Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Alternate Ending Discussion

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
[YT]qqXcRGbk_-o[/YT]

What do you think of this alternate Iron Man 2 ending?

EDIT: Fixed link

Last edited:
I don't understand how those little whips are suppose to work.
How deadly are they, since it looked pretty easy for Tony to overpower.

Interesting seeing Tony walk out of his armor and the suit he's wearing underneath.

The Good thing about this unused Ending is that Whiplash has more Dialog.
The Bad thing is... This "Final Fight" was even Shorter! WAY WAY SHORTER!

I think a funny fact about this Whiplash Mark 2 Suit is that it's the complete opposite of the one we know.

Is this why the final Whiplash battle was so short??? They had to tack it on with limited budget? It makes more sense now. Both endings were a bit unsatisfying. Flaws in what was otherwise a very good and underrated sequel.

I don't understand how those little whips are suppose to work.
How deadly are they, since it looked pretty easy for Tony to overpower.

Interesting seeing Tony walk out of his armor and the suit he's wearing underneath.

I never really felt like whiplash was a serious threat. His whips never seemed to put Iron Man in serious jeopardy.

This does indeed explain why the actual ending to IM2 felt so tacked on......it was tacked on!

I like the idea of this one better but in execution it falls a bit flat. Didn't the novel end like this also?

The issues of brevity aside, I also prefer the one we got.

The alternative ending does look more disappointing against what we got (which itself wasn't the greatest either). Though I'm wondering if this alternative ending would have been as disappointing in context of what the rest of the movie may have been like if they had went with that version. Rourke has said they cut a lot (if not most) of his character development from the film. Perhaps with those scenes this alternative ending would have looked more fitting?

Maybe there's a good argument for a director's cut of Iron Man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"