Luke Cage Luke Cage costume thread

Keep in mind, we got some take on the suit in Daredevil. I certainly wouldn't call it the most authentic version.

I think they can get away a bit more with the Power Man outfit than they claim. The key is that, even in the comics, it was acknowledged as cheesy. The whole point was superheroes wore costumes so, if he wanted to be a superhero for hire, he had to come up with a cheesy costume to sell the role.

No, they really can't. I've said before in this thread that costume is REALLY off putting to a lot of black comic book fans. Black folks who aren't necessarily comic book fans definitely wouldn't go for that, especially considering that Daredevil and Jessica Jones weren't wearing goofy looking costumes. People want to see Luke Cage be taken as seriously as those other heroes and putting in some silly costume for the sake of a joke undermines that.

Last edited:
But he could still look like the image on the left with a yellow T-shirt and blue jeans as a nod to his modern comic appearance:

colter-luke-cage.jpg

But he doesn't even seem to dress like that.

But he could still look like the image on the left with a yellow T-shirt and blue jeans as a nod to his modern comic appearance:

colter-luke-cage.jpg

But he doesn't even seem to dress like that.

He wore the yellow shirt and jeans in Jessica Jones, but it wouldn't make sense for him to wear that everyday.

Note that the series is called "Luke Cage" and not "Luke Cage: Hero for Hire". There's no need for him to wear a costume for marketing purposes.

Going by the trailers and even his appearance in Jessica Jones, Luke seems to want to keep his anonymity. Running around in bright yellow while fighting crime will kind fly in the face of that.

While it does appear that he'll eventually go public (the scene with the reporters asking his name) I doubt he'll choose to represent Harlem by running around in bright yellow all the time.

We'll likely just get hints to his affinity for yellow like the lining of the hoodie and suits with yellow ties and yellow pinstripes.

No, they really can't. I've said before in this thread that costume is REALLY off putting to a lot of black comic book fans. Black folks who aren't necessarily comic book fans definitely wouldn't go for that, especially considering that Daredevil and Jessica Jones weren't wearing goofy looking costumes. People want to see Luke Cage be taken as seriously as those other heroes and putting in some silly costume for the sake of a joke undermines that.

I take it you don't think the explanation mitigates it at all, though? Obviously, I'm not suggesting a permanent thing. I'm not even sure we're going with Hero for Hire this season, so it might be moot.

Well if it makes you happy, in this interview https://youtu.be/PMS5fjtNCWs?t=3m28s , a reporter lets it slip that we get a full 70s costume appearance with the yellow shirt. Colter goes on to say they do the reveal at 1 in the morning in Queens in someone's backyard. Most likely after Luke busts out of prison, he goes on the run and needs clothes, so he grabs the yellow shirt, giving us the full 70s look.

Hopefully it's just that one scene and never utilized again.

I mean he wore a yellow shirt in Jessica Jones too. Not that big a deal.

luke-cage-yellow-shirt-e1448320214393.jpg

^I wouldn't mind seeing Luke wear yellow shirts like that. I just don't want him wearing his 70s look for more than an easter egg capacity.

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, it would be nice to eventually get Luke in one of these looks:

Luke_Cage_(Earth-616)_Mighty-Avengers_1.jpg

3448806-9697262678-28873.jpg

tumblr_m39ibn172M1r24hxpo1_500.jpg

I'm not saying I want the Power-Man outfit or anything, I just want some sort of outfit thats a bit different from regular civvies; plain ol' t-shirt and jeans just doesnt do it for me.

I'd like him to have some sort of costume too. I think something like his costume on the USM series, minus the glasses, would be great.

latest

I'd love to see him wear some yellow. The color really suits him, and I'm glad to see the hints of yellow on his hoodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"