 2) no longer inflicts full damage while the opponent is blocking.
Harley’s Hi Puddin combo(2, Down+3) now has less advantage while the opponent is blocking.

Joker

Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power HA! duration to 9 seconds (from 6 seconds).
Increased Joker’s Wild Character Power Parry Damage to 11%
Slightly reduced the start-up frames for Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 1) and Rolling Laughing Gas (Down, Forward + 2) to allow it to combo consistently on all opponents.

Lobo

Reduced Lobo’s recovery time while loading his Nuclear Shells Character Power to 49 frames (down from 57).
Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Meter Burn Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1).
Removed the ability for an opponent to initiate a Clash while being hit by Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.
Increased the amount of damage an opponent will receive when blocking Lobo’s Pump Shots (Down, Forward + 1) while his shotgun is loaded with Nuclear Shells.

Raven

Raven’s Raven Slash (Down+3) attack now has normalized damage.
Increased viability of Raven’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.

Shazam

Increased viability of Shazam’s Teleport when used as a wake up attack.
Shazam’s Herculean Might (Down, Back, Forward + 1) on miss is now -17 (down from -27)
Shazam’s Achilles’ Clutch (Down, Back + 1) on miss is now -21 (down from -35)
Shazam’s Solomon’s Judgment Character Power now activates faster
Normalized reaction time for Shazam after escaping an opponent’s throw attempt.

Sinestro

Normalized Sinestro’s Backwards Throw Damage
Arachnid Sting (Down, Forward 2) is now has a block advantage of -12 (down from -36) and is a Mid attack (changed from High).
Beware Your Fears Character Power activation time decreased to 1.66 seconds (down from 2 seconds).

Superman

Normalized the amount of damage scaling on Superman’s combos.
Normalized Superman’s damage scaling while using his Steel Rush (Forward+2, Down+1) combo.

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman’s Knee Chop (Down+1) attack now inflicts normalized damage during hit and while an opponent is blocking.

Yay for Bane and Shazam buffs. Don't think it'll be enough but we'll see.

What's that stance switch one mean? Where it mentions being unable to escape a throw.

I'm glad Grundy didn't get nerfed really. I have no problem with people being able to clash during my power throw combo. They can only do it once anyways.

A little disappointed that BA didn't get a tiny nerf on his dive kick.

Huh, I'll look into Slade's close range stuff. It'd be cool to main my two favorite DC characters (Bats & DS), maybe even my third (Flash)

well, shazam will be pretty sick if that teleport wakeup buff gives him a free escape. He gets rushed down bad. It might be a little too strong....I don't know
As far as the whiff frame decrease, it just makes him for easily punishable by scrubs to moderately. Any good player will still hammer shazam on whiff

Superman nerf :csad:

Bane buff :woot:

Does anyone on this board play Catwoman? I'm looking for some tips and online friendly combos. I'm trying out different characters.

I tried the battle mode with Catwoman and was not good with her at all. I'm working with Sinestro, he will likely be my third, I can't see myself juggling over 3 characters without forgetting combos.

I tried the battle mode with Catwoman and was not good with her at all. I'm working with Sinestro, he will likely be my third, I can't see myself juggling over 3 characters without forgetting combos.

Hah damn, im up to 8 at the moment. I think thats my max tho, just cant really see anyone else i want to learn.

I hear Atlantis is nice this time of year.

Is that why everyone always wants to go there?

Well 4 right now since I still know Deathstroke's moves, I might go up to 5 if I see how it goes.

People pick Atlantis because you can't get knocked into a level transition there.

Yeah Atlantis has no transitions and no multiple/infinite objects that you can throw.

And it's the only level where people backed in a corner can use the environment to escape.

Coulda' used a few more levels like that instead of duplicates on Arkham and Wayne Manor.

The Atlantis level is very vibrant in color I wish some of the other stages were as vibrant in color.

Can't wait for Batgirl and the Killing Joke pack to get put online for Download.

Well 4 right now since I still know Deathstroke's moves, I might go up to 5 if I see how it goes.

People pick Atlantis because you can't get knocked into a level transition there.

I actually like stages w/ level transitions because I've gotten good about landing them. Because Atlantis is so vibrant and colorful with all the awesome sea life floating around, I kind of wish we got more parts to the stage.

One reason I frequently select Atlantis, I like the intractable balance on the stage. It's got a fixed heavy display object and a water trap on each side equal distance from each players starting position.

Last edited:

Sinestro is a good choice, particularly after the patch.

I don't do tournaments and I get bored with the same characters so I play a little more casually than many people. I like to play a huge variety of characters...usually focusing on one in particular for about a week. The fun for me is trying to unlock all the hero card backgrounds and icons and stuff....they are kind of like little trophies for me. I usually play a character until I get the 100 online wins background, the last one you can get, and then I move on to someone else. I've got all the stuff unlocked for Joker, Harley Quinn, and Batman now.

I heard there is an awesome Justice League name plate background if you get 20 online wins w/ all female characters. Unlocking that is something I really want to do. In addition to Harley, I've got enough wins w/ Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl already. Now I've got to get to work w/ Catwoman, Raven, and Killer Frost.

Early word on Batgirl is that she's pretty good. I have to buy the Season Pass soon

Trying to learn Batgirl in training mode at the moment. What i understand she has a lot of potential. She doesn't seem super easy to use (at least not for me).

Now i just have to try some battle mode with her, i heard she has some pretty funny clash talk with other bat characters.

E: Oh, and Lobo is on the villain side now.

Last edited:
I don't have much time to play today but I did download Batgirl and checked out her moves in the practice mode. She's got so many options! A ton of special moves that open up people for combos.

Her teleport seems very fast too. I have no idea how safe it is on block but, when timed right, she's going to wreck some zoners.

Her trait is cool also...when she has her normal gauntlet on she does extra damage on hit, when she has her gloves electrified then she does extra chip damage to blocking opponents instead.

I hear her damage is weak but, with so many options and such combo potential, it's not that big a disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"