The Flash Irony of Julian Albert

NiallC

Civilian
Reaction score
Julian was introduced as a metahuman expert but in reality he didn't have to deal with them too much. He did in the first half when we are getting introduced to the character but later in the season the focus was Savitar and he got moved to the back. This is probably part of why he didn't return for a season 4.

But, this would be the perfect time for his character to shine. I am of the honest opinion that had his presence this season would have been great and boosted their storytelling capabilities. He is a metahuman expert and this season is about having lots of new metahumans created. And what do you now, we're two thirds into the season and we've still not come across them all so he would still be active and an important part. Also, if he was here he could have taken more of a leadership role and Iris could have been out as a journalist. This makes sense as he already was in charge of the CSI department so a leadership role in the team isn't crazy. But also, they could have had Iris shown to actively be trying to find these meta's instead of us being told about it. Also, it would have provided an outlet to show the police forces reaction to Barry's imprisonment whilst he was there.

I just find it ironic he decided not to do another season when this could have helped himself and been perfect for his character.

I just find it ironic he decided not to do another season when this could have helped himself and been perfect for his character.
Not sure if you really mean the character and not the actor, but given that one con Tom and Grant attended together, Tom wanted to return for another season.

They clearly had no more stories for him. Ralph/Hartley is in the same situation. Doubt he's gonna last until next season.

I don't think Dibney's gonna last, more cause of Devoe, not cause they are lacking stories for him.

I don't think Dibney's gonna last, more cause of Devoe, not cause they are lacking stories for him.
Yep.

S1: Eddie
S2: Henry
S3: HR
S4: Ralph Dibney (who already died in the PA explosion in s1, poor guy can't catch a break)

I miss Eddie and Julian, I have a feeling they might bring Eddie back as a cameo like they did in the speed force episode back in Season 2. I think they just ran out of stories with Julian. Ralph, unless they make him more like he is in the comics, like a solid part of the team, he probably won't last long.

That's my point. His story would have suited this year so much better. But there lies the problem with these shows not wanting to get rid of characters who have been there from the start. Flash has a real problem with it. At least with Arrow, Colton Haynes decision to leave made some room. I hope next season Flash doesn't bring in a new character and focuses on the cast we already have.

there lies the problem with these shows not wanting to get rid of characters who have been there from the start. Flash has a real problem with it. At least with Arrow, Colton Haynes decision to leave made some room. I hope next season Flash doesn't bring in a new character and focuses on the cast we already have.
Ding ding ding ding! Worse is ADDING new characters for no reason at all and then giving them storylines that are like why?! That's why I love Legends which isn't tied to the sacred canon cow, which is baloney for Flash and Arrow anyway, so anything can happen, any character could be written off, thus creating mystery and excitement. Once you realize the characters have plot armor, everything that happens to them have no consequences, therefore it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, good luck waiting for someone deciding to leave, ditto with focusing on existing cast. It's been 1 character since late s2 because they forgot the show is called The Flash.

Being tied to canon is tiresome and predictable. Julian could have existed a lot longer than Season 3 but the writers clearly wanted him in and out to make room for Ralph's intro. Somebody is going to die at the end of the season, I'm glad Julian was just written off, if it's Ralph then it wouldn't be that bad. He's just not an interesting enough character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"