• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

INKED: A Thread for Tattoos

With black ink, a lot of the time it seems to turn green (on ones i"ve seen anyway) is that normal?
It depends on the quality of the pigment of the black ink as well as the person's skin tone & sun exposure. It might sometimes look like it's green or even blue, but both are normal.

This is my newest tattoo. Almost blacked out, solid black on my shoulder bone was traumatic, to say the least.

163715_1826092576693_1371655247_2017586_413829_n.jpg

183645_10150159925025281_655785280_8734701_7175367_n.jpg

166541_179491232084731_100000715653521_470942_7545274_n.jpg

That's really cool :up:

Neck Tattoos!

First off, let me say, I am pro-tattoo! I love them! I have several myself, and would love to get lots more! I also enjoy checking out the ink other people have. However, I have a huge problem with tattoos on the neck!

Let me elaborate. I understand that there are people who are heavily tattooed and have gotten tattoos on their necks/throats. These are not the people I have an issue with. It's the young people who have maybe 2-3 tattoos and have shrewdly placed them on their neck! (or hands) I cannot figure out why they choose this location. One, it looks very low class, and two, you can't cover it up with anything shy of a turtleneck. Seeing as how many employers frown on tattoos, you can see why this is an odd choice of placement.

A tattoo artist explained this to me, these kids get neck and hand tattoos because when they wear long sleeve shirts it looks like they are fully tatted all over, like they are all hardcore and stuff. Thats why he said he wont do neck or hands unless they already have a ton of tattoos. its cheating.

But I got tattoos. and as soon as I get a job and some money saved I am getting more. Its been about 2 years since my last one.

I have the five chapters from The Book of Five Rings on my forearms, calves, and the back of my neck. They actually have the brush stroke texture to them.

Been in martial arts all my life and its like a shamanic set really. Any tats I get would be shamanic in nature. To permanent to not have that kind of significance to me.

I will get more when it feels right.

I would like an opinion on a "tramp stamp"

I have like 6 tattoos that I want to get and one of them was a black lion coming out of smoke on my lower back. because it's nice a spacey and I wanted it detailed. I mention this to my firends and they where like "you want a ""tramp stamp"" really??"

I was under the impression that it's called that only when it's a ****** tribal or word or something and not the actually position.

Saying that as well though I have seen some nice tattoo's on women in that area.

thoughts?

I have like 6 tattoos that I want to get and one of them was a black lion coming out of smoke on my lower back. because it's nice a spacey and I wanted it detailed. I mention this to my firends and they where like "you want a ""tramp stamp"" really??"

I was under the impression that it's called that only when it's a ****** tribal or word or something and not the actually position.

Saying that as well though I have seen some nice tattoo's on women in that area.

thoughts?

Most people call anything on that area a "tramp stamp" now. Don't let it bother you though. If you want it there and it has meaning to you then get it.

Whether its sexy or trashy depends far more on the woman its on than the tattoo IMO.

thoughts?

Whether its sexy or trashy depends far more on the woman its on than the tattoo IMO.
:up:

I personally really like that area and was disappointed to find out that the general public did not share my views, haha. But really, it's a good canvas so to speak, and can be easily hidden or shown off, so it sounds pretty good to me. You should go for it if you really want it.

I knew a dude with a tramp stamp tattoo that was a wave. So, its mostly just the name for that spot that stuck.

The upper back is just as spacious, but without the stigma. Just saying.

I have the five chapters from The Book of Five Rings on my forearms, calves, and the back of my neck. They actually have the brush stroke texture to them.

Been in martial arts all my life and its like a shamanic set really. Any tats I get would be shamanic in nature. To permanent to not have that kind of significance to me.

That is BRILLIANT! I've been in martial arts my whole life as well.
Im getting the 7 virtues of bushido on my shoulder soon, would like the brush stroke texture to that as well.

Can you post pics? Would be great to see them!

That is BRILLIANT! I've been in martial arts my whole life as well.
Im getting the 7 virtues of bushido on my shoulder soon, would like the brush stroke texture to that as well.

Can you post pics? Would be great to see them!

I could only find this one that I used for an Avatar before. I used to have some pics on my old computer. This is on my right forearm.

Tatoos

that sounds pretty interesting. are there any pics of them?

I'd like one day to get a tattoo on my upper arm of a playing card with Michael Keaton Batman at the top and Jack Nicholson Joker at the bottom (upside down).

Kinda like the one on the back of The Killing Joke.

If I wanted a vine esque tattoo, and my upper arms were out of the question, where do you reckon it'd look good? I was gonna just get it on one of my forearms, cover it, like. But I thought it might look like **** when next to my other tattoos.

If I wanted a vine esque tattoo, and my upper arms were out of the question, where do you reckon it'd look good? I was gonna just get it on one of my forearms, cover it, like. But I thought it might look like **** when next to my other tattoos.
Pics would help.

I've been working on my tatt for a few months now. Haven't had it inked on me yet, but i'm drawing it up myself, tweaking it, re-considering where i'll put it every day haha, it's hard to find an image you want and where to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"