Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Score

X-Men's lack of a consistent score always bothered me.

And when he says the original Batman films I'm guessing he means the fact that Batman Forever had a whole new theme.

X2 was the best score of the bunch, the only one I can still remember of the X movies. Did Wolverine even have a score? I don't remember it at all.

And the original Batman scores at least all built upon Elfman's original score, even though that one is still the best.

X-Men's lack of a consistent score always bothered me.

And when he says the original Batman films I'm guessing he means the fact that Batman Forever had a whole new theme.

Same here. and yeah, that's what I meant, once elfman was gone, everything was started from scratch.

X2 was the best score of the bunch, the only one I can still remember of the X movies. Did Wolverine even have a score? I don't remember it at all.

I disagree. I liked XMO:W's score the best, then X1, X2, and X3. But then again, I'm a huge HG-W / media ventures fan:o

Harry Gregson-Williams?

Harry Gregson-Williams?

Yessir. and Media Ventures is a company founded by hans zimmer, and many film coomposers with their style like zimmer have come from there.
An example is :
Deadpool [wolverine origins score]

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng0-Cs2D544&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng0-Cs2D544&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Iron Man's score :

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9PhfUsFvj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9PhfUsFvj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

So who else totally called that Iron Man 2 would use "War Machine" from AC/DC's new album released last year? I heard it last night and just started smiling.

So who else totally called that Iron Man 2 would use "War Machine" from AC/DC's new album released last year? I heard it last night and just started smiling.

I Just preordered the new ACDC Iron Man album off of ACDC website. Vinyl of course...

Why get AC/DC's Iron Man album? Why not just get all of AC/DC's original stuff? Lol.

Official website: http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

Contains samples from the score. They're disappointingly short and most of them don't really reveal any kind of themes, though I believe I heard the original theme that Ramin Djawadi established for the first film in there.

Track 6 sounds a lot like "The Anvil of Crom" from Conan the Barbarian (composed by Basil Poledouris)... at least to me it does.

Double post. *sigh*

Last edited:
from john debney's official facebook page :

dim2.jpg

I doubt that the score for this movie will be on par with TIH 2 disc score,
or even close to it. TIH earned it.

Last edited:
though I believe I heard the original theme that Ramin Djawadi established for the first film in there.

Track 5 sounds very close.

Thanks for all the links.

What's the big deal about getting it on a 2 disc rather than one? Clearer sound due to more disc space or something? Not being an ass, I genuinely want to know.

complete scores ftw! ^^

It's every bit of music heard in the movie, with alternates if we're lucky. A single disc could be up to 70/80 minutes, or only 45 minutes of music depending.

Oh, cool. That was my second guess, but I didn't even know they cut that much stuff out of a normal soundtrack. *****in'.

Sometimes I'm fine with it, but it's very rare when I am. Iron Man 1's score could have put maybe, 5-10 more minutes. but like mr. stark said himself, "yes, it's very cool" :awesome: :up:

Yessir. and Media Ventures is a company founded by hans zimmer, and many film coomposers with their style like zimmer have come from there.

John Powell also came from MV, and his style is much more advanced and unique than his peers. His music for X-Men 3 was gloriously over-the-top and wonderfully done -- and my favorite X-men score.

I have to disagree strongly with you on Harry Gregson-Williams -- his music for Wolverine was just white noise IMO. For the life of me I can't remember any of the music in the film, and that was right after I left the midnight showing. Say what you want about the rest of the X-Men scores, but at least there was some noteworthy music in all three of the movies (that climatic scene where Jean levitates Logan to save Rogue in the first pic; the main theme in X2; and the Jean/Dark Phoenix climax in X3).

Gregson-Williams has done some wonderful scores, but his X-Men work was just phoned in. And the score clips of IM2 make me think John Debney leaning too far to temp-tracking Ramin Djawadi's score from the first film in his own work.

Well, so far John Debney's score sounds far more exciting than Djawadi's. TRACK 7, for example, is simply a masterpiece (very Predator-ish). My other favs are 1 and 10 so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"