Luke Cage Luke Cage costume thread

I just wanna see him wear a yellow T-shirt while he fights bad guys. At least one time. That's all I need. lol

I would LOVE to see his classic 70's design. I mean we ARE selling a hero here. I don't want him SO watered down that he just looks like a regular dude on the streets. Being a hero means you should have some presence and pizzazz. I don't want Heroes 3.0.

I would LOVE to see his classic 70's design. I mean we ARE selling a hero here. I don't want him SO watered down that he just looks like a regular dude on the streets. Being a hero means you should have some presence and pizzazz. I don't want Heroes 3.0.

The only classic 70's you're going to get is one in a flashback when he was a toddler or newborn.

I hope he doesn't have the WW-like bracelets.

I would prefer a costume(don't think he's going to have one). I like my superheroes to be dressed for the occasion.

I concur. Civvies (with nods to the comic book costume) are all well and good, but I always like to think there's going to be an actual costume eventually.

I believe when he's first shown in JJ he's wear a yellow t-shirt.

I'm still baffled by people's obsession with him wearing that costume from the 70's. That look is a complete and utter joke and frankly from what i can tell most black comic book fans hate it. It's not a coincidence that the characters popularity surged after ditching it and it's regularly made fun of in the comics.

Here's what he'll likely be wearing.

Black Jeans, a very tight fitting shirt to show his muscles(because everyone loves muscles) and maybe a leather jacket. This will vary in episodes. Because well, modernization guys. It's unavoidable, Luke won't really have aneed for a costume nor will Jessica until Defenders comes out.

dark blue jeans, yellow athletic t-shirt (@chronos) and some nice shiny belt. you dont need much.

I'm still baffled by people's obsession with him wearing that costume from the 70's. That look is a complete and utter joke and frankly from what i can tell most black comic book fans hate it. It's not a coincidence that the characters popularity surged after ditching it and it's regularly made fun of in the comics.

That is sooo untrue most black fans like me LOVE the classic look, yes its definitely smacks of black exploitation but its what he looked like and that was part of character in the comics. He was so pissed every time someone shot him and ruined one of his "fine silk" shirts, lol. That's like saying black people do not like the way SHAFT looked or DOLEMITE. I agree the 70s fashion would be out of place but as long as his "Swag" is represented it's all good!

I like this look, nothing fancy. There needs to be some yellow
UaH1dqw.png

Luke Cage's character has evolved past the costume.

At most, a yellow shirt and leather jacket should be his "costume".

The chain and tiara should stay in the 70's.

That is sooo untrue most black fans like me LOVE the classic look, yes its definitely smacks of black exploitation but its what he looked like and that was part of character in the comics. He was so pissed every time someone shot him and ruined one of his "fine silk" shirts, lol. That's like saying black people do not like the way SHAFT looked or DOLEMITE. I agree the 70s fashion would be out of place but as long as his "Swag" is represented it's all good!

A lot of Black People DON'T like Shaft or Dolemite.

And Black People in the 70's weren't running around dressed in things that looked like Luke Cage's costume. Even Cage in the comics called it a hokey costume that he just wore for marketing.

Cage has had a multitude of looks over the the "Classic" one simply wont work in live action unless you're going for something comedic. Even within the comics the costume is treated as a joke.

Luke Cage's character has evolved past the costume.

At most, a yellow shirt and leather jacket should be his "costume".

The chain and tiara should stay in the 70's.

No one evolves past a costume. That's speak for "we are too lazy to update it". They have updated him. Obviously he doesn't need a mask but regular clothes aren't built for throwing down.

Last edited:
G'day,

Well it looks like he will be getting some sort of costume.

However he doesn't really need much. A pair of tough tactical pants, yellow tee-shirt, appropriate footwear and maybe a jacket. An of course chain belt which can be uses as a weapon. As I previously noted thats an off the shelf product.

No one evolves past a costume. That's speak for "we are too lazy to update it". They have updated him. Obviously he doesn't need a mask but regular clothes aren't built for throwing down.

He has evolved past wearing costumes.

Keep in mind he didn't like the costume to begin with, he only wore it for marketing purposes. In the comics he's such a known figure that now he doesn't need that kind of publicity.

Or the show they're simply not going to go with anything hokey like that "Classic" costume. It'd run completely counter to everything else they're doing with the Netflix shows.

And regular clothes are built for throwing down when the person wearing them has unbreakable skin.

I'd argue that one of the things that makes Luke stand out these days is the fact that he doesn't wear a costume and rarely is seen in a uniform. He's very much a "Man of the people" more so than just about any other superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"