Iron Man & The Hulk [Spoilers ahead!] [Beware]

Simple question.

Why is Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark having a role in this movie?

Do some movie guys have some ideas in their heads for a superhero crossover in the future? Laying the seeds for an Avengers movie?

They've publicly announced an Avengers movie to be filmed in a few years after they've introduced the other members of the team in their own movies.

The only thing I do not like is that Shield will be creating the Avengers an not that the Avengers come together themselves.

It makes me wonder what version of Thor we will get as well.

The only thing I do not like is that Shield will be creating the Avengers an not that the Avengers come together themselves.

It makes me wonder what version of Thor we will get as well.

I'm guessing it will not be the classic Thor with the winged helmet and cape. The only issue with Thor I have is his mythos. Can those who are not comic readers accept a guy who's basically a god? And just how will they create a story that doesn't come off as completely cheesy? Thor is a tough character to tackle indeed.

Besides Tony,does SHIELD play a part in this movie at all?

all. Avengers will be released in 2011. That means it will finish shooting somewhere in 2010. Are you saying that in TWO YEARS, Norton and Downey will be... lol... too old to play their parts?

No offense in not responding to your post in it's entirety, but I posted this far before the Avengers was announced for 2011. Therefore I had no idea how it would play out... now I do.

I was assuming (remember, this is before there was even a confirmed Avengers movie, as my post was on May 3rd, the news came on the 5th) they'd want to do solo-films and their sequels before any Avengers film, if that were the case, then yes, they'd waste a lot of time, and the actors would have aged not just a petty two years.

:oldrazz: Should check the date of what you are quoting next time, I feel bad discrediting all that your wrote as you definitely took a lot of time out to write it. (It seems like that at least, then again maybe you are an uber fast typer.)

I'm guessing it will not be the classic Thor with the winged helmet and cape. The only issue with Thor I have is his mythos. Can those who are not comic readers accept a guy who's basically a god? And just how will they create a story that doesn't come off as completely cheesy? Thor is a tough character to tackle indeed.

Thor is a god.... but he is only slightly stronger then say the Hulk...he doesn't have the same power level as some other gods such as Odin so...

He is not unbreakable.... that gives him his humanity.

I pose you this question...what better enemy to have for the avengers then some kind of break down in the 7 worlds (orchestrated perhaps by Loki...) that opens up gates to both the fire world of Sutur..and the ice world of the Yimir.

this brings thor to earth....and he must seek the help of the Avengers

Thor is a god.... but he is only slightly stronger then say the Hulk...he doesn't have the same power level as some other gods such as Odin so...

I pose you this question...what better enemy to have for the avengers then some kind of break down in the 7 worlds (orchestrated perhaps by Loki...) that opens up gates to both the fire world of Sutur..and the ice world of the Yimir.

I kind of like this idea, but I'd rather have, say, some tech Tony Stark builds, that causes this breakdown and brings Thor down to earth in anger. A bit of antagonistic character interaction between the two.

I kind of like this idea, but I'd rather have, say, some tech Tony Stark builds, that causes this breakdown and brings Thor down to earth in anger. A bit of antagonistic character interaction between the two.

that too...removes Loki as a factor.

just thinking the Avengers need something BIG...VERY VERY BIG to threaten them.

Fox failed miserably with SS and Galactus. Sutur and Ymir are big and bold...but not as big as some planet muching space dweller. Perhaps paramount could utilze them.

Stur and Yimr are big enough threats on thier own throw in large cave trolls like Ulik and you have a party...enough for everyone to show off some serious power and skill.

What I really would have liked is to have seen Thunderbolt Ross as part of the audience when Stark is showing off the Jericho, that of been a perfect place to have him, it of made sense, and it would of been a hell of a nod.

New poster here, although I frequent this site to check out all new stuff about the Hulk.

Speaking about Stark's Jericho missle, it struck me as being very familiar. I may be wrong, but the missle seems to be similar to one of the military weapons fired at the Hulk in Ang Lee's movie. Recall on the Desert Base after Banner's childhood home was blown up. This weapon that was fired at Hulk split up into many "missles", but Hulk dodged them by jumping off.

What do you guys think?

Different. The one in Hulk dropped mines. The Jericho actually launched missles and strategic spots. Plus the Jericho's impact was muuuch bigger.

Concerning the impact that a Cap or Hulk failure will have on the Avengers' box-office, I can see it working the other way, too. Sure, Cap failing could possibly dissuade some people from building interest in the Avengers. But, now that Iron Man is a big success (although I don't really get why), people could also think "Hey, this film has Iron Man besides Cap. Maybe Cap'll be better this time around and if not, there's always shellhead to keep things interesting".

So, an Avengers movie could help re-establish a couple of characters that didn't do so well on their own. Let's not forget audiences like crossovers. If AvP worked, why wouldn't the Avengers?

Also, about the villain in an Avengers film. What if the Hulk was the villain? Remember when Banner lost all control on the Hulk and Dr Strange sent him to the Crossroads? Or the more recent Ultimate Avengers animated film? Hulk could still be in it, just not as a member of the team (at least, until the end).

I have kind of a curious observation/question: Since Marvel is now financing all their movies based on characters and since they own the right to the characters, can they put easter eggs into other Marvel franchises such? For example, if more X-Men and Spider-Man movies are made, do you think Marvel could put more cameos in the film to help give the sense of the same universe?

Since FOX has the rights to the X-Men, but they produce the films in association with Marvel, wouldn't it be cool if somewhere along the lines, there is more mention of the Avengers or something like that.

^^Hmmm. Maybe if they got off their asses and made an X-Men 4.

-TNC

I think some of you are getting confused. [blackout]Nick Fury[/blackout] appears after the credits in Iron Man, and The Incredible Hulk has [blackout]Tony Stark[/blackout].
What's the point. He doesn't look like the classic character anyway.

I think a big problem is that Favreau and Downey have both talked about keeping the mythos of the stories closer to real life. If you start bringing Gods into the mix, I think in some ways it over-extends the suspension of disbelief............especially if you're establishing normal environments in Hulk, IM. and Captain America......then all of the sudden you're going to show new worlds or dimensions?

Actually strength wise he was never stronger then the Hulk. However he has a plethora of powers above and beyond strength. Plus let us consider that for a movie some people will come in expecting mythological Thor who is somewhat different.

Actually strength wise he was never stronger then the Hulk. However he has a plethora of powers above and beyond strength. Plus let us consider that for a movie some people will come in expecting mythological Thor who is somewhat different.

Yerp that's all true, I remember when he was trying to take hulk down using lightning bolts.

has it been considered that maybe ross uses stark industries technology in TIH to no avail, then after seeing tony's announcment that he is ironman approaches him to handle the problem himself?

hulk being the "villian" in ironman 2?

Does Sam Jackson look like this guy? Hell no...

PICST167NONCGCFORBLOG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"