Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if MK X is coming next, that would make the chances of Injustice 2 coming soon slim.

Very slim. They most likely won't put out two fighters that close to each other for fear they may cannibalize each others sales. Im assuming MK is like an Apr 2015 release and then Injustice 2 would be a Apr 2016 release. But who knows, maybe they feel these two franchises have built in fan bases and wouldn't mind releasing em close to one another. Id buy both regardless of their release.

I didnt have any issues with his outfit, altho to be fair, i did stick to his New 52 costume.

I didnt use Flash much at all as I couldnt learn the character. To this very day that is my biggest failure in gaming. I couldnt learn one of my fav characters.

Too bulky, too clumsy. Speedsters and armor don't mix.

Remember what NRS did with Flash in DCU Vs. Mortal Kombat? That was good. IronFlash from Injustice = stupid.

Anyone else remember the Marvel Vs. DC story from the nineties? That could make a good starting point for a fighting game roster:
I actualy thought all the DC characters from Mortal Kombat vs DC universe look bad with their original outfits. It look so bland, drab, and boring. I rather get what we got from Injustice. Thier orginal outfits did not translate into the game well.

Last edited:
I thought the original classic suits translated well in DC vs MK

They're called classic for a reason. If it ain't broke...

I feel like some of the Injustice designs suffer from Liefeld Syndrome: trying too hard at being "new" or "edgy", and just coming out as busy and disorienting. You don't need body armor when you're bulletproof, or have a forcefield. Catwoman's Insurgency costume was a hot mess.

They're called classic for a reason. If it ain't broke...

Some of em are broke. Wonder Woman and Superman being the best examples.

But it ultimately doesnt matter. NRS is good about adding in lots of alt costumes. Even if some characters didnt get their original "classic" costumes, they at least got some standard comic based outfits. Like Supermans New 52.

Yup,It's a beat em up fighting game that stars comic book characters in their universe and so automatically it make it an over the top game,The serum plot where it makes their bones much stronger and body damage resistant is a nice touch and enough imo,No need for armor suits like that,Sure it makes sense for the future their in and so ok have special alternate suits but the designs were just too much.

My biggest wish in my wish list for a 2nd game besides more characters is classic suits or at least New 52 as default suits with new made ones a salts then more comic suits as dlc

I really have no issue with re-designs. NRS direction was just the problem. Like some already mentioned, some of the characters were way too armored. Superman being the best example.

But of course they had some awesome designs, like Green Arrow and Aquaman. And Hawkgirl was actually a prime example of how to keep things classic, but with a nice update.

My biggest wish in my wish list for a 2nd game besides more characters is classic suits or at least New 52 as default suits with new made ones a salts then more comic suits as dlc

Yea I can agree that everyone should of had a classic or at least new 52 outfit. Be it DLC or what have u. I guess their thinking was everyone has seen those outfits, let's do something different. Which I get, there were some outfits that I had never seen before, so that was kinda neat to see.

u got
You got to be kidding with me? Are you sure that is not fanboy in you talking?
DC classic suits could look good in Marval vs Capcom 3, but it looked really bad in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

u got
You got to be kidding with me? Are you sure that is not fanboy in you talking?
DC classic suits could look good in Marval vs Capcom 3, but it looked really bad in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

What makes your opinion true and valid over mine?

No some are tired. That's a small part of why the New 52 was needed. A lot of these characters needed updating. No studio should ever feel like a slave to the originals and it's good NRS understands this. Not saying all their designs were good, some were awful(Batman) but it's good to see them taking liberties. We need more of that, not less and I'm fairly certain that will continue, at least with NRS
My thing is, I don't necessarily am against them having their own designs. The stuff they did with the alternate universe was fine bc it fit with the story they were trying to sell. Altering the standard looks and having that be the default, was what I didn't like and it sucked for the characters that weren't Batman and received like 10 costumes, but instead only had the ugly ones that NRS created

Just borrow my brother's game and played some of it. I haven't played any of the story mode, so this isn't a review of any kind. I'm just pointing out my opinions about the core fighting so far.

I have to say...it's pretty good, but not much more than that.

Here are some pros and cons for me:

+) Good fighting mechanics that are fun much in the same way as Mortal Kombat.

+) Some cool combos.

+) Good use of the health bar instead of simply having two "rounds".

+) Great stage transitions, even though some are like "That should kill him/her".

-) Some questionable choices in character selection. I mean, is Bane really needed in this game? There are too many slow, big brutes in the villain side. Could have used this slot to someone else.

-) Some pretty bad redesigns.

-) The fighting is too unspectacular given that it's a superhero fighting game. I mean, it is fun and all that but I never feel like a super powered being in this game. Capcom captures this SO much better in their MvC games. This game is simply too slow and stale. This is one of my main problems with this game. It feels too unimaginative given the great characters they have in use.

-) Some super attacks (full bar) are cool but most of them are simply weird and boring to me. Again, Capcom does this kind of thing much better.

-) The game is pretty imbalanced it seems, with characters such as Deathstroke and Sinestro. I've heard they are overused online too.

-) Boring graphics.

Now, as I said, I haven't played story mode or any of the other stuff. From experience with Mortal Kombat 2011 and from what I've heard about this game, the story and bonus stuff doesn't seem to disappoint so I bet those would be on the plus side.

Overall, from playing practice and fighting mode only, this feels like a good game mechanics wise looking at it simply as a fighting game. But at the same time, one would expect a lot more given the characters and the DC world they play in. I can't get over how stale and unimaginative these characters feel to play as, some boring character choices, the dull graphics etc. It's still pretty fun to play in its core though.

Some people said as a fact that this game and Mortal Kombat 2011 are the fighting game highlights of past generation. Well, I agree that Mortal Kombat is one of them. But I'd rank SSFIV and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 above this game (as well as most reviewers as well do, from what I've read). I'd rank MvC3 higher if it wasn't for how bare bones that game is, and UMvC3 seems to have fixed that.

I'd say I agree with the general critical consensus that this seems to be a 7 or 7.5 out of 10. Good but not great. I'd much rather see a Marvel vs DC made by Capcom.

Ew. I really hate Capcom fighters anymore. All flash IMHO. I may get grilled for that but oh well..

Give me Neatherealm for pretty much anything anymore.

Tekken, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, I play them all.

Ew. I really hate Capcom fighters anymore. All flash IMHO. I may get grilled for that but oh well..

Give me Neatherealm for pretty much anything anymore.

What would be perfect for me would be a mixture of Capcom and Netherrealm when it comes to a superhero fighting game. The feeling of actually playing as superheroes/-villains from Capcom, and the deeper combat mechanics from Netherrealm.

Injustice is fun, but I do agree that the combat could use a bit more of a wow factor.

Capcom has questionable DLC tactics but their fighters are top notch. SFIV pretty much revived the dying genre and remains among the best from this gen

Yeah, but as I said, it's still a good and fun game and I bet the story mode beats the story mode of any other fighting game, so my post is definitely not a full review or anything. As you, I gladly play them all.

NRS are really the only ones that put effort into the story. I think Capcom was planning on adding a story mode to MvC3, but ultimately ditched those plans. MvC3's story had the potential to be just crazy fun.

Mortal Kombat and Injustice are the only fighting games that truly interest me.

Bought the Ultimate Edition for £7.99, which was cheaper than buying all the DLC I was missing.

Mortal Kombat and Injustice are the only fighting games that truly interest me.

Yea they're the only ones that held my attention, altho I do stl go back to SFIV every now and then. There was sometbing about MK and Injustice that I just took to. I put a lot of time into really learning those games. Entered a couple local tournies for MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"