Iron Fist Iron fist Costume thread

Colter more often than not looked a tad uncomfortable and/or awkward in the fight scenes to me; unsure whether it was a result of his heart not being in doing them or whether he is just not naturally great at doing them [which would then explain why he doesn't like doing them], but it's definitely something I always got a sense of.

In retrospect, anyway you look at it we ultimately got an actor who didn't particularly want to do action scenes playing a character who's main thing is that he's super-strong and throws people around in an action-y way on top of a non-martial artist actor playing arguably Marvel's second best martial artist, who was then given next to little training and choreography. I think back to it all and it makes my blood boil.

Colter more often than not looked a tad uncomfortable and/or awkward in the fight scenes to me; unsure whether it was a result of his heart not being in doing them or whether he is just not naturally great at doing them [which would then explain why he doesn't like doing them], but it's definitely something I always got a sense of.

In retrospect, anyway you look at it we ultimately got an actor who didn't particularly want to do action scenes playing a character who's main thing is that he's super-strong and throws people around in an action-y way on top of a non-martial artist actor playing arguably Marvel's second best martial artist, who was then given next to little training and choreography. I think back to it all and it makes my blood boil.

They should also have cast as Quicksilver someone who's never run a day in his life, gets out of breath quickly due to his poor levels of fitness and suffers from terrible shin splint. Maybe he generally hates running too and thinks he looks silly when he runs. He's also fed up of always coming last in a race or that people have to cheer him on to try to motivate him across the finish line. Maybe he'd suggest that Quicksilver just walk, take it or leave it. :o

That Netflix universe had so much potential after a great start. Hard to make up for things like this though.

I mean in defense of Colter, he said Sweet Christmas multiple times. he did have a prison background, except he was wrongfully framed. he never had kids either, and he did fight a lot.

Also, he did wear a yellow shirt throughout his run.

Coming from his mouth and delivery, the "Sweet Christmas" always felt forced and an obligation rather than something that rolled off the tongue. His fight scenes consisted mostly of him standing in place and slapping people. He cried often about being bulletproof. Even with all the supposed talk of the Netflix verse being more "gritty", the reasoning for him being in prison and wrongfully framed in the show was painfully lame. The comics origin had Diamondback planting cocaine in Cage's apartment and having his girl Reva killed in a bridge shoot-out, but the show decided to replace it with Luke and Willis taking a car for a joyride while arguing whether MJ or Prince were better? Who thought that was a good narrative idea? I get these are adaptations, but some of the creative choices on the show were disappointing or mind-boggling.

I really do hope Fiege reboots Luke and Danny in the future. Too good to be wasted and both would be better served by Marvel Studios appreciating the characters and lore. I doubt they'd run away from Luke's personality or Danny's costume.

Coming from his mouth and delivery, the "Sweet Christmas" always felt forced and an obligation rather than something that rolled off the tongue. His fight scenes consisted mostly of him standing in place and slapping people. He cried often about being bulletproof. Even with all the supposed talk of the Netflix verse being more "gritty", the reasoning for him being in prison and wrongfully framed in the show was painfully lame. The comics origin had Diamondback planting cocaine in Cage's apartment and having his girl Reva killed in a bridge shoot-out, but the show decided to replace it with Luke and Willis taking a car for a joyride while arguing whether MJ or Prince were better? Who thought that was a good narrative idea? I get these are adaptations, but some of the creative choices on the show were disappointing or mind-boggling.

That's why Diamondback went to prison as a juvenile, not Luke. Diamondback apparently set him up later after he got out of the military and became a police officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"