Season 1 Finale/NickToons Broadcast Update; Season 2 Update!

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Marvel Animation age had some new information up on this season's final episodes to be aired on NickToons. Yes I know. Keep in mind, that they just did episode 23 here.

http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=434

Upcoming "Wolverine And The X-Men," "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" Episode Details
November 19, 2009 by James Harvey

Nicktoons Network has released schedule details for upcoming episodes of Wolverine and The X-Men and Iron Man: Armored Adventures, including season finale information.

Nicktoons Network is slated to air a host of new Wolverine and The X-Men and Iron Man: Armored Adventures episodes over the next two weeks, including the respective season finale episodes for both series. New episodes of both Wolverine and The X-Men and Iron Man: Armored Adventures will air in their regular Friday night timeslots on Nicktoons Network this week before both moving to special weekend timeslots next week for season finale event programming. Further schedule details for are available below.

Nicktoons Network has provided official details for this week’s all-new Wolverine and The X-Men episode "Shades of Grey," scheduled to air Friday, November 20th, 2009, at 8pm (ET) on Nicktoons Network. The network describes the episode as follows, as seen below.

Friday, November 20th, 2009 at 8:00pm (ET) – Wolverine and the X-Men #123 "Shades of Grey"
Jean Grey, still suffering from amnesia, is finally detected by Emma when she accidentally uses her powers. But before Emma and Scott can get to her, Jean lashes out with a psychic blast that knocks everyone within five hundred miles unconscious. Unfortunately this incident gains the attention of Sinister, who sends Archangel to collect her. Scott and Emma race to reach Jean first, but even if they do, they’ll have to protect her from the relentless and indomitable Archangel.

"Shades of Grey," written by Greg Johnson and directed by Doug Murphy, premieres Friday, November 20th, 2009, at 8pm (ET) and is repeated the same night at 11pm (ET).

Schedule details have also been provided by Nicktoons Network concerning the 90-minute Wolverine and The X-Men season finale, scheduled to air Sunday, November 29th, 2009, beginning at 9pm (ET) on Nicktoons Network. Consisting of the final three first season episodes of Wolverine and The X-Men, Nicktoons Network is scheduled to air the finale as a single 90-minute presentation. Further details for the three-part Wolverine and The X-Men season finale are available below.

Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at 9:00pm (ET) – Wolverine and the X-Men #124 "Foresight, Part One"
Jean Grey is now in the clutches of a shadowy organization known as The Inner Circle. The nature of the Phoenix Force dwelling inside her is explained, and a plan is set in motion to remove it from her before it can cause mass destruction. At the same time, Magneto uses Mystique to impersonate Senator Kelly and order the launch of the Sentinels on Genosha. In the face of such an overt and unprovoked attack from the humans, Magneto now has everything he needs to unite mutant-kind and mount a counterattack. However, Wanda wants no part of it and sends a warning to the X-Men, but will it be too late?

Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at 9:30pm (ET) – Wolverine and the X-Men #125 "Foresight, Part Two"
Jean is still in the clutches of the Inner Circle, where Emma and The Cuckoos work to open the mental barriers that Xavier had placed in Jean's mind to hold back the Phoenix. But the process is interrupted by Jean's psychic connection to Scott who is in trouble. That's because the unconscious X-Men remain in their crashed jet outside the Sentinel launch facility while the MRD closes in on them. Emma insists on going to help Scott, creating a rift between her and the Inner Circle, which is widened when she learns that the Inner Circle does not plan to destroy the Phoenix, but instead to harness it. Meanwhile, in the future, Xavier has been forced to use Master Mold's Cerebro unit to track down every last mutant on the planet, and once he's finished, Master Mold prepares to execute them all. But at the last minute, some very surprising help comes to Xavier's aid.

Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at 10:00pm (ET) – Wolverine and the X-Men #126 "Foresight, Part Three"
The final chapter. Magneto's Sentinels land in New York, and begin their retaliation against the humans. Meanwhile, the Cuckoos have worn down Jean's mind, and the final barriers holding back the Phoenix are ready to fall. In the future, Xavier, Bishop, and the rest of the X-Men prepare to make a final, hopeless stand against Master Mold. And in the present, it's up to Wolverine to stop both Magneto and the Inner Circle, and prevent that catastrophic future from coming to pass.

Production is currently underway for a second season of 26 new episodes of Wolverine and The X-Men, with the episodes scheduled to premiere on Nicktoons Network in 2010. Stay tuned for further updates, including exclusive details and content.

Well the good news is that the 3 part finale will be aired together on one night as a special the way it was meant to be shown like the first 3 episodes. Nice way to bookend this season starting with a 3 parter and ending with a 3 parter. I think NickToons took a little too long to finish this season though. Hopefully a good amount of work was started on season 2 so we won't have to wait too long for it. I tell you guys it was a long journey just getting this one season but I'm glad it finally made it.

So MAA pretty much confirms that season 2 will be on NickToons. Season 2 will most likely be another 26 WHOPPING EPISODES! Woo, hope that's true. And also targeted for 2010. I also hope that's true since the wait for the new Avengers show is also kinda long.

Good news indeed, I really hope season 2 will be premiered soon

A second season was announced before Season 1 even started airing on NickToons, and 2010 of course is rather vague. If it takes on average of 14-18 months for finished animation to return from overseas for a DTV, which usually has a higher budget than TV episodes, then I imagine that perhaps by fall 2010 at least enough episodes for a month of new episodes (4) could be ready by then. It does seem that orders of 26 episodes are becoming the norm again. The 2006 FF cartoon had 26 episodes, and technically SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN did, they were simply chopped into 13 episode seasons because that is how Kid's WB did things.

Hopefully this means we can, gasp, actually see a promo image within the next few months.

Well both Spider-man and X-men in the 90's went past 52 episodes. FF, Iron Man, and Hulk went to 26. Silver Surfer got 13.

Avengers getting 52 episodes is sick. Still, we have to wait like another two/three years :D .

True ,but I am confident this show and superhero squad will get pass 52 episodes especially if this shows stays on nicktoons and not go to disneyxd. Can't wait for season 2 I'm predicting fall 2010

People were saying Wolverine and The X-men was going to Disney XD. Not sure why. Yeah they got Spectacular and other shows, but I mean CN has Squad. NickToons just got the Fantastic Four. And X-men got good ratings on NickToons. According to the creators I spoke with at Marvel, they really like NickToons as a partner, so I would assume season 2 would be on there.

As for Avengers, no clue where it will end up. I'm still surprised that Marvel worked with CN again after Fantastic Four. CN isn't really a good place for superhero shows anymore.

Maybe NickToons had less demands of their show(s), and/or there has been some bad blood between Disney and Marvel in the past, especially in regards to animated TV shows. Just because Disney is or will soon be Marvel's boss doesn't mean that tension has decreased.

Still, it is good at least that we will be getting at least some of WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Season 2 in 2010. I will be curious to see what is in store for the show and how the writing has improved. Or not. Errors or hiccups in a debut season, whether 13 episodes or 26, can reasonably be claimed to have been "freshman jitters" in so many words. And that is fair. A second season, however, raises the bar. The show is no longer new and struggling to prove itself; it is a commodity now. The writers now have an extra year of experience with the show they have created, they know what works and what does not better than when drafting Season 1. A sophomore season is when we really see what this show is made of.

You are getting Colossus Dread, that should severly limit your complaints ;) .

You are getting Colossus Dread, that should severly limit your complaints ;) .

I got Colossus in X-MEN EVOLUTION, too. He even showed up in 8 episodes. I had much to complain about, though. If he's treated well and actually does something and doesn't, well, suck in battle as much as he did in EVOLUTION, then complaints will be limited.

Finally animating the genuine Fastball Special, in a Wolverine starring show, is overdue. :awesome:

Fall 2010-that's too long to wait!!!!! Please let it be sooner!

Season 2 was confirmed as being in "pre-production" as of November 2008, exactly one year ago. There were finished character designs at the San Diego Comic Con over the summer ready. Still, "Fall 2010", which is my estimate, would be Sept. 2010, exactly 9-10 months from now. It is possible some episodes could be finished, edited, and ready to air before then, but I doubt it would be as soon as two months from now (one rumor claimed Jan. 2010 was a target debut date). It is possible we could start seeing promotional ads or even a teaser trailer for Season 2 within two months, but I'd be shocked if anyone saw a finished episode, even internationally, before April.

lol Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we got these episodes next summer.

No one said Fall 2010 so we really don't know for sure yet.

season 1 for example premiered in March.

Because the year has 12 months, every 3 months is considered a "quarter" for financial markets. The 3rd Quarter would be October-December. Which means if it debuted in, say, Sept. 2010, then that release is 100% true.

It's still a vague projection date, which probably means there is still some editing and post-production work to be done, and whatnot. Again, while a rumor on another thread about Season 2 starting in Jan. 2010 is likely optimistic baloney, I wouldn't be surprised if we at least saw some press releases, promotional ads and maybe even an internet video trailer for Season 2 by "first quarter 2010". I believe for Season 1, some teasers were floating around by Dec. 2008 (with the CREED music that was obtained without permission - Marvel learns everything the hard way).

I forget when Season 1 debuted in Canada and elsewhere vs. when it showed up on NickToons. I do know the rest of the world got about a 9-13 episode jump on us yanks. This has to change if the corporate bigwigs seriously want to end the practice of "early downloads". It has to mean, gasp, actually airing timely and frequent new episodes in America. I know, know...baffling. :o

Because the year has 12 months, every 3 months is considered a "quarter" for financial markets. The 3rd Quarter would be October-December. Which means if it debuted in, say, Sept. 2010, then that release is 100% true.

It's still a vague projection date, which probably means there is still some editing and post-production work to be done, and whatnot. Again, while a rumor on another thread about Season 2 starting in Jan. 2010 is likely optimistic baloney, I wouldn't be surprised if we at least saw some press releases, promotional ads and maybe even an internet video trailer for Season 2 by "first quarter 2010". I believe for Season 1, some teasers were floating around by Dec. 2008 (with the CREED music that was obtained without permission - Marvel learns everything the hard way).

I forget when Season 1 debuted in Canada and elsewhere vs. when it showed up on NickToons. I do know the rest of the world got about a 9-13 episode jump on us yanks. This has to change if the corporate bigwigs seriously want to end the practice of "early downloads". It has to mean, gasp, actually airing timely and frequent new episodes in America. I know, know...baffling. :o
Dread, that teaser was not meant for the public. It was a sample version they were using privately that somehow got leaked online. Note how the same basic trailer was later released again but with different music.

Also the show debuted in Canada I think like September 2008.

Latin American territories blew through the series in like 4 weeks because they aired a new episode like every day of the week (remember when cartoons would sometimes do this in the 80's?)

I vaguely remember that happening sometime after the pilot was screened at SDCC 08.

From what I gleaned from creator responses on another message board, it was not their choice for it to be broadcast in this way. It's in the hands of the broadcasters the order the show gets shown. The impression I got was that they weren't happy with the whole show being aired across the world so quickly and of course those spoilers got out very quickly online.

At this point I think the only way to curb the downloading is to stream it directly from the source yourselves. Anime producers are now releasing new episodes of shows subtitled concurrent with their original Japanese broadcasts online. Network TV channels have also adopted the digital streaming on demand model.

The only reason and I believe the only true reason we had to wait so long was because of the Wolverine movie. I think it was a little silly because if the show's done and you got a deal, I say show it. But to NickToons credit they did spend some good time and money on promoting the show for several months so that was a benefit.

I got Colossus in X-MEN EVOLUTION, too. He even showed up in 8 episodes. I had much to complain about, though. If he's treated well and actually does something and doesn't, well, suck in battle as much as he did in EVOLUTION, then complaints will be limited.

He was in this show as well for one episode. We know for a fact that they are planning a big reappearance for Colossus that INCLUDES Magik so that already says a lot more about his role compared to X-men Evolution. So stop hating.

Last edited:
Dread, that teaser was not meant for the public. It was a sample version they were using privately that somehow got leaked online. Note how the same basic trailer was later released again but with different music.

Also the show debuted in Canada I think like September 2008.

Latin American territories blew through the series in like 4 weeks because they aired a new episode like every day of the week (remember when cartoons would sometimes do this in the 80's?)

I vaguely remember that happening sometime after the pilot was screened at SDCC 08.

From what I gleaned from creator responses on another message board, it was not their choice for it to be broadcast in this way. It's in the hands of the broadcasters the order the show gets shown. The impression I got was that they weren't happy with the whole show being aired across the world so quickly and of course those spoilers got out very quickly online.

At this point I think the only way to curb the downloading is to stream it directly from the source yourselves. Anime producers are now releasing new episodes of shows subtitled concurrent with their original Japanese broadcasts online. Network TV channels have also adopted the digital streaming on demand model.

The only reason and I believe the only true reason we had to wait so long was because of the Wolverine movie. I think it was a little silly because if the show's done and you got a deal, I say show it. But to NickToons credit they did spend some good time and money on promoting the show for several months so that was a benefit.

Yeah, WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN has been promoted fairly well. Commercials, and comic ads for the TV show as well as for the DVD releases from Lion's Gate. NickToons has promoted the show a bit better than Disney XD has promoted SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN; sure, they air the episodes many times a week, but you hardly see any ads.

The decision to air the finale as one large block is also a good choice.

I agree, a model similar to anime or even, say, NBC which often will stream many episodes of their shows like HEROES live on their website the day after they air, with the only caveat being that you have to watch a 30 second ad before the show starts and about every 10-15 minutes (which isn't as bad as normal TV, where you get 2-3 minutes of ads per commerical). I know the creators of the show have no power over how it is broadcast internationally. I just would prefer a sane viewing schedule. 3 new episodes and then 2 months of repeats does not do well for suspense.

TheVileOne said:
He was in this show as well for one episode. We know for a fact that they are planning a big reappearance for Colossus that INCLUDES Magik so that already says a lot more about his role compared to X-men Evolution. So stop hating.

Yeah, that is positive news. I was just citing a prior example. If EVOLUTION proved anything in terms of Colossus, it is that quality beats quantity. He only showed up in 2 episodes (within the first 2 seasons) of the 90's X-MEN show, but both of those episodes were memorable, good episodes and the character was written well and even had a very minor character arc. There were some post-Cold War cliches, but c'mon, Colossus always has those.

EVOLUTION, while having him show up in 8 episodes, really didn't do much with him as a character beyond tease or show cameos. His design was fine and I'm sure his VA was fine, but the show was crammed with characters and there was no room for him. I understand that objectively, but it was annoying, especially as Season 4 devoted some of their final 9 episodes on Mirage and Legion, for cripes' sake.

The SDCC interview at least gave the impression that the writers would rather use him well than just have him pop up for cameo's, and that's a positive step and philosophy. I'd rather he only get one or two really great episodes/performances/showings than a half dozen appearances where he does nothing. Earlier in the year or last year I griped about him never "joining" the X-Men in a show; at this point I've changed my mind - it doesn't matter what happens with him so long as he's written well. At the very least, the W&TXM crew have tried to apply a similar philosophy to Gambit; he only showed up twice in Season 1, but they tried to make a big deal of it each time (and to be fair, "ACES AND EIGHTS" was a solid episode).

I don't gush until I see a finished product, though. If a teaser had some awesome metal man smash moments, though, I'd be psyched. I'm not hating. :)

Last edited:
Dear Santa,

All I want for X Mas is a trailer for the second season of Wolverine and the X Men:woot: I promise to be a good girl!

Sincerely,

EvilClareToo

Gambit's only been in 2 episodes but now with another 26 in production its obvious he will return at some point since his subplot was left open ended. Like SAMMY THE SQUIDBOY.

Here's the thing about X-men Evolution with Colossus. The intent definitely seemed to be there that Colossus was working for Magneto under some sort of coercion. They didn't go much further with that and dropped that subplot. I'm assuming Magneto was doing something with Colossus or Colossus was being blackmailed or obligated to Magneto. There's precedence for this in the comics as Colossus was one of Magneto's acolytes at one point in 1990's.

Now I was also disappointed they dropped this subplot and didn't really give us Colossus' backstory. However there was also more they wanted to do with the series, but they basically made the Apocalypse storyline their final storyline since therre wasn't going to be any more. Did Colossus get shafted. Yup. But so did other characters. However, I think how successful the overline storyline was made up for it. I'm just saying the intent seemed to be there but for one reason or another the production couldn't follow through.

The first season of THIS show was very busy. With that in mind it makes sense to hold back Colossus' return to the story to give him the time and spotlight he deserves. Season 1 had to deal with similar subplots with Nightcrawler, Storm, and Rogue. Now if he doesn't get it, then you and I will again be rightfully disappointed.

Dear Santa,

All I want for X Mas is a trailer for the second season of Wolverine and the X Men:woot: I promise to be a good girl!

Sincerely,

EvilClareTo
And I agree, lol. I think we can expect one either by the end of December or early January. Fingers crossed anyway :yay:.

According to Wiki, they released some pics of Deadpool, Havok etc at comic con. If so, where are they? I assumed they would be online. Ah well. I'll keep a look out for any new news. Can't wait for a trailer!!

Gambit's only been in 2 episodes but now with another 26 in production its obvious he will return at some point since his subplot was left open ended. Like SAMMY THE SQUIDBOY.

Now, now. :o

(Even if he is dead, I'm not wrong that he did more in Season 1 than Colossus, am I?)

TheVileOne said:
Here's the thing about X-men Evolution with Colossus. The intent definitely seemed to be there that Colossus was working for Magneto under some sort of coercion. They didn't go much further with that and dropped that subplot. I'm assuming Magneto was doing something with Colossus or Colossus was being blackmailed or obligated to Magneto. There's precedence for this in the comics as Colossus was one of Magneto's acolytes at one point in 1990's.

Now I was also disappointed they dropped this subplot and didn't really give us Colossus' backstory. However there was also more they wanted to do with the series, but they basically made the Apocalypse storyline their final storyline since therre wasn't going to be any more. Did Colossus get shafted. Yup. But so did other characters. However, I think how successful the overline storyline was made up for it. I'm just saying the intent seemed to be there but for one reason or another the production couldn't follow through.

To be fair, in X-MEN EVOLUTION Season 4 they all but stated that Colossus' family was missing and that either Magneto was holding them hostage, or they were missing and he merely knew their exact hereabouts. So exactly why Colossus was with Magneto was essentially stated; Magneto was essentially blackmailing Piotr into serving him.

I understand that Evolution was a busy show, cluttered with characters and, after Season 1, trying to flesh a great deal of them even outside the ones who were X-Men (such as Lance Alvers/Avalanche, or Toad). Still, Season 4, which only had 9 episodes, literally wasted a few of those episodes on introducing one-shot characters that had nothing to do with the Apocalypse story and were never going to be seen again. I'll give the writing crew a pass on their second X-23 episode (which featured the lamest defeat of Omega Red ever), but then you have episodes in which we needlessly learn that Xavier has an insane psychic son and Kitty somehow comes into contact with Mirage and saves her. Those episodes could have been cut from a season set and would not be missed in the slightest in terms of story flow. One of those episodes could have easily been used on Colossus, or anything else really.

I loved the finale of EVOLUTION and on the whole the entire show is a triumph; so much so that while I am glad that Marvel is airing the series for free online and on YouTube for viewers, I'd be even happier if we could gave sane box set DVD releases so I could watch it as it was intended, instead of on a small pixel box. I know it'd probably take some dealing with WB, but c'mon.

TheVileOne said:
The first season of THIS show was very busy. With that in mind it makes sense to hold back Colossus' return to the story to give him the time and spotlight he deserves. Season 1 had to deal with similar subplots with Nightcrawler, Storm, and Rogue. Now if he doesn't get it, then you and I will again be rightfully disappointed.

Also true. This season was very busy. There was a lot of storyline stuff to peg down, a lot of battles and cameos to get past. I don't recall much of a Storm subplot beyond her having semi-central roles in 2 episodes, but naturally Nightcrawler and Rogue had some mini-arcs, as did Wolverine and Cyclops. I may not quite agree with how the Cyke storyline was executed or whatnot, but he definitely had one, much more than Iceman, Storm, Beast, or Kitty got. Even Warren had a bit of an arc shifting from Angel to Archangel.

Now, I'm hardly looking for Colossus to have as many episodes as, say, Cyclops or Nightcrawler; hell, Cyclops had an episode that was essentially SUNSHINE INTO THE SPOTLESS MIND. In fact as a Colossus fan I concede that having him as the central star of stories can be very difficult; he's a character that I feel is best when he is playing off the rest of the team, while unlike Wolverine he can seem stale without that. But, it would be nice if he did have some subplot. I am almost afraid, though, that it merely consists of him chasing after his family/sister and not with Kitty at all. Piotr/Kitty is one of the last major X-Men relationships that has yet to be attempted or captured in any alternate medium.

I wouldn't mind a trailer for Season 2 by Christmas, either. :up:

And season 1 finally comes to its conclusion on Nicktoons. Scenes that were cut from the BBC broadcast were also in this episode. Wolverine threatening the bound Emma was awesome! Definitely one of my favorite moments in the series much like when Magneto was pointing Wolverine's claws at Cyclops and Emma and Wolverine humiliates himself to get Mags to stop.

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed this season from begin to end. I first caught this in the summer and thought it would be another lame kids cartoon..but NOPE! beside the animation (dont really care for the over sized forearms and smaller waist lines on the cartoons) but the story lines great, pace and the voice actors are right on point-so i can ignore the design of the characters..:woot:

All comic book cartoons should take this tone, the x-men movies should of taken this tone as well...great job all around, can't wait for season two and i'm glad nicktoons decided to do a marathon last night.....great job!!

And season 1 finally comes to its conclusion on Nicktoons. Scenes that were cut from the BBC broadcast were also in this episode. Wolverine threatening the bound Emma was awesome!

I'll have to catch that somewhere; Wolverine deciding to trust Frost was a season defining moment and the cut of it made it seem very awkward and obligatory. I will be curious if the unedited version is any better.

It's a lot better and its one of the better done moments of the series and its a great payoff to all the dramatic tension between Wolverine and Emma Frost over the course of the series the way he confronts and threatens her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"