Invader Zim...It's Not Stupid, It's Advanced!

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
Any fans of the show on here? It's a pretty dark/creepy/weird cartoon, but if you get the humor, it's one of the best animated shows you can watch, IMO. It's been popping up on Nicktoons again (It came back for March this year for a month only, now recently they've added it to their block again.) I haven't seen all the episodes yet, mainly because when I watched it when it first came on I couldn't keep up with the schedule changes they had for the show. I just recently got "Invader Zim: Complete Invasion Set," can't wait to watch it! :woot:

I've read there's quite a few episodes that were in production, but never finished. But if you buy the House Box set it comes with an extra disc, does anyone know if it includes those episodes, or what's actually on it?

On of to best underrated shows from Nick, If you have Nicktoons it still comes on.:wow::awesome:

Very underrated, I'm pretty sure Nick canceled it because it was getting an older audience than they wanted to. I think if it would've been on CN we might have actually got another season or two of it. I think it's one of Nickelodeons few classic shows (Ren & Stimpy and Avatar: The Last Airbender are the only ones popping into my mind.)

'Bout time there was a ZIM thread.

I have the house box set and it's pretty awesome. The extra disc it comes with features the recorded audio from the episodes that were never made. It also has a sample soundtrack and a few interesting interviews. To top it all off, it comes with a shnazzy figure of GIR in duty mode.
Invader ZIM has to be my favorite cartoon. It's perfectly twisted and all-around hilarious. Seriously underrated and overlooked.

Ahhh okay cool, thanks for letting me know :D Do they mention anything about an Invader Zim movie? I've heard they were somewhat planning on making one, but it never happened. It's really a shame they didn't make that many episodes of the show. I'm pretty sure Jhonen (creator) sold all the rights to Nickelodeon, which really, really sucks.

Yeah, it does suck, and the movie will probably never happen. I read rumors about the series ending with some kind of movie, but it got canceled so long ago.

Yeah, it does suck, and the movie will probably never happen. I read rumors about the series ending with some kind of movie, but it got canceled so long ago.
Yeah, I think Jhonen said he doesn't want to do anymore Invader Zim related stuff either. And with Nick having the rights... We probably don't want to see any new Invader Zim stuff, unless the same team is behind it.

Edit-

I found this, Jhonen talks about what he would've done with the series if it continued, thought I'd post it:

In an IGN interview, when asked that "had the series continued, would Zim have been able to conquer Earth?", Jhonen Vasquez jokingly responded "Ultimately, my idea was to take his sights off world domination, as ZIM begins to understand that there is a beauty in human life, an understanding that sets him on his path to becoming a public legal defender. I was very inspired by Ben Affleck's powerful courtroom scenes in Daredevil, and I wanted to move people to tears like those scenes moved me. But the show was canceled before any of that, thus leaving our audience of ten unfulfilled.", leaving possibilities of Zim's fate towards the end of the series open.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Invader_Zim_episodes#cite_note-Adam_Tierney-1

Last edited:
In an IGN interview, when asked that "had the series continued, would Zim have been able to conquer Earth?", Jhonen Vasquez jokingly responded "Ultimately, my idea was to take his sights off world domination, as ZIM begins to understand that there is a beauty in human life, an understanding that sets him on his path to becoming a public legal defender. I was very inspired by Ben Affleck's powerful courtroom scenes in Daredevil, and I wanted to move people to tears like those scenes moved me. But the show was canceled before any of that, thus leaving our audience of ten unfulfilled.", leaving possibilities of Zim's fate towards the end of the series open.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Daredevil courtroom scenes moving him to tears?

Invader Zim was awesome and disturbing at times. I was going to write a fanfic that had an Invader Zim/Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy crossover , but I lacked the awesomeness to do it.

I don't see how you could have ever feasibly ended the show. It just wasn't that type of show.

I liked the series. I don't think the show was ahead of its time at all, but I do think it was too different a little grimier and darker.

I also think part of the problem is Vasquez's downer, manic-depressive attitude. Listening to his commentaries on the DVD's is depressing since he's so negative while everyone is trying to talk up the show and the fun they had with it.

I also think part of the problem is Vasquez's downer, manic-depressive attitude. Listening to his commentaries on the DVD's is depressing since he's so negative while everyone is trying to talk up the show and the fun they had with it.
Good grief, as much as I love Invader Zim I agree totally, Vasquez's borderline nihilism makes me want to just punch the guy.

I dunno, I never took it seriously. I think he just has a much darker sense of humor than everyone else involved is all.
And I can imagine why he'd be depressed. He said working on the show was a really saddening point in his life, so I can imagine why he wouldn't have the best memories from it.

I love the show, I Netflix it all the time. Sure, the guy kinda comes off as a shmuck, but his show is still good.

I just watched the episode "Hamstergeddon", hilarious! :D How do you put the commentary on? I looked at the extras and didn't see it in there.

Also, a user at RoomWithAMoose has noticed some coincidences with IZ as of now:

A user on roomwithamoose.com noticed several Invader Zim activities and brings up some good points.

1. Zim reruns return for a month, and its heavily promoted.
2. A new Zim game is added to Nick.com
3. The Zim DVDs are re-released at an expensive price of $50 for all 27 episodes
4. And the biggest clue of all…this Nick.com message board thread started by a moderator of the board.

Last edited:
Interesting. Goes to show that ZIM is just a bit more popular everyday. But it's still significantly underrated.

The main reason i watch the show is for thos little "GIR" moments

It seems a company called "Soapy Waffles" is animating one of the episodes that never got finished. Here's a trailer for it.

[YT]7eb52SsBP1M[/YT]

I wish Nick would just make new episodes for the show.

I love Invader Zim. It was very creative and different. A lot of dark and gallows type humor as well. But I still enjoyed it. Gir was a great character and honestly I kind of empathize with Zim even though his goal is to basically take over the world. I empathize with him because he's sort of the black sheep of his people and he doesn't even get it and he always tries so hard even though he usually fails miserably.

Great voice acting as well. I love the voices for Zim and Gir. Gir was brilliant.

Damn, it's been a long time since I saw this. Love Gir :heart:. Think I'm gonna see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"