Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Score

Is there a song by ACDC and it has in the lyrics "Shoot to kill" ??

I am pretty sure "Shoot to Thrill", track #2 off their Back in Black album, has that lyric you mention.

I'm SO glad!

I am a HUGE Debney fan and was so disappointed when he didn't work on the first one.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with his work check out this compilation of some of his scores:[YT]_Kobp3UUbmc[/YT]

Also, if you're doubting him, take a listen to this kick ass track from his score for the video game LAIR (2007):

[YT]kh_etmt1MlY[/YT]

AND another great action track from LAIR:

[YT]13CpsOKNU0Q[/YT]

Last edited:
Favreau revealed on his Twitter account a few days ago that he and Debney are in London recording the score for Iron Man 2 now. Very cool. :cool:

Favreau revealed on his Twitter account a few days ago that he and Debney are in London recording the score for Iron Man 2 now. Very cool. :cool:

Debney's posted one [short] recording session on his facebook. I'm diggin it :word:

on his faebook page. I'm at school, so I can't get on facebook, but when pr if I go to a friends house, I'll post a link :up::awesome::up:

Iron Man 2 Scoring Session (Facebook):
images

* John Debney and Tina Guo
- http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1260872964603&ref=mf
* John Debney (Iron Man 2 - Work: Could it be Whiplash/War Machine theme?) - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1258734151134&ref=mf

* Tina Guo rocks at Iron Man 2 - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1253535861180&ref=mf
* Tina Guo (Could it be Black Widow theme?) - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1252158066736&ref=mf

I would like to have sex with Tina Guo. No clever pun or innuendo or anything, just being blunt. I would really like to have sex with her.

Clips sound good. Even if they don't use any retoolings of the themes from the first film (which I would like them to do), it still seems to have the same feel, so I'm mostly fine with it.

Clips sound good. Even if they don't use any retoolings of the themes from the first film (which I would like them to do), it still seems to have the same feel, so I'm mostly fine with it.

Agreed. :up:

I feel as If I'm the only one who liked RD's score...

I liked it as well. But, even if I thought it was... say... bland (which I don't, but I know others do) I would still want Debney to adapt it (and maybe he could improve on it in that case).

It really bothers me when previous scores are ignored for sequels just because a new composer is hired (this happened with Danny Elfman's Hellboy II score for instance). I want that sense of continuity that keeping the main core of the themes helps accomplish.

You are far from alone. Parts of it get posted several times a day on Youtube even two years later. Tons of people liked it. It's just that around here, everyone is in love with either William's Superman score or Elfman's Batman score and they are fairly resistant to a very different kind of score for a superhero movie(which IM's was). But I loved it. Too many people(around here) seem to get hung up on this stuff being iconic. Everyone wants this stuff iconic, blah, blah, blah. And they put themselves in a box with that attitude.

Last edited:
I loved the first score, glad this one's keeping that overall style and feel to it.

those clips were amazing. As a rocker at heart, i have a feeling I'm going to loooove the score for iron man 2... also, Tina Guo... schwing.

You are far from alone. Parts of it get posted several times a day on Youtube even two years later. Tons of people liked it. It's just that around here, everyone is in love with either William's Superman score or Elfman's Batman score and they are fairly resistant to a very different kind of score for a superhero movie(which IM's was). But I loved it. Too many people(around here) seem to get hung up on this stuff being iconic. Everyone wants this stuff iconic, blah, blah, blah. And they put themselves in a box with that attitude.

:up:

I remember when I got the soundtrack, popped it in and heard Driving with the top down....I was like, this movie is going to kick ASS :word:

I liked it as well. But, even if I thought it was... say... bland (which I don't, but I know others do) I would still want Debney to adapt it (and maybe he could improve on it in that case).

It really bothers me when previous scores are ignored for sequels just because a new composer is hired (this happened with Danny Elfman's Hellboy II score for instance). I want that sense of continuity that keeping the main core of the themes helps accomplish.

The Original Batman Films.
X-men [ALL of them].
:awesome:

Batman Returns uses the main theme from Batman, doesn't it?

As for the X-Men... yeah that **** bothers me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"