Insidious 5 - Patrick Wilson Returns/Directs

Interesting. Loved the first two. Wasn't so impressed with 3 and 4. Look forward to seeing what Wilson does.

Curious to see if they get Rose Byrne back.

Love Patrick Wilson and really excited to see him step into the director's chair for the first time. Hope he does well.

I remember liking the first, even when Darth Maul showed up at the end.

Can’t remember the second or even seeing the other ones. May have to revisit them around Halloween.

I don’t know if Patrick Wilson can direct, but good luck to him.

Just from the few shots we got of the two of them, I’m guessing Wilson and Rose Byrne’s characters have broken things off?

I enjoyed Insidious 1 and 2 (not a lover of 3 and 4). Sadly, that trailer isn't really doing it for me. I like Wilson and I wish him success, and hopefully I'll change my mind on this as I see more of it. Good creepy/gets-under-your-skin horror is a lot harder to pull off than many people think. I hope Wilson manages it.

Well, it looks like an Insidious movie.
Yeah, that's the best I can really say about it at the moment.

Just from the few shots we got of the two of them, I’m guessing Wilson and Rose Byrne’s characters have broken things off?
That’s what I was thinking too. Which would make me pretty sad considering all they’ve been through. I mean that’s life but damn that it’s a movie. Let me keep the good couples will ya!

Maul is back

D7F9dRv.jpg

The reviews are exactly what I was expecting based on the trailer. I'm seeing it tomorrow, and hoping it's at the very least entertaining.

Seeing it tonight and I am a bit excited for it.

I’m still weirded out to see the kid from the original movies, Iron Man 3 and Jurassic World as a grown adult lol

This is better than what the reviews lead to believe. Slightly above average due to how they handled the family's story and performances.

Thought it tapered off a bit toward the end, the red demon was barely in the film and barely had a presence. It was more regarding Dalton realizing his father had gone Jack Torrence on them.

6.5/10

Last edited:
It certainly wasn't outrageously bad, but just very bland. It isn't even remotely scary. Almost all the scares are fleeting (jump scares galore) and even when it tries to grow suspense, I didn't feel it. The original Insidious had a really tense, scary mood and while it has one of the greatest jump scares of all time, the suspenseful sequences were what really stuck with me. I'd say this is the least successful entry in the franchise, when it comes to inventive scares and creating a mood. The family story is pretty good though, even if the ending feels half-baked.

Ty Simpkins and Sinclair Daniel were both really good though, I wouldn't mind watching another adventure with those two. Rose Byrne's tiny amount of screen time and lackluster role was a disappointment. So was the Lipstick Demon!! This was supposed to be his big showcase, but absolutely not, that didn't happen in any capacity.

Overall, The Red Door feels less like an epic conclusion, than just another entry in a franchise that lost its way a long time ago.

I had no clue this one was happening. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"