• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playstation Insomniac's Spider-Man 2

I’m finally getting around to completing Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and I just finished the Howard side quest and man….. tragically beautiful.

The Sony formula needs remodeling. These movie games, need to focus more on gameplay. I pick up the controller I walk forward two feet, and then I put the controller down for 15 minutes or more. Spider-Man, horizon, God of war.

The Sony formula needs remodeling. These movie games, need to focus more on gameplay. I pick up the controller I walk forward two feet, and then I put the controller down for 15 minutes or more. Spider-Man, horizon, God of war.
I can see God of War somewhat fitting that description, but Horizon and Spider-Man?

I can see God of War somewhat fitting that description, but Horizon and Spider-Man?
It took me 7 months to beat spider man. Someone bought it, and I just wasn’t interested in a sequel, but every time I picked that game up a boring cut scene came up, and they’re long . Or a puzzle, or a Mary Jane section. Horizon, to get bits of information when you’re talking to characters, there may be 3 characters on screen, you click on one of them and you get 30 boxes to click on and that might take you 45 minutes to get they all 3 characters. I enjoyed all of the 3 first in this series, but the roof caved in on the sequels

What's wrong with those games though?

I remember how revolutionary when the first game for those came out (2017/18) and even though their respective sequel didn't reinvent the wheel. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with it. I just wish we are getting more of those games rather than these live service/multiplayer games.

What's wrong with those games though?

I remember how revolutionary when the first game for those came out (2017/18) and even though their respective sequel didn't reinvent the wheel. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with it. I just wish we are getting more of those games rather than these live service/multiplayer games.
I don’t know how to explain it. Spider-Man 2 took me 7 months to beat, horizon 2 I’ve had for over a year and haven’t beat, god of war was ok, but something was seriously off with the sequels. The writing was worse for starters. Spider-Man 2 was so horribly written. The first one had a somewhat mature feel, the second one was written for 10 year olds. It’s a very annoying game. Spider-Man never shuts up. I’m trying to concentrate but Peter or Myles have to yell at who they’re fighting the whole time. Aloy never shuts up during a fight either, at the very least she’s at least talking mess, while in Spider-Man they’re always having a conversation during every single fight, explaining or defending themselves while throwing punches. Spider-Man 2 felt rushed and slapped together. That game and Spider-Man are gearing up towards the teen crowds. I can’t imagine more teens are playing God of war than adults. It’s rated Mature but the series seems it’s shifting towards Atreus. I might be interested in war 3 but right now I would not purchase the other two unless it’s on the classics 20 dollar list. I guess I don’t find the stories to be that good to justify all the time you have to put the controller down. I play God of war for kratos not to play as his weaker son. I play Spider-Man for Spider-Man, not to play as Mary Jane.

I don’t know how to explain it. Spider-Man 2 took me 7 months to beat, horizon 2 I’ve had for over a year and haven’t beat, god of war was ok, but something was seriously off with the sequels. The writing was worse for starters. Spider-Man 2 was so horribly written. The first one had a somewhat mature feel, the second one was written for 10 year olds. It’s a very annoying game. Spider-Man never shuts up. I’m trying to concentrate but Peter or Myles have to yell at who they’re fighting the whole time. Aloy never shuts up during a fight either, at the very least she’s at least talking mess, while in Spider-Man they’re always having a conversation during every single fight, explaining or defending themselves while throwing punches. Spider-Man 2 felt rushed and slapped together. That game and Spider-Man are gearing up towards the teen crowds. I can’t imagine more teens are playing God of war than adults. It’s rated Mature but the series seems it’s shifting towards Atreus. I might be interested in war 3 but right now I would not purchase the other two unless it’s on the classics 20 dollar list. I guess I don’t find the stories to be that good to justify all the time you have to put the controller down. I play God of war for kratos not to play as his weaker son. I play Spider-Man for Spider-Man, not to play as Mary Jane.
They need a better writing team then, not remodeling.

Sony have been prioritizing live service/multiplayer games in the last few years and those kinds of games (from the ones I've seen) don't really have a story to begin with.

They need a better writing team then, not remodeling.

Sony have been prioritizing live service/multiplayer games in the last few years and those kinds of games (from the ones I've seen) don't really have a story to begin with.
Oh I’m mostly an offline player, so I don’t even know what live service is.

Oh I’m mostly an offline player, so I don’t even know what live service is.
A live service game is where you can play with other people online and do a bunch of repetitive stuff in exchange for ingame rewards, and the story is either barebones or nowhere to be found.

A live service game is where you can play with other people online and do a bunch of repetitive stuff in exchange for ingame rewards, and the story is either barebones or nowhere to be found.
I recently played Helldivers 2. Is that live serviced? What are some examples of live service games

I recently played Helldivers 2. Is that live serviced? What are some examples of live service games
Helldivers 1 and 2 are live service games.

Fall Guys is a live service game and is my most played live service game (500hrs+, yeah I know), and it has no story at all.

Grand Theft Auto Online is one of the most popular live service games out there. Though I haven't played it because it requires me a PS Plus subscription. I'm not sure if has any real story.

Avengers 2020 which featured a story campaign was a live service game. Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League is a live service game. Gotham Knights might be too. Deconstruction AllStars from Sony is a live service game which flopped.

Helldivers 1 and 2 are live service games.

Fall Guys is a live service game and is my most played live service game (500hrs+, yeah I know), and it has no story at all.

Grand Theft Auto Online is one of the most popular live service games out there. Though I haven't played it because it requires me a PS Plus subscription. I'm not sure if has any real story.

Avengers 2020 which featured a story campaign was a live service game. Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League is a live service game. Gotham Knights might be too. Deconstruction AllStars from Sony is a live service game which flopped.
I rented Helldivers 2 and wasn’t enough to get me to buy. Gotham knights gameplay had me put that game down after trying hard. It’s story mode though and similar to Arkham. I know they do have online multiplayer

An LSG isn't exclusively a multiplayer game. If a single-player game has a "live" component to it, then it is an LGS.

For example, the recent Hitman trilogy has live components such as scoreboards/leaderboards and the Elusive Targets. Thus, they're live-service games even though they're single-player games.

11 million copies sold
7 million needed to sell to break even
Capture-d-e-cran-2024-05-29-a-23-36-13.png

Yay for Spider-Verse Peter. Now what do we gotta do for them to add sweatpants? :o

I'm waiting for the Venom spin off game, if its really going to come out.

As for a DLC, they are really taking their time I guess.

I just want the Vigilante Suit from Amazing Spider-Man.
That and the Wrestling suit from the first Raimi Spider-Man are the only two suits missing from the live action movies apart from maybe an alternate battle damaged skin for the Raimi suit. They're not essential but I'd love to see them for completion's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"